Any definite news about further seasons?

Gee

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone knows whether or not season 5 is most definitely the last season. I know there is talk of a movie but announcements about forthcoming seasons have usually been made by now. Just curious.

MGM announced that it had placed a sequel to the surprise sci-fi hit Stargate on the fast track along with a movie version of the series , fans shouldn't expect to see the movie until 2002. There was no word on if it would be a direct sequel to the 1994 movie or a continuation of the currently running television series.

In addition to this news, reports from fans returning from last weekend's "Best of Both Worlds" convention in Australia said that Davis and Rothery confirmed that the film will continue on from the SG-1 universe established by the television series. Aparently the actors said that they have been approached to appear in the film.

Hey checkout my No SEason Six thread???!!!
smirk.gif

So if they announce a last season...would season 5 be the last season or season 6? Seeing as season 5 is in production....wouldn't that technically mean next season would be the last hence season 6?? OK I'm just hoping.......wishful thinking.....

Carkedit:dead:

i think i know what you mean..... and agree

Stargate SG-1 (Syndicated). This year, the sci-fi show's fifth, is also its last.

As you say it's not official but it's shocking news if it's true ....

Well its certainly not life as we know it...

OK, so everything has to end sometime. But why Stargate now? I really enjoy it. Why must it end?
Huhhhh, I suppose I understand why, it's just a pain even for newer fans just really getting into it.
Waitwaitwait. That thing of Skydiver's says 'Ballykissangel' as well. The series has hardly started here, and it's popular with people. Not that it looks too good from my view, btw.......
:eek: :mad:
I like Stargate. (Not, not ballykissangel)!!

Well ballykissangel is no comparison at all.... Stargate is absolutely FAB... and Groovy...

Yeah stargate is fab and i think there should be at least another season after season 5. At least we've go the film to look forward too.
Bye

bear in mind, one of the writers of the show has posted he knows nothing about it, as has mallozzi...so this isn't official until showtime &/or mgm says they're toast...it is possible the tv guide took the variety statement(which is where it first appeared a week or two ago) as gospel and printed it...we really won't know until the fat lady sings...so i'm just keeping my fingers crossed. and it's really hard to type this way:D

Yikes, just read that article.
Official or unofficial.. I think i'm gonna be sick!
Nooooooooooooo!
:(
:(

I have my fingers crossed as well. I can't imagine things without the weekly dose of SG1. 2002 is too long to go without all the gang. SG1 and RDA are the best thing ever.

Just remember that the US entertainment industry have a nasty habit of killing off shows even when they have a big cult following. I think a lot of it is due to their rating system which pretty much sucks.

You might also not want to consider that the actual SG1 people themselves may wish to call a halt to the series whilst it's in it's prime. Sort of like the old adage of 'leaving the audience yelling for more', although it's difficult to see what they would gain from that. Or the actors may also consider that they are now 'high profile' enough to advance their careers without the Stargate vehicle. Although RDA has never really gone the Hollywood superstar route in his career.

I don't know......... I like shows like Farscape but they're not quite close enough to how we live on earth now and Stargate does relate to that. (Andromeda left me quite cold, I kept looking at Kevin Sorbo and thinking that Iolaus was going to leap out from behind a console saying 'How's it hangin' Herc!' - it sort of spoilt the whole thing for me).

:aliengray

Originally posted by Anni
I don't know......... I like shows like Farscape but they're not quite close enough to how we live on earth now and Stargate does relate to that. (Andromeda left me quite cold, I kept looking at Kevin Sorbo and thinking that Iolaus was going to leap out from behind a console saying 'How's it hangin' Herc!' - it sort of spoilt the whole thing for me).

:aliengray

:lol: :lol: :lol: me too.....could never get into that series!

Carkedit :dead: