Highlander

one of my favorite parts of the first movie is right after the sword fight in the parking garage....when the cops catch him as he's leaving....he looked soooo good at that point...I play that scene over and over whenever I watch it on DVD. and I know...he always looks good...but there was just something about when he was confronting the cops at this point that makes me melt every time

Dru - i totally know the $0 syndrome - i rent stuff anyway - b/c i'm BAD!!

Dia - ooooooohhhh -- good part!! i'm still loving that suit tho! tho, i am a huge fan of the jeans and trenchcoat!! there's just a lot of character there!!

thats the good thing about the 1st move.. they explained about the swords...in the series Dunc would run about all day and then produce his sword from no-where for a fight.. :rolleyes:

yeah - did Connor carry his sword in his coat? (would assume so since he had the coat on at MSG when he went to fight Fazil -- yes, i missed the very beginning when it came on the other night)

i remember an ep where Amanda just pulls her sword out of no where - she's not wearing enough clothing for it to have been hidden -- so it must have been.... up her......... well, you know --

anyway --- swords - Duncan used to wear that short jacket and somehow get his sword completely concealed in there -- okay - sure --- whatever!!!

Originally posted by Highlander II
i remember an ep where Amanda just pulls her sword out of no where - she's not wearing enough clothing for it to have been hidden -- so it must have been.... up her......... well, you know --

stop it, people look at me funny when i LOL you know!!

Originally posted by markpud

stop it, people look at me funny when i LOL you know!!

ya know what -- i don't even WANT to know what you meant by that ! :evil:

okay - so --- time to shift to a new topic under the same subject --

swords --- who had the coolest sword? Connor, Ramirez, or Kurgan? (and Connor's would be the claymore)

I thought the Kurgan's sword was really cool it was HUGE and I kinda liked the way it was assembley required

yep --

however, in a practical sense -- a sword one has to assemble wouldn't do much good -- b/c the fittings would loosen and the sword would fall apart --- so, in a comedy, it would be great!

but, his sword was awesome!! and it had to be huge -- Clancey's like almost 7 feet tall!

big bad immie = big bad sword!!

you know whats funny? I was sitting there watching him put the sword together and I'm thinking I thought swords were one thing I didn't know you had to put them together? I know I stupid but thats what I thought wile I was watching

actually -- they ARE all one piece -- ordinarily there wouldn't be a sword that comes apart -- it just looked cool for the movie --

okay - i lied -- swords DO come apart, but not in the middle of the blade --- usually you can separate the blade from the hilt and the other pieces of the handle (which i can't remember what it's called at the moment - bad sword knowledge person) -- anyway -- they only come apart so they can be cleaned --- generally if you're gonna ship a sword, you put it into a special box or tube and insure it and give it a proper shipping label ---- easier to get through customs that way! ;)

Oh cool good to know since someday after I'm 18 I'm gona have a sword

i'd like to have a katana (i think its called) like Duncans. Looks cool and not too big to be unwieldy...
But I agree Kurgan's sword is a tasty piece of kit...

katana -- yes - Duncan's is nice -- but Connor's from the original movie is better!

i kinda like Connor's that he used in the 1st ep of the series -- it's a black and silver braided tai-chi (per a site i saw that listed all the swords and such from the series - if i find it again, i'll post it!)

for more sword info -- see the new thread i started ---

Originally posted by markpud
seen it :cool:
did we know why Connor had a different sword in that eppy??

dunno -- unless it's supposed to be b/c he gave his dragon head katana to Duncan ----

still haven't figured that one out yet ----

Highlander is a deep and complex thing it could take a life time to under stand it fully

well - not really b/c see - DPP is gonna screw it all up anyway -- so, it doesn't really matter WHY anything was done b/c DPP doesn't pay any attn to the pre-established backstory anyway!

dunno -- unless it's supposed to be b/c he gave his dragon head katana to Duncan ---- still haven't figured that one out yet ----

he didn't. their two different swords. they both have the katanas in endgame. btw, engame sucked. for one connor would never act like that and for two, when did that happen!!!??? INCONSISTENCSEY!!!!