The Terminator (1984)

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Another Arnie classic :D In fact the movie that made him...

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0088247 -

SYNOPSIS:

In the year 2029, a computer called Skynet is fighting against a human resistance, after having nearly destroyed the rest of humanity in 1997. Skynet has found a way to send a Terminator back in time. This is the story of the Terminator sent to kill the resistance leader's mother in 1984, before she gives birth. The resistance sends a warrior named Kyle Reese back to 1984 to protect the young woman. The question is, can Sarah Connor survive long enough to have her child so that history remains on track?

My husband absolutely loves this film. Needless to say we have watched it a great deal, even when theres repeats of it on TV.

Arnie is amazing as the 'Terminator'. Even though he is out to kill Sarah Connor you still look at him in awe.

We have the boxed set of this and T2.

Annette.:D :rolly2:

The film also helped make James Cameron, the director.

Also Linda Hamilton (apart from 'Beauty and the Beast' what else has she been in)
Michael Biehn (lots of 'B' movies other than this)
Lance Henriksen (of 'Millennium')

yeh another good thing about it is that although it is an 18 on VHS onDVD it is only a 15 so i was able to buy it on VHS when i was asked about it when i bought the video (i am 15 you see)

Packed Terminator DVD Coming

MGM will release a DVD edition of James Cameron's landmark SF movie The Terminator in October, the DVD News Web site reported. The U.S. DVD release of the 1984 Arnold Schwarzenegger movie had been delayed because of contractual obligations, the site reported. The film has been released in Europe as a two-disc set.

MGM Home Entertainment will reportedly release the movie in the United States on a double-sided DVD-14 disc. The film has been remastered and cleaned up, and it will be released in widescreen format, with a newly created 5.1-channel Dolby digital audio track. The disc will contain a newly re-edited documentary, a retrospective featurette, deleted scenes, a collection of trailers and a DVD-ROM version of the film's shooting script. The DVD will also feature an image gallery and new interviews with and an audio commentary track from Cameron.

lol

wat cn i say? i was like 8 when i saw it. i actually thought Kyle Reese wat dead.................THIS MOVIE TORTURED ME UNTIL I WAS 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought he was dead.........lol#
nonetheless a very good movie.:)

oh i saw it about that age 2 i am just talking about actually buying it!!!!

lol

it relly did freakme out u know..............i used to look at graveyards and thing" reese is there" lol

AWWW! Terminator! I love it, both parts!!!
Actually I prefer part two, Arnie is great! It made me laugh a lot!
I don't know how old I was when I watched the first part but I was young...and I wasn't able to watch the eye-scene in which the Terminator removes his eye..ewww!!! :D :D

It turns my stomach as well when he's fixing his arm, flexing the fingers and seeing the metal moving. The eye(I think) when it 'plops' into the water. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

annette :)

Glad I'm not the only one...:D :D
But after he removed his eye and you can see this little camera in his face instead it's easy to see that it's not Arnie but a puppet!
*That* were special effects...lol :D :D

lol

the arm bit was ok.........it was just the eye......ewwww

oh sumemr!how dare u diss the effects they had in 1984!lol shame onu girl! go in the corner now and stay tehre!lol

Come With Me If You Want To Live...

In the year 2029, giant super computers dominate the planet, hell-bent on exterminating the human race. And to destroy one man's future by changing the past, a cyborg - a Terminator, T-800 Cyberdynes System Model 101 which "can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't fell pity, or remorse, or pain. And it absolutely will not stop..." until it has terminated it's target - who's target is the man's, John Conner, mother, Sarah. It is sent back in time to 1984 and is terminating every Sarah Conner he can find.
A protector for sarah is sent back, Kyle Reese, but he's only human...
James Cameron's first "real" movie turned Arnold Schwarzenegger into a superstar and he stars in Predator, The Running Man, Collateral Damage, True Lies and others. And what made people love him and directors wanted him to star in their latest ultra-violent action movies? The Terminator.
So, go out to the nearest rental video store, get the Terminator and look at the guy in front of you who's trying to stop you from stealing the video and say, "I'll be back" and watch the movie of your life.

Terminator made me love scifi

I love the movie T2 Its the best movie ever in the world .

I love it so much i got 4 movie manic figures of t1000 t800 sarah connor and the endoskeleton

There aren't many sequels that are as good as the original, I would say 'Terminator 2', 'Aliens', and 'Back to the Future' are the only ones I would rate.

On the other hand 'Terminator 2' probably cost about twice as much as 'The Terminator' to make, so you would expect it to be better.

The Terminator - R2 DVD - Faulty?

I've just tried to play my "The Terminator" DVD (region 2) for the first time in way too long - and it seems to be faulty. :evil:

There appears to be almost a film of some patchy stuff on the surface of both discs. I'm guessing this must be a manufacturing fault, since I've "many" other DVDs on the shelves and none of the others have this (so it's not atmospheric or storage).

Has anyone else noticed this problem???

Sorry to hear about your faulty Terminator Discs, I own all of the Terminator series but have not found any problems. Most of my friends also have these discs, but to, have not found any patchy film on either of the discs as you descriped. If it's a manufacturing problem, you should send the discs back, for full refund or replacement. They are clearly not fit for there purpose and you should not have to suffer for it.

Re: The Terminator - R2 DVD - Faulty?

Hi,

I have just joined this forum having just tried to play my Special Edition 2 disc set of DVD's for the Terminator.

I searched for Faullty Terminator DVD and found this site with the first message describing Exactly my Fault.

I just placed the Disc1 in my DVD player expecting it to work but the player would not recognise the disc. I took it out and found the playing side to be "Frosted" and Sticky. I washed it to try to remove the sticky film and I got it to play but there were occaisions where the sound and vision were affected.

These are clearly deffective discs and I wondered if the problem was due to the cardboard and plastic case or if the Plastisiser was leaching out of the DVD itself. I have not had any other DVD show this problem but Both Discs were covered with this sticky film which has developed in storage since the discs were bought new and played the first time.

My feeling is that they should be replaced as they are clearly Faulty - but who would I send them back to and if I did would they just say they were only guaranteed for a year.

Help !