S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Well, I recommend it. Is really cool! And to all Anne Rice fans of the Vampires Chronicles is a good one. Specially to the fans of Lestat. Because our sleeping beauty give us a surprise in this book. I will not say what so you go and read it. I love it because I love the character of Lestat. Also it have great developments with Louise and David. And of course introduce to us the great character of Merrick. Is an excellent book and a great addition to the Vampires Chronicles. Looking forward to the next Vampire book.

i love anne rice books, lestat is my fav too, when was merrick released,? can't wait to get hold of a copy...peachy

Hi Peachy!

Merrick is the new book of Anne Rice that mix her stories of the witches with the stories of the
vampires. I think you should find it already in places like amazon.com. And I think it have to be
in libraries already too.
I get my copy because I'm a member in the Science Fiction Book Club. I don't know the exact
time it was released sorry, but it wasn't so long. I'm sure you would like it, is good to know
another Lestat fan.

hi krystal, i found out that merrick is due out in paperback around april, so not long to wait, what other anne rice books have you read? i just love them all...peachy

I have read all the Vampires Chronicles and of hers witches series I only have read Lasher.
Although I'm looking forward to read the rest of the witches series. :)

loved the book about lasher, did you read the one about memnoch the devil, it was great..peachy

Originally posted by peachy
loved the book about lasher, did you read the one about memnoch the devil, it was great..peachy

yeah! that was one of my favorites specially because is my memory don't fail me
I think that is the last with Lestat as narrator or central character. I just love
his character. :) And what you think of The Tale of the Body Thief, my sister in law
tell me she have read some people don't enjoy it much. But I like it a lot, and
find very amusing all the plot.

the body thief

i just loved that one, some of it was quiet funny, lestat having to use the bathroom etc, that's the one where his friend david was made into a vampire isn't it?
did you like the servant of the bones?...peachy

Re: the body thief

Yes, that was the one when David is made vampire. David gets the body of the thief at the end.
Moments like the one you mention are the ones that make the novel so fun.
What is servant of the bones about? Some of the novels I buy and others my sister in law lend
to me, so usually I remember more the ones I have. Right now I don't remember that.

"Azriels astonishing story takes us back to his mortal youth in the magnificence of ancient babylon. there he is
plucked from death by evil priests and sorceresses and transformed into a genie commanded to do there bidding. but Azriel challenges these forces of destruction, and embarks on his journey through time. as his quest approaches it's climatic horror, Azriel at last dares to use his supernatural powers in the hope of forestalling a world-threatening conspiracy, and finally redeeming what was denied him so long: his own eternal soul.
that was just a short description about it on the back of the book, it was a really good book.
have you read pandora, vittorio, and armand? they were great books as well...peachy

I don't think I have read that book, so one more for the list :) . Yes I read Pandora, Vittorio and Armand.
I enjoy the three, specially love the story of Armand because is another character I like and was looking
forward to more background on the character. And that book is the answer. It was cool to see the
stories of other characters.

What do you think of the movie Interview With The Vampire?
I think was cool although it doesn't present all the atmosphere
of the novels. But it was a pretty Hollywood try. :) After you
read Merrick let me know what you think of it. ;)

i never think films does the books any justice, but interview with a vampire was actually ok, liked brad pitt as louis, can't wait to read merrick, sounds great...peachy

Originally posted by peachy
liked brad pitt as louis, can't wait to read merrick, sounds great...peachy

Yeah, Brad Pitt as Louis was great. Also enjoy Antonio Banderas as Armand,
although the portray of Armand in the books is nothing like Antonio Banderas :) .
Anyway he do an excellent job. Also enjoy Tom Cruise as Lestat, I think he
portrays the character very well. I'm sure you would love Merrick. I finish it
very fast, too fast :(

i know what you mean, i can't wait to finish a good book, reading it as quick as i can. then when i get near the end, i'm sorry i read it so quick cause i don't want it to end (haha)...peachy

True, now I'm waiting for a new book I order, because right now I don't have
anything new to read. :(

did you read the one about memnoch the devil

I am on that one now, about halfway through it.

Next one is Merrick

I can't wait

Stryker

Well, Stryker enjoy. It gets better and better. :lol:

Krystal :p

Got lost on MTD...but I loved merrick

Thoughly enjoyed it.....when I am reading AR novels nobody can get my attention..

Stryker