New Book - The Morpheus Factor

Lynx

Hey Everybody! Guess what shadowwalker and I found last night? That's right, the new book by Ashley McConnell is finally out. We got it at one of our local Chapters stores although they actually had to go find it since it wasn't even on the shelf yet. The poor fellow had to dig two copies out from under a big pile in the back.
Haven't read it yet but we will post our thoughts as soon as we do.
Keep your eyes open. :D

Hey! I just happened to pop into Barnes & Noble and picked up a copy on Saturday! I did not know it was a new book. I am usually SO behind the times, so this is a thrill.

OK, I read it. Well, it was alright. I say, next time I will save myself $6 and go to Heliopolis. I have read better there. I did not think there was enough depth to our beloved teammates. I know them, so to read this story that is so shallow when it comes to their personalities...well, it was just plain disappointing!
But maybe it is just me. I went thru the same thing when I read the other Stargate books (NOT SG-1, but based on the movie characters). But like I said, I have read much better fanfic at various SG websites. Too bad I cannot recline in the tub with my computer, like I can with a book!

Yeah, she put a diff. spin on our fave's..
Jack was much more cynical... and danny more passive.. and i woulda thought, with their level of communication, that they woulda found a diff. solution to the prob. and prob. a lot earlier..
i really exepcted danny to be much more questioning... i'm surprised they never tried to work with the aliens to try and find abetter solution..

and what really happened at the end anyways?!... it just kinda "ended"

i liked her other books better...

I found the book in Ottakars bookshop and i'm halway through. So far, its alright in my opinion. Quite good.

Well, I finally got to start on this one. I'm about halfway thru now, and so far, I'm at least liking the idea a little better than the others, but it's been very confusing. Anybody else get boggled by the weird dreams and such at times?

Originally posted by bummer
but it's been very confusing. Anybody else get boggled by the weird dreams and such at times?

Oh yeah...until I got my head round the whole idea of the story I just thought it was plain weird...but then I got it and it did not seem so bad:D

Pamie, I saw where they called Sam "Amanda Carter"....I was ROTF....how could they not have noticed that in the proofread?? Yep, they definitely need us!

Finished!!

OK, this book had me thoroughly confused the entire time I was reading it....

SPOLIERS
For one thing....how on earth would Vair be able to physically be able to walk thru the Complex just by coming in thru Jack's dream?? To me that just made no sense whatsoever...I suppose I just can't suspend belief that far.

Another thing, did anyone get the impression when Jack got shot or had his "near miss" that the author had gotten her weapons mixed up? They said he had a near miss with a zat gun, but even when they get shot point blank with the darn things, they don't end up scrambled for hours like Jack was. I wondered if it was supposed to be a near miss from an energy staff....any thoughts???

And here we go again with the sudden death ending!! It reminds me of a poor dog who's given a bit of leash, only to run full tilt to the end and get whiplashed back when he runs out of rope! I felt a bit whipped back myself after one minute the dream is running 90miles an hour and suddenly, HEY it's all over, everything worked out fine, everybody lives happily ever after!!! How annoying!!!

I'm still just :crazy:

Re: Finished!!

Originally posted by bummer

For one thing....how on earth would Vair be able to physically be able to walk thru the Complex just by coming in thru Jack's dream?? To me that just made no sense whatsoever...I suppose I just can't suspend belief that far.

And here we go again with the sudden death ending!! It reminds me of a poor dog who's given a bit of leash, only to run full tilt to the end and get whiplashed back when he runs out of rope! I felt a bit whipped back myself after one minute the dream is running 90miles an hour and suddenly, HEY it's all over, everything worked out fine, everybody lives happily ever after!!! How annoying!!!

I'm still just :crazy:

Yeah I must say I thought that about Vair (when I was not so confused)
As for the ending at least it was not left so much up in the air as some of the other books but did end very quickly with a happy ending...I don't think that I will bother to read another one:(

I don't think I'll get any others either, but I may prove myself wrong. I'm just a glutton for punishment, I suppose. This last book had me totally confused the entire time, though. The endings really bother me, too....it's kinda irritating to be dropped off a cliff into a happy ending! :D

Looks like I'll have to stick to fanfic from now on :D