Alien Nation (1988)

I dont remember this film in great detail, but the series is quite good, I still like to watch it on Sci-Fi in the UK.

The sequel films are TV movies based on the series, IIRC

It has my kind of humour in it.
The sour milk thing is very funny.

But it is also a very realistic portrayal of what WOULD happen if Aliens really did come to Earth.

true, like the racism that exists between humans would unfortunately be transferred to aliens...

you have to think, that if humans can't see all other humans as equal, then there would definitely be some racism, I think.

i agree with you there fahrbot, it's a really sad fact, we can't even treat each other as equal's, what hope does any aliens have...peachy

I also like the names the Aliens were given.
You could really imagine the immigration officials running out of ideas and using 'San Francisco', 'Adolf Hitler' etc.

I also like "George" San Fransisco's family, even though they are Aliens, they are so American. It's a bit like 'Third Rock from the Sun' in that respect.

It's been a while since I've seen this film, but from what I remember I liked it...:cool:

TaTa
07.gif

This was on this morning at 4am so I got sort of stayed up to watch it. :D Great film!

TaTa

The film was excellent. I remember James Caan and Terrence Stamp put the makeup on to play the successful alien who was really the baddie. I think it was the first time that I noticed body prints/markings being used as alien characteristics. We have seen lots of that since in DS9 and B5.

I didn't catch why the Tenctonese burn up in the Sea. Their bodies react with salt water somehow. Can anyone remember why? I just remember that threatening them with a trip to the beach was used a few times by criminal 'heavies', and once someone was murdered in his own swimming pool with a bag of NaCl.