Highlander

yes - they are different -- and they both had their dragon-head katanas in Endgame (which, yes, sucked - see thread re: this subject) ---

basically --- the reason Connor has a diff sword in "The Gathering" is b/c DPP always have to screw something up -- it's one of those "YAHI's" --- (Yet Another Highlander Inconsistency)

markpud -- ranting against the PTB? we NEVER do that! :naughty:

I never really noticed that Connor had a different sword in "The Gathering"...guess I wasn't paying attention to the sword

honestly - i don't think i noticed the 1st time i watched the ep -- but i can't remember ---

but since i worked in a store that sold knives and swords - i pick up on that stuff all the time --- i can identify most of the knives ppl use just looking at them --- couldn't do that b4 -- it's kinda cool -- esp when you see a knife someone has and can just say 'oh man, that is a piece of crap knife, if you even tried to stab someone with it they would laugh at you.'

hehe --

um -- probably b/c you've done the same thing?

ever see someone w/ a butterfly knife on tv?? (the ones that the gang/thug types use - they wave them around and try to look cool) -- well - that waving around and looking cool thing is about all they're good for --- butterfly knives would be total crap in a fight --- get a Benchmade or a Spyderco -- heck, even something by Columbia River would be better!

any other knife info you want??? ask me in the swords thread --

hmmmmm ---- what's your fave line from the Highlander movie?

"You have the manners of a goat. And you smell like a dung-heap! And you have no knowledge whatsoever of your potential!"

courtesy of Ramirez
:rolly2:

mine? the haggis sequence --

"...I'm a man, not a fish, you stupid haggis."
"Haggis? what is haggis?"
"Sheep's stomach filled w/ meat and barley."
"What do you do w/ it?"
"You eat it!"
"How revolting!"

MacLeod and Ramirez -- while on the boat in the lake

yeah -- Dru -- you gotta see the Highlander movie ------

gotta learn all the little Connor MacLeod nuances and such - he is *SO* the man!!!!!

okay --

are there any major 'goofs' in the original Highlander movie?

ie: is there anything blatently 'out of place'??

or - is there anything you would change about the movie??

I thought the original Highlander movie was great I loved everything

A big thing that bothered me is that the blonde bimbo connor was with screamed helplessly entirely too much.

Bleck.

And tho Kurgan's sword was really really cool..there's no way it would have stood up in a fight.

very true about the sword -

ditto on Brenda's squealing --

Dru - have you seen the director's cut or the other one? (the American release) -- there's stuff in the DC that's not in the other one --- important stuff ---

i don't understand why Brenda was yelling so much - except, i think if i was tied to a sign about to fall down, i might scream too.

however - i was disappointed to find out that the opening sequnce was changed *to* a Wrestling Match - (in my opinion, the original idea was better - and i would have changed it to this) -- originally - it was supposed to be the NY Rangers and the Edmonton Oilers playing hockey - w/ the Rangers getting their butts kicked -- would have been a MUCH better opening sequence - the wrestling thing was stupid - wrestling is stupid - hockey is better - AND it probably would have made more sense to the rest of the planet --

reasons why it was changed to wrestling? probably b/c they either couldn't find any stock footage at all, or they couldn't find any of the Rangers losing to the Oilers (tho, i DOUBT this is possible - i'm positive the Oilers beat the Rangers on more than one occassion) -- or, something just didn't work out for filming the hockey game --- but, i really think it's probably something really lame like Bill Panzer doesn't like hockey, he's a wrestling fan, so he wanted the wrestling instead ---

I agree about the wrestling thing...although I'm not really into hockey *ducks in case H2 decides to throw something at her* I can see that being much better...

I have a question...how old was the Kurgan? I always wondered but I don't remember if they mentioned it anywhere...

OK,
I think Highlander wise-speaking, The original movie is God. the only inconsistencies are sword-wise-speaking. For instence, it really dosn't matter, but it really bugged me! SWORDS DON'T CLANG LIKE THAT!!!!!!!
BTW
favorite line
"Heeeeey... it's a kind of magic!"
"(speaks german rappidly)"
"hehe. whatever you say jack. You're the master race. (shoot's Nazi)"
HEHEHEHEHEEEEEEE!!!!

the Kurgan? I'm not sure exactly how old he is, but i wanna say somewhere around 1500 - 2000?? dunno for sure - lemme see if i can dig up the immie list someone made and see if it has an age there -- it might be in the script, or it might have been in one of the Highlander books (not the one based on the movie - i've read that one, it's not in there)

about the swords clanging - uh - no, they don't -- and yes, that's annoying! but they've always been that way in the movies, and you know how much ppl just LOVE to be told that everything they thought they knew just isn't so <insert heavy sarcasm here>

and that scene where he shoots the Nazi (great scene btw!) is not in the version released in the US - in the US it was released as the Director's Cut -- so, to anyone who is thinking 'huh? that wasn't in the movie' - yeah, it was - it was supposed to be there - but it was but b4 the movie was released in the states - why? b/c the PTB for that kind of thing are retarded -- they probably thought the Americans couldn't handle it - or it was cut for time -- argh -- it's a very important scene -- it explains some things that are present elsewhere in the movie ----