Fave Episode?

Lol!:D I think that has to be one of my favourite quotes from the series. Dimension Jump was excellent.

It took me a while to get used to the style of the later episodes (especially the ones where they found Red Dwarf again, complete with crew), but they're still good.

You thought you'd outgrown it?? Bad Tillane! Bad! Red Dwarf should always be loved!

I don't think I'm so keen on the later ones when they return to the crew (although I haven't seen those ones for ages -- I've also caught a few on Dave and it seems to mostly be the earlier episodes). I quite like Psirens, if only for the line about the guy writing a message with his own intestines and using a kidney for the full stop...:D

Hee. Yes, I am a very bad boy. I agree about series 7/8 being weaker than the older stuff: I like some of the characters (particularly Mac MacDonald as the captain), but it feels like too much focus was put on making the series look good rather than on the jokes. Series two is still my overall favourite.

But...Dave is showing Stoke Me A Clipper tonight! 10:20 for those interested...

Every episode released without a laugh track was superior to the others. I get the jokes. I don't need canned laughter to point them out to me

Me2 where Rimmer gets a taste of his own medicine and Queeg are my 2nd and 3rd favourite episodes.

Best was 'Back To Reality' and in all honesty would have been a great way to end it, with them actually going back to reality; ie Cat really was Duane, Kryten was a traffic cop etc. After this season, (imho) it started to go downhill; you can tell a tv series is getting tired when it starts to parody itself, and that's what they started to do in Gunmen and other episodes. Also they started to be much nicer to Rimmer, which was wrong in all sorts of ways.

And the Norweb joke is definitely the highlight of the entire series for me.

The one with the Holovirus :D :rolly2: :lol: Rimmer in that gingham dress is not something you forget in a hurry.
"What will we do with them now Mr. Fibble? We can't possibly do that......who'd clean up the mess!"

Watched this one again last night. So creepy when Rimmer appears in pigtails and the pink gingham dress - creepy, unexpected and hilarious.

Back To Reality, for Timothy Spall and also to see all four of them thrust into a role the utter antithesis of each of them.

Marvellous

Yeah Duane is hilarious, but the really ironic bit is Rimmer finding out that he's Lister's brother so that rather being able to blame his failings on his parents , he only has himself to blame.