Highlander TV Series

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Starring Adrian Paul as Duncal McLeod, a younger immortal kinsman of Conner, who has avoided the "game" for a number of years, but being reunited with Conner brings him back into the fight...

A good series, IMO, I just hope we get to see the final 2 seasons in the UK some time soon :rolleyes:

I used to watch the series, but lost interest when they killed Tessa. I did order Season 1 and Season 2 from the Highlander store (along with a bunch of other stuff), but that's all I'm going to get.

I heard that they also killed off Richie also and I never was a fan of what's her name -- the one they spun off a series for. I never liked her all that much and could never see what Duncan saw in her.

Cheers,

Originally posted by MythingLink

I heard that they also killed off Richie also and I never was a fan of what's her name -- the one they spun off a series for. I never liked her all that much and could never see what Duncan saw in her.

[/B]

The one you mention is Amanda, the thief. The series was Highlander The Raven. Highlander was one of my
favorites series, my favorite character of course after Duncan was Methos. :) It was good seeing him in Stargate,
a shame it was only one episode. :(

Oh he shows up again, don't worry. ;) And thanks for reminding me of her name.

I don't know why I just didn't like Amanda from the very beginning when they first introduced her.

Now I did like Methos and I did like the concept of the Watchers but mostly because I like Joe.

The episodes I'll watch over, though, are those from the first and second season.

Cheers,

I've got a 'blooper' tape from the series. It really is comical watching it. There must have been days when it was a riot working on the set.

Cheers,

Originally posted by MythingLink
I've got a 'blooper' tape from the series. It really is comical watching it. There must have been days when it was a riot working on the set.

Cheers,

I imagine all the things that happen while they were filming. Specially the fight scenes :) With the different customes for the stories etc. It really have to be fun to be part of something like that. The character of Joe
is great. And the watchers too was cool. Love specially the double identity of Methos, when he passed as
a watcher when he was an inmortal also. Find it very amusing. Thanks for the tip, I see the episode and
I think we will see more of him. Hope they don't kill him too soon. :)

I was also very pleased to see "Methos" in stargate...I cant think of the actors name right now, but he is good, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again in S5 SG-1 :D

They did kill Ritchie at the same time as Tess, but he becomes an immortal.... I quite liked Tess, but when she was gone, it gave McLeod a different angle on life, he wasn't so tied down any more...

The blooper tape sounds great, mythinglink...where did u get that from??

Ah but Richie was immortal. That I think we expected from the very first episode when Connor says that he'll have to be watched. I meant I heard that Richie bit the big one ... lost his head to someone, somewhere along the way.

The blooper tape I got from the Highlander Store when I ordered the first season of tapes. I think you can get it separately and they do have a web site ... or at least they did. Let me see if I can pull it up. Hang on a sec.

http://www.highlander-official.com/

I didn't check through the catalog to see if they still have the blooper tape, but it could still be there. It used to just be a mail order catalog thing. I've bought quite a few things from them ... mostly the jewelry ... especially when it goes on sale. It's nice stuff ... not cheaply made either.

Cheers,

thanx for the link, I found the blooper tapes, there's tw oof them, I'll just have to check the details to see if they're compatible with my english VCR ;)

If Ritchie does get "the chop" it hasn't happened in the series that have aired in the UK, so I'll wait and see (although McLeod has come close do doing it once or twice...the "bad quickening" episode IIRC)

Originally posted by markpud
I was also very pleased to see "Methos" in stargate...I cant think of the actors name right now, but he is good, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again in S5 SG-1 :D

His name is Peter Wingfield, I hope they don't kill Tannick(I think that is his character name in SG1) too soon.
He's a great actor. I only have seen his work in Highlander but well, I think you can see he win me as a fan.
That's why I hope they give Tannick a place as one of the bad guys for a long time in SG1. :)

Thanks for the link, MythingLink. I will check it out. What type of jewelry they have? Do they have
styles from the different times they present in the series?

A lot of the jewelry is Celtic in design. I've got a bracelet I wear all the time in the pattern of Celtic knots. My husband wears a ring I got there that is a Celtic love symbol. I've also got several of the hair ties that Duncan always wore in the show to hold his hair when it was longer. They're really nice.

One of the freebies I got is the MacCleod pin that I keep on the lapel of my winter coat. It looks good against the black. Another one was a pen in the shape of Duncan's sword and a small replica of Duncan's sword on a piece of leather to wear as a necklace. I don't know how many people asked me if I don't stab myself with it at night when I'm sleeping. :)

Everything is very heavy and not cheaply made, hence the price on a lot of the stuff.

Cheers,

Besides Tess, the character that I really miss is Duncan's friend, the priest -- whose name I can't remember right now. It's always so sad when someone dies and the character has to be written out of the show. I think they did a good job though by introducing the Watchers at that time. It really made the episodes that much more poignant.:crying:

Cheers,

do any one has any................

information on the HUNK...CHARLIE DESALVO who own the "dojo" before Duncan got there?

he's cropped up in one or two things I've seen, cant think of any now though! Maybe the imdb will give a clue??

Thank you, but I already been there............... NO NEW INFORMATION! but Thank you....... :rolly2:

hidy!!

okay - been reading along --

Darius -- he had to die - why? b/c Werner Stocker, the man who played Darius, had a brain tumor and died. Darius could never come back to the show. If I remember correctly, Werner actually died b4 they finished filming the episode where Darius dies - so all the Darius scenes in that ep are from previous eps -- it was very sad to learn that such a talented actor was stricken w/ a disease and he kept if from everyone -- very sad ---

Richie --- ugh is all i can say --- but yes, he does die -- wanna know who kills him -- i can tell you ---- (i won't now in case someone doesn't want to know)

Amanda -- she's -- comic relief in a way -- most fans don't like her, though she has her uses ---

Tessa - she was okay in the beginning - and i didn't want her to die -- but Alexandra Vandernoot wanted to leave the show - so her character had to disappear too - and since Duncan proposed - kinda hard for them to just break up --

Methos - ahh --- Methos - one of the 4 Horsemen (this is where the TRUE double identity stuff comes in) if you haven't seen seasons 4 and 5 - boy are you missing out!! Season 5 has some of the BEST Methos episodes!!

season 6 -- well - that season just sucked - nothing really good happened - so if you haven't seen it -- don't sweat it - you're not missing anything worth seeing anyway -- there might have been 2 good eps the whole season - AND they ended the series really badly --- ugh --

Later!!
Highlander II

(that's just a brief intro to my highlander knowledge)