4.17: Atonement

Mellian

Sothoii war maid
So where does Sandoval's loyalties lie now. Is he loyal to Zo'or because he saved him or is he just going to hold it in until he has a chance to strike back.

Also DeeDee's role doesn't make sense from what I remember of her in Season 1. She should know about the resistance since they rescued her but how does she end up working with Zo'or?

Any thoughts?

Bearing in mind I'm a 'newbie' to the series, and mayb far off the mark...

Don't the Taelons know that Liam doesn't support them? Why is he still working with/for them? (Other than the sake of the series). And why do the T's toler8 Renee? Isn't she like... a problem as well? And the same (again) for Sandoval - haven't they figured out he's ... welll, not always got their best interests at heart?

And does Sandoval actuallysupport the Taelons? He doesn't seem to - why doesn't he just join Liam & co? (Other than the sake of continuinity)

WEll Da'an knows that Liam is part of the resistance. But he also knows what Liam is/was, part Chimera. I think it has to do with the factions among the Taelons.

Zo'or knows that Sandoval hasn't got their best intersts at heart but I think he is trying to manipulate him. It will be interesting to see what Sandoval does now.

I don't think it is surprising that Sandoval doesn't join Liam and company. He wants to be in charge of his own destiny not trust it to someone else. Which is ironic considering his relationship with Zo'or.

Oohhhh.
Originally posted by Mellian
WEll Da'an knows that Liam is part of the resistance. But he also knows what Liam is/was, part Chimera. I think it has to do with the factions among the Taelons.
Huh? Bearing in mind I've only seen the first ep and part of S5, please explain about the Chinera!

What channel are you watching it from? If your watching it from Sky1, what was the eps yesterday?

Okay the Chimera or Kimera, not sure the spelling is an ancient race that came before the Taelons or Jaridians etc.
There was one of them left and he ended up crash landing on earth. He had the ability to take different forms of peoples. While he was in their form they were in a sort of weird stasis. Anyway he eventually took Sandoval's form and as Sandoval he conceived a child with this Irish Protector. The resistance got hold of her and the child was born in very short order, the child was Liam and he grew to the point he is at in a few short hours.
The alien Chimera was killed by Boone and Boone received the injuries from which he ended up dying.

Liam was born at the start of the second season. He managed to get himself named as Da'an Protector. Da'an suspected and found out who Liam was during the second season.

Da'an however has never told Zo'or or the rest of the Synod.

I am in the United States so I have been watching on WGN out of Chicago. Right now they are showing repeats over here.

Hey, thanx for the explan! MAkes it a lot clearer! But...

Who's Boone? Was he an/the original character? Doesn't that make Liam Sandoval's son? (Sandoval is Von Flores, right?!)

What's the Synod? :rolleyes:

(Don't 4get, patience is a virtue!) :D

Okay, let me try.
Boone was the main character from season one. After helping to rescue Da'an from an assasination attempt Da'an offers him a position as a Protector. Boone says no. After all you have to have this CVI which give you great mental abilities but gives you an imperative to do anything to protect the TAelons and put them first.

Enter the resistance headed by Jonathan Doors with Captain Lili Marquette as a main undercover agent. She is a shuttle pilot working for the Taelons. They try to get Boone to join them by telling them they have a doctor on the inside and have been able to alter a CVI so that while having those great mental abilities won't give him the imperative to help the TAelons.

Boone says no, but then after his wife dies he takes up the resistance on the offer. So he becomes one of those protectors working with Sandoval.

He is THE main character of the first season, but dies at the end of it. Liam takes over as the main character.

Liam is Sandoval's biological son. But Sandoval doesn't know about it. In fact there was an episode where Sandoval needed this certain blood factor to save his life but only a close relative could donate it. He doesn't have any close relatives that he knows of. Liam anonymously leaves some of his blood to save Sandoval.

The Synod is the governing body of the Taelons. The leader of the Synod from the first season is killed at the beginning of the second season. Zo'or and Da'an both try to become the next leader of the Synod. Zo'or manages to become the leader.

Just a side note, Zo'or is Da'an's child.

Hope this helps. :) :) :)

Originally posted by Mellian
Liam is Sandoval's biological son. But Sandoval doesn't know about it.

Just a side note, Zo'or is Da'an's child.

Hope this helps. :) :) :)

Yeah, it helps loads, thanx! :)

BUT :rolleyes: does Liam know he's Sandovals son? Does Renee? And doesn;t that make it harder for Liam to 'kill' Sandoval? (S is one of L's 'targates' isn't he?)

Which one is the female? And how do I tell them apart?

Yes Liam knows he is Sandoval's son. Sandoval doesn't know he is Liam's father.

Renee did find out about Liam's relationship to Sandoval. If I remember correctly it was in the episode which Sandoval was dying.

Liam trys to defeat Sandoval but has avoided killing him when he has had the opportunity.

:flash:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KateWalker General Film Discussion 0