5th & 6th Alien Films?

hey

;ast i heard the director has put the alien 5 movie on hold whilst he makes some other movie :)

Dark Horizons Interview by Paul Fischer in New York.

Question: Is Ripley ever going to rear her ugly head? Does that come out in your interviews.

Sigorney Weaver: I have people coming up to me on the street talking to me about when is the next one, I’ve actually spoken to Ridley Scott a number of times. He would like to do five and I have to say that because it six months away from home, I have very mixed feelings about it. I don’t know. Maybe that will change.

Question: So you’re not ruling it out?

Sigorney Weaver: You know if I can physically perform her task, or have a very good stuntwoman, I love what happened to Ripley. I love playing an alien.

I think that earlier report about a bored guy, sitting in his room, endlessly churning out these recycled rumours is probably correct, but I thought that I'd post this anyway:

from SciFi Wire
Cameron Mulls More Aliens?

James Cameron, who directed Aliens, held out the possibility of helming another installment of the popular SF franchise in an interview with the Canadian Edmonton Sun newspaper. Cameron told the paper that it would have to be truly scary and likely an R-rated film.

The 1979 original Alien, directed by Ridley Scott, "holds a special classic niche as one of the great terrifying experiences," Cameron said. "And the trick [to making a new Alien film] is you don't go crazy and make a $150-million movie, because you don't want to have to compromise. You don't want to try to do a PG-13 Alien that is all things to everyone."

Cameron added, "It's got to still maintain its roots in this kind of cinematic id. Ridley did it really beautifully. He just kind of put you into this Freudian nightmare space."

I see he's back to "the possibility of helming another installment" now. Last year it was "greenlighted" and "prepped to go"!

Still a faint glimmer of hope for Alien 5 though... Reading back I hope they can do the prequel idea, exploring where the aliens came from...

God I just wish they'd make an alien film withOUT Ripley. She has ruined the series IMO. The comics survived for years just fine without her.

Sigorney Weaver: You know if I can physically perform her task, or have a very good stuntwoman, I love what happened to Ripley. I love playing an alien.

There is no god! Please someone stop her!

If James Cameron is to be believed, if there is a fifth Alien film, and if he is involved (something he is very interested in), then the film would likely be a bit of a 'reboot', and Weaver wouldn't be involved.
He states that some of the themes she was interested in exploring during Aliens, and that he disregarded, eventually showed up in the third and fourth movies (Ripley dying/having sex with the alien), and those aspects were part of the reason the franchise faltered.

And he is very interested in getting involved in the Franchise again. He has gone on record as saying that an Alien vs Predator movie would kill the franchise altogether, and that occasionally he and Ridley Scott have discussed making a fifth movie together!

Anyhoo, I got this info from my Empire Magazine's interview with Cameron about his body of work - it's a very interesting read, and might be available at www.empireonline.co.uk

I have Alien on DVD and in the Directors commentary Ridley Scott says that he always wanted to do a sequel, but he would do a prequel. He wants to explore the planet that the Aliens come from.

Anyway, I thought that I'd post this anyway though I'm sure that it's garbage -- no director, no plot, no cast, just Sigourney Weaver -- why couldn't she have died in the first film and Jones the Cat become the hero instead?

from SCIFI WIRE

More Aliens On The Way

The Zap2it Web site reported preliminary details of the fifth and sixth films in the popular Aliens franchise, which will feature Sigourney Weaver's character, Ripley, defending the Earth from colonization by the evil aliens. According to the site, Weaver has said that she would be interested in reprising her role for the sequels.

The site revealed that the fifth film will find the Earth "under attack from alien warrior drop ships," while the sixth will force Ripley to "turn to the dark side in order to save civilization." No directors or cast have been attached to the as-yet-untitled sequels.

James Cameron is right about stopping the Alien vs Predator idea. That would be the end of Alien.

I love Alien so much, but I'd rather not have another film than to have Sig Weaver EVER appear in another one. I am completely disgusted with her charactor and her. Honestly just end it now. Let it die in peace. Ripley finally won, the Alien is dead.

Please don't do it.....

The way this continues to bubble over means that it is going to happen sometime. This franchise is worth too much money not to continue it. But I really hope they get the next one right and don't completely mess it up.

SciFi Wire
Cameron Eyes Alien 5

Aliens director James Cameron told BBCi that he's open to doing a fifth movie in the SF franchise—maybe even with a surprise crossover from his other famous franchise, the Terminator series. "To an extent, yes," Cameron told the news site. "We're looking at doing another one."

Cameron added that he envisions "something similiar to what we did with Aliens: a bunch of great characters and, of course, [star] Sigourney [Weaver]. I've even discussed the possibility of putting [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie."

Please, please dump Sigourney Weaver, and don't let any 'Predator' or 'Predator'-hunter anywhere near it!

I'd much rather see Ridley Scott's prequel idea of the Alien's home planet. It could even uncover some larger conspiracy by the Weyland-Yutani Company right from the very beginning. Maybe they seeded the planet from which the alien wreck came in the first place, to cause genocide of the indigenous population, so they could then annex the mineral rights. Something along those lines... make a new level and dimension to the story. Not just, Alien versus Ripley, Alien versus Terminator, Alien versus Predator.

I would like very much to see Ridley Scott's version of the origins of the Alien. After all, we've had one possible explanation offered in the Alien vs. Predator movie.

The idea is a good one if it were a prequel and well plotted. Many people out there are definitely curious about the creature. It's one of the most terrifyingly memorable monsters to hit the screens for an age. But yes, no Ripley please. That would just make everything a farce. It'd be too ridiculous for words.

damn those marketing strategies !!!!!

You resurected a 3 year old thread to say that?!? :D Oh well, it's open again so I may as well say that the next film will be Alien vs Predator 2. What would be really cool would be Alien vs Predator vs Schwarzenneger. Lots of shooting... Yeeerr!

You resurected a 3 year old thread to say that?!? :D Oh well, it's open again so I may as well say that the next film will be Alien vs Predator 2. What would be really cool would be Alien vs Predator vs Schwarzenneger. Lots of shooting... Yeeerr!
hey man this is a free country !!! :)
But i'd like to see Alien Vs. Inspector Gadget for that matter