Xpose #54 (Lone Gunmen)

MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
Small little footnote article in the new issue of Expose.

XPose News #54
GEEKS AT lARGE

X-Files executive producer Frank Spotnitz has been waxing lyrical about what we can expect from the curious spin-off series The Lone Gunmen while talking to Fandom.com. "Well, I know a lot of people, studio and network people, are like, 'Can these guys carry a show?' and they're not traditional-looking leading men and we just did a lot of thinking about it - who are these guys really? Fleshing them out. What do they stand for? And they stand for, as they say tongue-in-cheek, that they stand for truth, justice and the American way, like Superman. They stand for old-fashioned American values. So old- fashioned that they're kind of hip because no one talks about them anymore. What we've done is - their geeks, but we've surrounded them with people who are even geekier. They look kind of cool in comparison to the geeks they work with. I think they carry it really nicely. We're at the end of the run now - we start shooting episode 10 of the first 13, so we've got a pretty good sense of how it's working. I think we pull it off."

So, will the surprisingly comedic series, which will center its mythology around the new female character Yves Adele Harlow (an anagram of Lee Harvey Oswald), be another X-Files or another Harsh Realm?

"You're talking to a person that got burned on Harsh Realm," Chris Carter told TV Guide Online. "I think the studio and the network don't really know what the hell we're doing [with Gunmen]. They don't understand three unlikely, geeky heroes being leads in a show."

Uh-oh. We give it a month!

Cheers,

Great article, thanks for posting it. :) Well, is true they're not the usual leading men
but I find them very cool and hilarious. ;)

I don't know, Byers is kind of cute. ;)

I agree though, I like them too. Always have and wanted to see more of them on X-Files.

Cheers,

Originally posted by MythingLink
I don't know, Byers is kind of cute. ;)

I found Byers cute too ;) But I suppose he will not be the "usual" leading man
people are familiarize with. You know, the hunk type etc or when is girls the
model type.