Highlander II

*snickers* Yeah...if they let us make some of these shows things would be just a little bit different I think.

yeah - but you know how much the 'suits' pay attention to the fans ---

how long did it take anyone to consider a "Methos"-based series? forever -- what did they do after Highlander ended? they did the Raven -- what a mistake that was - 1st - Amanda is NOT a strong enough character for her own series - and for an immie who's like 1000 yrs old - she's kinda dumb - esp common sense wise - she's been on the streets for 1000 yrs, shouldn't she have picked up some 'street smarts' after all this time??

don't get me wrong, in the Duncan MacLeod timeline, Amanda's a very important character and i kinda like her -- i also think she was very close friends w/ Methos, so i don't toss her away, but i still don't think her character could carry a story -- AND i was RIGHT - the show flopped -- DUH!!! *I* could have told them that b4 they even proposed the idea to the PTB --- METHOS would have made a much more interesting story -- and i think guys would watch him too -- he's just too interesting ---

i understand them wanting a strong female character -- but Amanda just wasn't her --- there were several other female immies that would have been better choices -- or they could have created a whole NEW immie ---

oh - and since Methos and Amanda were good friends -- at some point anyway -- and they at least knew each other (see eps Finale I & II, Methusela's Gift, etc, etc, etc....) -- why was METHOS never on Raven??? Joe was on there like once -- but as much contact w/ Duncan and Methos as Amanda had -- why were these 2 never on the show?? if they had been guest stars, even just 2 or 3 times, i probably would have tried to watch the show more -- but Amanda and her cop friend just weren't enough to get me to watch ----

okay -- the thread topic is Highlander II -- so -- more comments there --

why does everyone in this movie have a car that looks like it's a reject from the movie 'The Great Gadsby' (great movie btw) excpet Connor who is driving a Porsche???? i never understodd that ----

okay - wow - could that post have BEEN any longer??

mini-rant there --- sorry ---- oh well -- should get some discussion going ----

Okay first of all I think your 100% right on the Raven issue. I like Amanda, I even have her as a muse, but she shouldn't have gotten her own show. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Methos fan either. He had a lot more depth to his charater than she did, and I'm looking forward to the day when he gets his own series (hint to the powers that be)

As for the cars in Highlander 2, I always thought it was so Conner could have the best looking car in the movie ;-)

so Connor would have the best car -- that's pretty funny -- and probably true --

but - if you look at other movies that show the 'future' -- they frequently have old looking cars - it's weird -- like in the future - we won't be able to come up w/ great new car designs, so we'll have to go back to those 1920's roadster looking things like they drove in "The Thornbirds" --- sheesh ---- what is up w/ that??

don't get me wrong - i LOVE the Porsche - just didn't understand why all the other cars were old ---

*shrugs* My guess for this movie is simply that with the whole "world turned to crap" scenario...they just wouldn't spend the time or resources to design and build new cars if they could just use old ones.

Originally posted by Diamond9697
*shrugs* My guess for this movie is simply that with the whole "world turned to crap" scenario...they just wouldn't spend the time or resources to design and build new cars if they could just use old ones.

i suppose -- and it fits THIS movie --

but what about all the other 'future' movies that use old cars?? and it's not just the 'world turned to crap' movies either --- it's weird ----

i don't get it ---

*thinks for a minute then shrugs* I'm not sure. Maybe the special effects guys just like destroying old cars. I've noticed that in almost all the movies you see it in they are blowing them up or something.

i suppose that could be too -----

i still don't understand why they use really old cars --

but -- anyway ----

the idea about the cars is good Dia, and i think that a lot of times, it takes too much effort for them to come up with new ones. I like the idea that connor's got the best car. :) but my opinion on the movie is that it's okay when only watched by itself.... i can't watch it right after watching the first one though. too confusing for me, and yes, i do know that i'm confused by Swiss Cheese so this state is not new to me. HL2 as a movie is okay, but i really like the RV better than the other one, so i try and persuade people to buy that one if they're looking for one.

yeah, i accidentally bought the wrong version, so i'm stuck with the annoying one. the first time i saw it though it was the RV, so i got to see the good one first.

ALWAYS tell ppl to buy the Renegade Version -- esp if they are really into Highlander - the first movie --- the RV is still kinda anti-canon, but not nearly as bad as the original version -- which isn't the version the PTB wanted to put out anyway -- not that the RV is what they wanted either -- stupid ppl w/ money don't have any idea what goes into making a film ---- (neither do i, but i do know that if I was working on a film and the investors were trying to tell me what to do - i'd get kinda pissed - ya know?)

i can watch all 3 movies in sequence -- but i've never had a problem separating them -- i actually have 5 Highlander movies - Highlander; HL director's cut; HL2 - the Quickening; HL2 - RV; and HL3 - The Final Dimension.

there is another HL3 movie - subtitled: The Sorcerer - same movie, some diff stuff - kinda like the orig version - and Final Dimension is the dir cut ---

then there's Endgame -- the lot of garbage that it was -- and i'll probably have that one too -- just to keep my collection complete --

anyway -- HL2 -- i still don't like the explanation of where immies come from -- but the movie had a pretty good storyline -- and that scene where connor comes walking out of the flames -- is just priceless!! my fave scene!!!!

The movie as a whole I didn't like (Zeist?? give me a break)

However, Connor's walking out of flames scene, the part when Ramirez shows up and gets a new suit of clothes, the part when Ramirez and Connor meet again, and the part at the end when Ramirez dies-ish I liked. *grins* anybody else think I liked Ramirez?

Anyway, you get the idea.

~ana

Originally posted by Analise
The movie as a whole I didn't like (Zeist?? give me a break)

However, Connor's walking out of flames scene, the part when Ramirez shows up and gets a new suit of clothes, the part when Ramirez and Connor meet again, and the part at the end when Ramirez dies-ish I liked. *grins* anybody else think I liked Ramirez?

Anyway, you get the idea.

~ana

ana - i have a question for you -- do you like Ramirez???? ;)

i think there should be more Connor, more Methos, and less Duncan ----- but - that's just me --

anyway -- Zeist? that was garbage - that was really stupid - that was -- the investors threatening to pull the plug if Widen and friends didn't finish the movie ----

did you know that Chris did a lot of his own stunts for this flick??
got a pretty nasty gash for his trouble too ----
but, he's a trouper -- and he made it through!!

Originally posted by Highlander II
there is another HL3 movie - subtitled: The Sorcerer - same movie, some diff stuff - kinda like the orig version - and Final Dimension is the dir cut ---

this is the only version that has been released in the Uk as far as I can tell, the sorcerer version. So HIII-DF and HII-RV dont seem to be around in the UK, which sucks basically...

Originally posted by Diamond9697
awwww.....no season 6 either...bet you can't wait for the DVD's

he can't -- he demanded all the info i had about when they would be released ---

but that's okay - he's not the only person who's been asking for that info ---

but -- in case anyone wants to know --

DVD - tentative release is (I think) Jan of 2002 ---

that's the best i can do, b/c that's all i know ---

just hold out, markpud! they'll be out soon enough and you can watch them all over and over again!!!!

yep --

not to depress you or anything -- but i was poking around the official site earlier -- and it says mid-2002 -- so maybe not January -- but like June --- oh well - -they're still coming!