Fave Quotes

DCBastien

Sound and fury
So OK I can quote a lot. I cain't help it. My favourites include;

'But we don't exist here anymore!'
'Correction, we don't ever have existed here before, but this is hardly the time to be discussing past and present never presnet verbs...'
or words to that extent. in fact I had an inlking I heard a partciple in the speech but Lister uses none so.... maybe go get me transcript if i can be bothered...

NE takers? Or we could do a quote and u guess who and which eppy? Well? ANSWER THE TALKIE TOASTER, DAMN U!!! j/k:p

"Well, I cant say im totally shocked.....youll bonk anything wont you Lister?" HAHAHAH!

"It was have going to have happened, but it hasnt actually happened happened yet, hactually"

"Oh, groovy funky channel twenty seven, big smeggin' deal! You livvies hate us deaddies!"

Im in fits of laughter just thinking of them.....

Squire

Here we go, now I cant stop think of them...

"She looked down on me, she used to call me Rimmer"
"Everybody called you Rimmer"
"But it was the way she said it...Rimmer...to rhyme with scum"

"QUICKLY NOW NOW, STAB 'IM, STAB 'IM, NOW!! Ahhh.....you havent met Stab'im"

Squire

Foodie and Esperanto Quotes explained.

What does LEVEL NIVELO mean?

• Red Dwarf is a bilingual ship, with English and Esperanto as the two official languages. "Nivelo" is the Esperanto word for "level". The signs in the corridors of the ship simply indicate (in both languages) what level you're on.
  • Esperanto is a real language, developed in the the 1880s by Polish ophthalmologist L.L. Zamenhof.
  • The episode "Kryten" establishes that Lister, Holly, and Kryten all speak at least some Esperanto. Rimmer is shown trying -- and failing -- to learn Esperanto from a videotape. The name "Esperanto" means "one who hopes," a fact that is alluded to in "Back to Reality."
What are some of the foods mentioned on the show?
  • "Vindaloo," the most frequently mentioned food item on the show, is a very, very hot Indian curry dish. Most Indian restaurants have them on the menu. They can contain almost any variety of meat, thus Lister's references to "mutton vindaloo," "chicken vindaloo," etc.
  • "Madras sauce" is another standard curry sauce, less hot than vindaloo.
  • "Poppadoms," another Indian food item, are thin lentil-flour wafers resembling tortillas, deep-fried until crisp.
  • A "shami kebab" is an appetizer served in Indian restaurants. It consists of finely ground meat and lots of spices, grilled over a flame. The meat is a mixture of pork and either goat (in more authentic restaurants) or beef (in less authentic ones).
  • You typically get two shami kebabs with a salad side dish. Shami kebabs are sometimes prepared and served in an egg coating, similar to an omelette.
  • "Chutney" is a fruit piccalilli (pickled relish), often eaten with cold meat.
  • "Gazpacho soup" is a Spanish tomato-and-cucumber cold soup which often includes garlic, olive oil, and bread. It's common in Spain and in upscale American restaurants.
  • A "pot noodle" is an instant noodle product marketed in the U.K. by Golden Wonder, a snack food company. It's a plastic container with pre-cooked dried noodles and flavorings inside. To prepare it, you open the container, pour in boiling water, wait a few moments, and eat it.
  • A "kipper" is a herring, cured by splitting, salting, and smoking. Kippers are eaten as a breakfast food in some parts of the U.K.
  • A "Topic Bar" is a candy bar sold in the U.K., consisting of fondant and hazelnuts covered with chocolate. (This is what Lister means in "Marooned" when he says "Don't mention Topics, they're food.")
  • One ad campaign for the Topic Bar used the slogan "A hazelnut in every bite." Thus, in "Stasis Leak", Rimmer complains, "Everything always goes wrong for me. I'm probably the only person in the world to buy a Topic Bar without a single hazelnut in it."
  • "Taramasalata" is a Greek appetizer consisting of a light paste of fish roe, olive oil, lemon juice, and moistened bread crumbs or mashed potatoes.
  • "Bhindi bhaji" is a vegetable dish made with okra.
  • "Tarka dhall" is a mild curry dish based on lentils.

What the?!?!?! Dave, are you outta shake n vac?

OK so...

Rimmer: 'What about me?'
Kryten: 'When I look at you i think... 'smmm- smee- smee-hee'
Rimmer: He remembers me!

R:'There's always one'
L:'But he's not usually in charge.'

'It's a bannana'
'it's an orange.'
'It's a banana'
'It's an orange.'

I realy love that. I could do a really good imppersonation of Krytie doing that!

Contrary to popular belief, I'm no RD expert. I just copy and paste things. I think people come here for infomation as well as 'funnies'.
Also, I do like all the food and curry related stuff, as well as all the Rimmer 'put down' quotes.

It is ages since I watched RD, I don't have any videos (even piled under my bed), only the books. A quick flick through those didn't reveal any brilliant quotes. I've checked out some websites but many haven't been updated in years. So don't mind me, keep posting your fav quotes so that I can learn the essential RD from those who know!

I did find somewhere that you can download entire scripts from:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/4398/

Also the 'Esperanto' thing reminds me of the 'Stainless Steel Rat' books - have you read those Skip?

http://ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3058

Rimmer: "We don't want him.....go away...you can keep the smegger"

Cat: "Oooowww, the strings moving...oowwww"

Rimmer: "STOP YER FOWL WHINING, YA FILTHY PIECE OF DISTENDED RECTUM!"

Hehehe

Squire

Rimmer: Look I think we've all got something to bring to this discussion, and I think the thing you should bring is silence.

Lister: no, I think he's right

Cat: Twice in one life? When you're hot you're hot!

Lister: Is it me, or is Wilma Flintstone incredibly sexy?
Cat: Wilma Flintstone is without question the most desirable woman who ever lived.
Lister: That's good, I thought I was going a bit whacko. What d'you think of Betty?
Cat: Betty Rubble? We-ell, I would go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma.

Rimmer : ALPHABETTI-SPAGHETTI!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat : Duane Dibley? Man, I dont wanna be Duane Dibley....

Squire

(cat is walking along with a trolly full of cigarettes and puls out a mirror" "How am I lookin? I'm lookin nice. My shadows lookin nice. Hey we make a great team! Dangerous!"

I love that quote! And another.

Kryton: Are u sure u don't want to come along Mr Rimmer?
Lister: U could be in charge of 5 buttons
Christine: Are u insane? He's not going to be be impressed by the fact of being in charge of 5 buttons
Rimmer: That's 5 whole buttons?

Hehehehe

And another

Rimmer: What on Earth was that?
Death: Arnold J Rimmer, It is your turn to die.
(Rimmer knees Death where it hurts!)
Rimmer: The smeg it is!

(Last line of the last ep of the latest series)

Oh oh got another!

Lister wakes up from having his fear removed

Kryton: We have to come up with a suitable plan
Lister: Well i say we ought to twat It!

And another

Kryton had his guilt removed, Rimmer his anger, Lister his fear and i can't remember cat's

Rimmer: Well i say we hold a serios car boot sale than while it's still recovering from that we hit it hard with a leaflet campaign.
Kryton: Why don't we have Lister as bait and while the Mutant is devouring him slowly we sneak up on it and blow it to hell!
Lister: That's the best idea yet! While it's eating me alive U kill it!

Oh guys, I am sooooo glad I found this thread - I love Red Dwarf, its one of those series you watch over and over again, and still find hysterical - bit like Black Adder !

The deprogramming of Kyrten ep with the
'its an orange'
'no, its a banana'
routine is one of my faves, I can't wait till the .... its a small off duty chzeckslovacian police man - LMAO

How bout this one, 'I'm fine thank you Susan'

Kryten after he has been used as a battering ram on 'White Hole'

oooooh no.........

'we don't exist here any more...'

did i already do this one?

ohhhhhhh noooooooooo i lost all the ones i just thought of.....

'humans? we of the vindaloonian empire have pledged to destroy all humans. we will nto rest until our task is completed...

I have loads of faves, but a few are:

Kryten--Oh spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska!
Lister to Rimmer--You're nickname was never Ace. Maybe acehole.
Rimmer--With all due respect sir, you've got your head right up your big fat a**!
Cat/Dwayne Dibbley--So this is really me? A no style gimbo with teeth the Druids could use as a place of worship? (I know I put that one in another post but it's worth a repeat.)
Krytie to the Dibbley family--"I get a name....Wayne...Wayne Wibbley."
My all time favorite is when the evil Cat, Krytie, Rimmer and Lister come back in OUT OF TIME. After Lister peers down the telescope and sees he's just a brain in a jar, Rimmer says--OOOOHHHHH DEAR! Cat says--What, is he fat? Rimmer--Far from it. He's lost a bit of weight actually. Actually he's lost quite a bit of everything!
I like that one so much I made it an icon on my screen so I can listen to it whenever I need a laugh.
Well, those are just a few of my favorite million quotes. I'm always so impressed the actors can get some of these lines out of their mouths, let alone making them so funny!
Oh I have to add one more Dwayne Dibbley quote--Suck my thermos! :laugh2: :laugh:

Next?.....

Aing-Tii:star:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maria8475 Charmed 4
Maria8475 Smallville 16
Maria8475 Charmed 90
Maria8475 Stargate - the movie 12
Maria8475 Andromeda 61