changes in teal'c

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
first of all i'll start by saying this has spoilers up to and including exodus so turn back now...

ok...people have started talking about this on one of the lists and i think it's a good topic.

in double jeopardy teal'c finally got to get his revenge against cronos...something he's wanted since he was a kid...in one eps he said he decided to become first prime of apophis because apophis was cronos' enemy and maybe at apophis' side he could trash cronos...now that mr long locks is toast...teal'c has set his sites on tanith...and in exodus we see just how cold and ...well brutal he can be.

crushing tanith has become an obsession to him...an obsession that he worked to fulfill putting not only jack's life in mortal danger but also the rest of his team and the tok'ra plans.

searching for tanith on the planet teal'c pursued him with a one track mind...after they crashed he was 100000% confident sam & daniel would rescue them, even if it put thier lives in danger.

he totally ignored thier mission and the bigger goals to get tanith...

my question is...has teal'c become so blinded by revenge that he's more of a hinderance than a help?

in upgrades when it looked like sg-1 might not be put into the field anymore he told jack he'd go off on his own...in cross roads he was ready, willing and able to leave them to go off with sho'nac(yeah we all know how she convinced him...and what he was thinking with)

and, maybe this is just me, but the look on his face in first ones as he was cutting sam loose gave me the creeps. he almost seemed to enjoy rothman's death

people have also noted his apparant lack of concern over sam in entity and his coldness in recent eps.

several months ago someone on one of the forums suggested what if teal'c was a mole for apophis...that his loyalty to the tau'ri was merely to undermine them thus aiding apophis...this might be a stretch but...you have to wonder. what if his support of sam & her tok'ra memories was merely a ruse to enable the tau'ri to make contact with them, thus making them vulnerable...

now all of this is circumstantial but one thing is for certain...the way he acted in exodus not only put his, jack's and the rest's lives in danger...he put thier whole plan in danger. he is very much a loose canon right now.
once they kill tanith and maybe apophis...what are the chances they'll run across someone he's ticked off at and he'll go off on his little revenge?

he says as much in exodus 'i will not be as restrained in the future'

by saying that he pretty much says he's putting his concerns and desires first...just what does this say about t-man? how much can we still trust him? is he a friend or an enemy in disguise?

whatta you think?

i think teal'c is as "human" as everyone else.. there are things that someone may feel so strongly about that all else is unimportant...

and hasn't danny done some really stupid things that has put everyone else in danger?..
remember Need?... he has a penchant for getting into trouble, and thereby putting the rest of the team at risk..

Sam's attitude in Emancipation?...things mighta been a bit simpler if she'd just accepted that sometimes "its a guys world"... (not that i woulda done any different, mind you!)..

maybe the writers feel taht teal'c has been withthe team long enough to be allowed to have some feelings... and in the end, he is still a jaffa, and their personal code of honour may supercede all other vows...

There is a saying "my enemy's enemy is my friend" or something along those lines. Teal'c has his own agenda certainly, but he gave a lot up to become a Shol'va and join the SGC. He did that mostly out of respect for Jack. Nothing has changed really. He had restrained himself over Tanith for longer than anyone could bare and gave in to his feelings in a moment of weakness.

I also wonder about Tealc's behaviors lately, as much as I LOVED Tealc, is it possible that he is a MOLE?

theoretically anything is possible...true danny has made mistakes, ala need, so has sam, emancipation, and even jack, his choosing to go after skaara in serpents grasp got them captured...and i may be totally off base here and totally projecting...i mean slash writers can 'see' something between characters that the writers haven't obviously put there so i may be 100% of base but...there is a lot of circumstantial evidence...and with the exception of enemy within, no one has questioned teal'c since...wouldn't that make his betrayal completely shattering to all involved?
it'd be like learining (and forgive me, don't mean to offend anyone) the pope is a polygamist with 50 kids...it'd be the ultimate betrayal of trust.

if nothing else, could he be turning into a loose cannon that noone can trust, will he abandon sg-1 at some point in time if they can't help him further his goals...he's already endangered jack's life, and the rest of theirs by following tanith..if he hadn't have followed him, then tanith & apophis would be 4 million lightyears away and sg-1 would be trying to figure out where the heck they're gonna part a hatak ship on earth...not trapped in another galaxy with their worst enemy.

I read on another forum where the thought was SUPPOSE APOPHIS DECIDED TO PLACE A "SPY"
GOA'ULD INTO TEALC AND RETURN HIM TO THE SG1
AS A "SPY"
?...what better way to get the TAU'RI?.......................they would never see it coming :D

true. waht if...and this is an if...they say teal'c can never both be jaffa & host...what if a goa'uld evicts junior and takes its place? no one would look for it because teal'c is supposed to be immune.

or quite simply, is it possible his obsession with revenge will eventually be his/their downfall? has he gotten so into avenging old wrongs that he'll risk the lives of his team to accomplish his goals?