Favourite Discworld characters?

Nobby Nobs hands down! XD

I smile everytime he is mentioned and almost died of laughter when i saw him dressed as 'betty' in the art of discworld! :)

Also Vetinari and Vimes. For obvious reasons and some subtle ones.

Dibbler. nuff sed.

Death and Greebo! They should try working together! :D

Last edited:
I think the grim squeaker will find his own clientele, 'cos I don't think Greebo would pay attention if there any difference between a common squeaker and the grim one :D

You mean we've actually got to chose! They're all good.
I'll try to make a shor list.

Susan, Death, Magrat, Lu-Tze (rather obvious consitering i'm the Sweeper), Vimes, Vetinary, Rincewind, The Librarian, Gasbode, Death of Rats, oh and I almost forgot Albert. I think I'll stop there, but I haven't thought of everyone. I like the witches quite a lot, but not as much as some on this list.

Can't say really. Rincewind has a special place because he's the first one I read about. Than there are Ridcully, Vimes, Vetinari, Death, Nobby, Granny, Cohen...don't know. :)

I really like the werewolf Coporal Aguina (Please excuse the spelling) there is a subtle bit in the new book that had me fall of my seat laughing.

I like the Partican, always so far ahead of everyone else! The Librarian is one of my favourites as my brother was a librarian some time ago. Ah the slaggings he used to get, I also love the way he can say anything with an oook!

Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax, for the wizards staff has a nob on the end and Eadolgy*.

Death is an old favorite and Nobby, well what can one say!

Cut me own throat Dibbler I love too.

* Headology defiened as being like Fereuidism, but instead of telling you there isnt a monster under your bed, it gives you a ladder a big stick and tells you to "go twat dat dere bugger!"

I think vimes is great,followed by carrot,angua,detritus,and the rest of the watch,i love the city watch books,they crack me up.

favorite has got to be sam vimes - one of my favorite characters from any book
2nd favorite would be granny weatherwax especially in lords and ladies

Noooo, don't make me choose just one!!

Ok, in no particular order my top 5

Sam Vimes
Nanny Ogg ( me in a few years I should think hehe)
Vetinari
Lu-Tze
Gaspode

Well, today that's my top five ( But Vimes and Nanny will always be in there somewhere)