Fly, The (1986)

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
This is a great film :D

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0091064 -

SYNOPSIS:
Seth Brundle is a scientist working on teleportation. Just when he thinks he's ironed out the last bug in his system, the intervention of a common house fly turns Seth into a 6 foot insect. The transformation from man to fly is gradual but horrific, and is witnessed by Veronica; a reporter documenting Seth's story. Seth has some time to try to find a cure, but is there enough time...?
Starring Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis

Also the source of the soundbite "Be afraid, be very afraid"

The Fly (1986)

http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0091064

Directed by David Cronenburg.

With Jeff Glodblum, Geena Davis, John Getz.

This new version of original 1958 story, which is now very dated, has supberb special effects, the way Goldblum slowly turns into a fly is excellent, though gruesome.

Fly II, The (1989)

http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0097368

A few years after Jeff Goldblums death, his son is born
(What? I thought, when did that happen?) Another remake too far, but it least this one has a new plot.

lol

the sequel was ................not good to put it kindly..........the dog bit jut freaked me out..........>shudders<

but the fly 1 was grrrrrrrreat!lol

the end bit when that guys hand gets done with the acid was gross. oh and the bit where he spits acid from his mouth onot the biscuit was so disgudting!lol

oversll i loved the movie!lol

I recently saw The Fly on Netflix after many years. Gruesome as it is, I enjoyed it better now. Jeff Goldblum and Gina Davis were a really interesting pair. I avoided the sequel. It seemed like a bad idea to do a "Son of the Fly" type sequel to such an interesting movie.

I recently saw The Fly on Netflix after many years. Gruesome as it is, I enjoyed it better now. Jeff Goldblum and Gina Davis were a really interesting pair. I avoided the sequel. It seemed like a bad idea to do a "Son of the Fly" type sequel to such an interesting movie.

I thought the sequel was very good, more special effects and good characters. I don't want to tell you what happens in the second movie, give it a chance and check it out. :)

I thought the sequel was very good, more special effects and good characters. I don't want to tell you what happens in the second movie, give it a chance and check it out. :)
Maybe I will. Sometimes good movies unjustly get bad reviews.

LOL, i remember seeing this and fell in love with Geena Davis for a short while. A great movie and one of the few remakes that works.

I agree with previous opinions - a pretty decent remake - I can only vaguely remember the sequel. I do remember thinking that it was not as good as the first and it has its flaws but, on the whole, I've seen a lot worse. :)

This was the first film - and I'm not sure if it's ever happened since - to actually turn my stomach with the vomiting on the doughnuts scene. Just did not see it coming. Nowadays I just love the idea of the world's first insect politician.

The sequel wasn't as bad as some people make out, but this one is undeniably a classic.

Anyone for an arm wrestle?