Highlander II

i was just pickin' --

man - i must have been in an odd mood last night ---

not to mention i couldn't remember ANYTHING i wanted to post!

argh!!!

s'okay...and that means you can post all the stuff today that you couldn't remember last night ;)

I haven't actually watched this one in a long time so I was wondering...in the renegade version the guys came from the past or something....so how did they explain those wierd guys that Connor was fighting?

Originally posted by Diamond9697
I haven't actually watched this one in a long time so I was wondering...in the renegade version the guys came from the past or something....so how did they explain those wierd guys that Connor was fighting?

yeah - they're from the past --- and they say that Kitana or Katana or however his freakin' name is spelled -- sends them from the past into the future -- so apparently immortals are a race of aliens that have the ability to travel through time

ahhh...so that's why we should all watch the other version..

well - watching the "Renegade Version" restores a little bit of faith in the PTB for the movie -- or, at least allows you to forget that they were complete and utter morons the 1st time around, but they corrected their mistake by releasing the Renegade Version (director's cut) -- that says they're from the past --

don't watch the original - unless you wanna see the stupid crap about them being from another planet (which makes NO sense)

if they'd stayed w/in the canon and just made the movie w/o trying to explain where immies came from, the movie would have been better ----

well that would have been too easy ;)

When I get a bit of cash together I think I'll import the RV from the states on DVD and see what I think...

markpud - so which version of HLII have you seen? the one where they're from a different planet? or the one where they're from the past??

i still kinda like the movie anyway - it's amusing in some respects (when you ignore the plot) -- and there's some action -- keeps the interest ---- but i've gotten to the point where i fast foward through the parts i don't wanna watch -- you end up seeing a 2hr movie in about an hour or so ----- hehe

actually that all depends H2....if you rewind it and watch the part were Connor walks out of the fire...it still takes about 2 hours...:D

actually that all depends H2....if you rewind it and watch the part were Connor walks out of the fire...it still takes about 2 hours...:D

well - if you watch that part over and over ---- i usually only watch it once when i throw the tape in -----

but - yes you have a point!! ;)

Originally posted by Highlander II
markpud - so which version of HLII have you seen? the one where they're from a different planet? or the one where they're from the past??

the different planet one, which is the only one we've ever had in the UK...

Originally posted by markpud

the different planet one, which is the only one we've ever had in the UK...

makes immies sound really bad, doesn't it??

planet Zeist, my ass ----

anyway -----

i still love Connor - and that's about the best part of the movie -

there are other things they changed for the 'Renegade Version' --

like -- in one of them they set up the shield in August (i think) and the other one they actually set it up in December -- thus the "December Shield Corporation"

there were some other weird things they changed - mostly small stuff ----

the Zeist thing is y i always hated the film..

planet Zeist, my ass :D :D

couldn't have but it better myself :D

August-December...do'h :rolleyes:

Originally posted by markpud
the Zeist thing is y i always hated the film..

planet Zeist, my ass :D :D

couldn't have but it better myself :D

August-December...do'h :rolleyes:

hehehehehe

i'll have to go watch them both again <sigh>

oh - the planet Zeist one - there's a Connor monologue at the beginning as he's racing around in his Porsche from 1986 (yeah, i ALWAYS drive around in my 40-yr-old car -- how did the thing even RUN?? it wasn't built for the 'non-emission gasoline' they currently use on Earth) -- anyway -- he's giving this monologue talking about all the stuff on the planet - in the RV - that monologue doesn't exist -- which is sad, b/c it's really good ---

the movie's just weird ----

speaking of planet Zeist ....

yep --

Just found this ---

Highlander II: The Quickening will air on SciFi TOMORROW! 22 Sept at 1900 EDT (that's 7PM Eastern) ----

so -- get set Dru -- it's coming on -- w/ commercials, but it's free!

can't believe they're airing this --- they never air this one ---

but -- there ya go -- more Highlander !!!!!!!!

:crying: :crying: I'm not gona be home!!!:crying: :crying: my church is have a rock athone were all a the teens stay up all night at the church and rock in rocking chers it starts at 7:00 pm tonight ands ends tomarow at 7:00 pm so I'm not gona be able to see the moive:( pitty me

VCR!

if ya have one -- set it to tape while you're gone!

of course, you also have to have tape ----

but - if you can't see it --- ummm -- it'll probably be on again -- scifi runs things repeatedly just like all the other networks ---