Highlander

yup we got the "directors cut" in the UK from day one.. the bit with the Nazi was cool, and also sets up Connors relationship with Rachel.

yep -- that bit in Germany is important - -why it was cut, i'll never know -- and ya know what?? that whole 'cut for time' thing - it's crap -- when they did the 'cuts' -- it only took out about 5 minutes from the whole film -- the film was 5 minutes too long? uhhhhh - sure ----

k, this is gonna' sound real wierd, but anyone up for some e-mail based highlander role-playing? it could be done in a kinda' group based thing. like a group o' iummies banding together for better quckinings and junk? if anyone's interested, drop me a line.
Enderxenocide26@hotmail.com

currently - w/ all the fic challenges i'm responding to, and the other 'fanfic' style RPG i'm working on -- i don't have the time --

tho i would LOVE to do it -- just not having much time at the moment -- maybe after next Saturday ---

however -- ya know what i've seen work well (did this w/ another mailing list) -- a chat-based RPG -- a group of ppl arrange to be online at the same time -- works really well w/ AIM chats, but i'm sure we could find a chat room ---

only problem w/ a semi-real time RPG -- it's hard to organize and no one dies ---

however -- if you get something organized - let me know -

Originally posted by The Phantom Pen
k, this is gonna' sound real wierd, but anyone up for some e-mail based highlander role-playing? it could be done in a kinda' group based thing. like a group o' iummies banding together for better quckinings and junk? if anyone's interested, drop me a line.
Enderxenocide26@hotmail.com

call me stupid but I have no idea what you mean

okay -- more on the 1st movie --

Dru - have you seen this yet??

any other comments???? :)

cool!

now -- post!!

tell us all about it -

let us know what you thought -- everything!!!

Hmmm well....the Connor being able to breathe under water was kinda weird...but cool. And the whole insulting each other thing in the boat was funny.

now what I wanna know is can they breath underwater or does he just die and keep coming back until he manages to get out of that lake?

well - i think as far as 'movie canon' goes - he can breathe under water - he was laughing and such (hard to do underwater if you can't breathe) - so, my guess is - yeah - he can -

however - 'series canon' - still up in the air there - b/c Duncan jumped in and dove to 18 feet w/o breathing aparatus - so, you're guess is as good as mine --

I watched this for the first time the other day, and i thought it was very cool. I especially liked the fight scenes in Scotland.

But the ending really confused me. So Connor won 'The Prize', which means he can read everyone's thoughts, and he can grow old and have kids.
But what happened to 'The Quickening'? I thought that meant all the Immortals would have a big fight, and the only one left would win the Prize. Would someone explain it to me please? :confused:

by 'The Quickening' - do you mean movie #2 or the big light-show after one immortal kills the other?

See - the HL universe, like so many others, has some continuity 'issues' (we, in the fandom, refer to them as YAHIs - "Yet Another Highlander Inconsistency") --

The movie was intended as a one-shot - just the one movie and it's all done -- but, someone, somewhere (probably Bill Panzer) decided that a 2nd movie would be a good idea - so, we got the 2nd movie - which makes little sense from the premise of the 1st one - (so, most ppl, the PTB at HL included, ignore it as something that never happened or 'a big dream sequence') - and the 3rd one was written / filmed / etc... still doesn't follow b/c Connor was supposed to be the last one -

The explanation given for why Kane or whatever his name was - in the 3rd movie - could show up was that Connor didn't *really* win the Prize at the end of the 1st one - he just got one heck of a quickening and 'absorbed the power' of the Kurgan - but there was this one guy left in China or something ---

Now, if you try to attach the movie and the series together, it's kind of like trying to make the BtVS movie fit with the BtVS series - they don't - the only 'similarity' is the premise and the fact that Connor shows up in the first ep and gets mentioned a bunch of times by Duncan later -- (also, toss in that 'Connor got a really kick-butt quickening at the end of the first movie' explanation) -- they're not *really* meant to go together in a continuous line - but the PTB and fanfic writers have tried ---

Does this answer your question at all? Or are you still lost? ;) I'll help more if you need.... :D

Well i haven't seen any of the other films or the series', so not much of what you just said made any sense. :p

But i just realised that i put 'The Quickening', when i think i meant 'The Gathering' - the reason why all of the Immortals who were left went to Connor's city. If Connor is the last one, what happened to the others, like the guy he was talking to on the bridge?

Ah - okay - now I follow -

The guy Connor was talking to on the bridge - that's Kastagir and The Kurgan (the big guy w/ the safety pins in his neck) killed him in the alley a little later in the movie.

The Gathering - well, according to the movie - Kastagir, Kurgan and Connor were the last few immortals left, so once Kurgan whacked Kastagir, then it was just Kurgan and Connor - so those two had to face-off - b/c what's an action flick w/o some kick-ass violence, eh? :) - and Connor wins... so he's the last one.

All the 'other' immortals that were supposedly around - guess they all got dead before the end of the movie - b/c Connor also killed that one under the Garden and I think the Kurgan got one guy down in NJ around the same time. My guess - the last few who were left were running around picking fights with every immortal they could find until it was just Kurgan and Connor left - b/c they were the strongest of those left when the movie started, so they'd be the ones left at the end...

The real answer - the writers and producers don't really say where all the 'others' are... we're just supposed to assume they're all dead before the big fight at the end of the movie... :D

That help more?

(pssst - subtle hint - watch the series! Methos is awesome!! :))

Oooh, ok, makes more sense now. :p I didn't really understand all the little fights at the time, i figured they were more flash-backs or something.

I didn't even know there was a series, so i'm guessing they don't repeat it very often. But i'm looking into renting the other films. ;)

I think Spike TV in the US is running the series at like 5 in the afternoon or something -- I have most of the eps on tape in some form --

I know the DVDs are out for S1-3 - DO NOT buy them from the HL store online - go to Best Buy or someplace like that - they're cheaper...

And yes - rent the other movies --

HOWEVER - when you rent the 2nd one - get the Director's Cut - it's titled as "Renegade Version" or something --- it's the better of the 2 versions of the 2nd movie -- or, you could just watch both versions and try to find the differences -- ;)

You could reasonably skip watching "Endgame" and never miss anything -- in fact, you'll probably want the 2 hours you spent watching back after you're done...

You could reasonably skip watching "Endgame" and never miss anything -- in fact, you'll probably want the 2 hours you spent watching back after you're done...
:lol: I'll keep that in mind! :D

Take a poll -- really - it's that bad -- that much of a violation of Highlander canon --

It's like they just grabbed some random guy off the street and told him to make something up and gave him character sketches - and not very good ones at that... (just hit the Endgame section - you'll see ;) )