Predator (1987)

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Predator - Terminator meets Alien ;)

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0093773 -

SYNOPSIS:

A team of commandos, led by Dutch Schaeffer, go on a mission to rescue captured airmen from terrorists. When they discover that the airmen have been slaughtered beyond recognition, the team decimates the enemy encampment. Before they can radio for a lift-off, an invisable being begins to kill the team members. Hunted like animals by an enemy they cannot see, the team must survive in the jungle before they are all killed.
Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers and Kevin Peter Hall

As action films go, this is one of the best. You feel the Predator silently stalking the team through the jungle and decimating them one by one.

It will never win awards for dialog, but it's a rollercoaster ride.

It was kinda unrealistic, but I still liked it :) It's my little bro's favorite movie

i dont understand
y idd billy cut himself? on that log thing balancing? it confuses me i mean he couldve essacped right?

Billy was an indian and he cut himself to attract the predator to him so he could kill it and save his friends. The smell of blood is a powerful draw.

He didnt realise it was as powerful as it was guess he figured he could kill it, even though he wasnt quite sure what it was but he knew it wasnt human...make sense?

predator_large_01.jpg

ah

git ya

its been buggign me for years.........seriously years!lol

thaks for telling me dude!

No,no. That is not why Billy cut his chest. Billy cut his chest as a show of challenge to they Yautja (the Predator).

Yautja: Proper name for a Predator.

Predator was more sci-fi then it was action.
Also Yautja (Predators) cannot smell.

Not to sound too ignorant, but is Pred 1 already on DVD? And if so, what kinda of stuff are on it?(for instance, the old DVD for Stargate just plain sucked, but the extended version, or is it special edition? is out now, though I haven't got it yet, but plan to;) but it has a lot of new stuff on it; Directors commentary, deleted scenes etc)

Anyway, the first time I watched Pred 1, well, I think I was like in Grade 3 when I did, on T.V!! But I didn't catch the prologue, where you see the Predator's ship in the beginning. So the impression I got when watching Swartzinegger and his band of soldiers go into the jungle was, well, just another Rambo type movie, but with Arnold instead of Stallone.

But I was surprised to see the infrared vision of the Predator's hand. Then the Predator started to kill off the soldiers, and it just kept getting better, with all the suspense building to the climax. So, it was a unknown film, to me, and it caught me off guard, with the first impression I got at the beginning.

Has to be one of the movies of all times, Arnie plays the perfect role, haven't got a bad thing to say about the movie.