American Gothic

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
Does anyone remember the programme American Gothic ?

It starred Gary Cole as a town sheriff. He could manipulate people and their minds. I think the small boy who appeared in the programme is called Lucas Black. He played Caleb.

I thought this programme was very good. Just wondered if there were any other fans out there.

Annette. :)

hi annette

i remember american gothic, it was good, a bit weird, but then i like them that way, gary cole was lovely, bad, but lovely, he was in crusade as well...peachy

Come on people.

Please leave me anything to do with Americaan Gothic. I have seen from the TV poll there are many fans out there?

I'm begging you.

Annette :(

Hi girls!
I've just found this thread. American Gothic was on the air here some years ago. My brother and I were big fans, but it seems like I forgot most of it.
As far as I can remember the little boy was called Caleb Temple, and the Sheriff (wow, Cole) was called Lucas Buck!
But I can't remember how Caleb's dead sister was called...something with a 'M' at the beginning, right?
I only watched the first two seasons, then they stopped airing it....maybe there do no other seasons exist?!?
Ah, and there was Caleb's cousin...uh, don't know ger name, too. She was a reporter and tried to find out who killed Caleb's parent's and his sister...( do you still know who it was?)
:p

excellent programme... only saw the first season and then it just stopped... where it go

At last..........

At last someone has replied to this post.

I know the Sci-fi channel has been repeating this series. They did last year cos I taped it all. Have about 20 odd episodes. I thought it was really good. Glad to see there are a few more fans out there.

annette :D

I really loved it.
Lucas was soo cool! I don't know why they stoped airing it here, but I still hope that there are other seasons that will be aired one day.
Can you remember that the boy who played Caleb Temple had a little part in the X-Files, the movie?
He was the boy at the beginning that fall into that cave!
It was so funny. When my brother and I watched X-Files, the movie, we both said: 'Oh, that's Caleb!', at the same time...:rolly2:

Here in the USA. It aired on CBS for a season. Was Cancelled in April and the final ep's were shown in the summer. I liked it. It gave me the willies everytime I tuned in. The woman who played Caleb's cousin also played April O'Neil in the Ninja turtle Movies.

ZachWZ

I liked that show, too. though i haven't thought about it in years, i must say i miss it dearly.
Lucas Black was in a movie called Crazy In Alabama. great movie.

ahh - reviving old threads ---

i remember American Gothic too! loved the show! was annoyed that it was preempted for basketball and then cancelled altogether -

there was only ever one season filmed - 22 episodes. CBS in the US never aired the last 4 (the 4 after Requiem - starting w/ Potato Boy and ending w/ Strangler) -

i actually pulled out my tapes the other day and scanned through to see which episodes i had - only missing "Potato Boy" - b/c SciFi stopped airing it before i could get it ---

Merlyn (think that's the spelling) is Caleb's sister --

great show ---------

H2 you my bestest buddy, glad someone else likes this, think i managed to tape all of the eppys off sci-fi here in the UK.

Wasn't Caleb a sweetie? Could have hugged him to death. Gary Cole was a good looking sheriff too. Woohoo!!!!!!!! *Drool time here.*

I did enjoy watching this, thought it an excellent show.

annette :D

You would LOVE to be in New Zealand right now then..they are showing it on SKY every week

Carkedit :dead:

Love the show though...yum...Lucas Buck....

Love the accents, gotta say its my fav after the Aussie accent!

They cancelled the show and never really wrapped it up at the end..they could do with another season at least just to tie up the loose ends.

I heard it was because the public couldn't accept that the main character was the devil...so they canned it..anyone else know the reason they shelved the show??

Carkedit :dead:

um - why did they can the show? b/c they're idiots??

there was so much potential for this show - so much they could have done --

did they ever say 'specifically' that Lucas Buck was the 'devil'? i don't remember b/c it's been a while since I've seen any episodes -

it's science fiction - w/o a deep-rooted, evil antagonist, there is no show ---

about Caleb - did i want to hug him? never - he was annoying - i LOVED Lucas Buck tho! Gary Cole was fabulous in that role!

there were far too many loose ends that needed tying up before the thing disappeared ---

too bad scifi never picked it up to finish it - that would have been EXCELLENT!

major networks seem to have a problem w/ 'controversial' stuff and they are afraid of it - no one wants to take chances anymore -

another problem - the show got moved around several times in the beginning-- it they'd just given it a timeslot - any day of the week at 2200hrs EST, they would have been fine --- (well, unless they'd tried to put it up against Law & Order - no chance of attracting an audience there) --- anyway -- then they kept pre-empting it for basketball - not a good move if you're trying to develop an audience --

honestly - this show was less severe than Twin Peaks - and that show was weird -

American Gothic ROCKED!! I miss that show..same as Earth 2.

Yeah, does anybody remember a show, i cant remember what it was called, but it was about vampires and it got cancelled coz the star died in a motobike crash..?? Does anybody know what it was called???

hmmm - there are 9 ppl in this thread who say they liked the show - wonder if we could get a mini-forum? maybe? dunno -

Annette - i suppose we could get an admin to add a poll to this thread - or we could start a new one w/ a poll, then have the two threads merged -----

Sounds a great idea to me, have been trying to get peeps to post here. As you can see started the thread a while ago.

Found this if anyone interested.

http://www.scifi.com/americangothic/

tis kewl has sound effect too.

annette :d

Hey, a mini forum would be cool! Great idea, H2!!!
Although I don't think I remember too much from the series...as I said they aired it years ago...:(
Lucas was great, good-looking of course, but I loved the character *because* he was so dark and evil. The show gave me the creeps sometimes, too :D
I liked Caleb, maybe we were on major Mother-hen mode, Annette...:D

Someone's at the Door...

Well - w/ episode guides and ep reviews and such, we could probably refresh your memory --

so - hmmmmm - a poll maybe? ppl seem attracted to polls --

looking at that sci-fi site -- ya know -- i just love the fact that here in the US, b/c CBS was gonna can the series that they skipped episodes -- b/c Requiem is the last episode - and we don't have any idea what's supposed to happen after that -- grrrr @ CBS for being a pain --- it's annoying to learn that not only did they not air the whole season, but that they skipped eps so they could air the finale -- well, they did think ahead - and 'ended' the show instead of just letting it drop w/o a trace --- <sigh>