Favourite Batman?

I remember watching dubbed Adam West reruns in pre-cable 80's Brazil. The stilted Portuguese dubbing made it especially cheesy.

"Senhor, o Batifone!"
"Santa Barracuda, Batiman!"

Mildly off-topic, but a lot of Bulgarian dubbing is like that. Watching NCIS, badly dubbed in flat voices, sometimes makes it more hilarious than when it's in the original and subtitled. I'd love to see the old Batman done like that.

Also, hopewrites! ;)
(Secretly laughing)

Adam West was My First Batman, and he lives near by, so that makes him always a treat for me. (Plus his Catwoman is still my favorite Catwoman)

I always remember Catwoman's invitation of 'Would you like to come in for some milk and cookies' when trying to entice batman back to her place. It never worked. :)

Christian Bale is the most lickable (not a typo) his regular whispers would melt me into butter, but his bat-whispers make me want to catch my claws in his kevlar, if you know what I mean. I feel he breathed new life into an already iconic franchise.

hmmm...I'm with you there Hope. Catfight? :p

Michael Keaton. He's the only one who I think convincingly portrayed both Batman and Bruce Wayne. He's the only one who managed to play Bruce as charming and debonair, but also with a slightly unsettling, unpredictable element.

Bale's Batman was menacing (though the gravelly voice got so absurd it became a parody of itself), but his Bruce was too cold. Though I don't think Bale can do warmth anyway. The last time I found him charming or sympathetic in any way was in Empire of the Sun.

The less said about Kilmer and Clooney, the better. And I never liked the Adam West Batman, even when I was a kid.

Adam West.

Because it was fun, and didn't take itself too seriously.

The recent trilogy was so terrified of being Joel Schumachered and having a film like Batman and Robin it kept any sense of fun or lightness far away, and jabbed it with a ten foot barge pole if it came near. It took itself too seriously. Not to say it was bad, but even MacBeth had some jokes in it.

My feet are firmly entrenched in the Adam West camp (pun intended).

Hilariously brilliant (plus the series has the purrfectly stunning Julie Newmar):)