Doesn't anybody like Piers Anthony???

Not at all.. guess we were just waiting for someone to start it!...

i must admit i havent read much of him in awhile.. the xanth just got too carried away..i couldnt afford it!.. though i'm curious as to where its all gone too...

i loved the first phaze books.... i mean horses, of course!.. (unicorns, ok... i'll take either!)(duh.. look at my name..)..

the second phaze books... ahhh....

i havent read his other stuff.

I have read so many Xanth books that they make my head swim LOL
I have also read Pierce's biography it's very interesting...he is quite the character :)
If you get a chance read his incarnations of immortality series it is awsome....

I love Anthony!!!!!! :)

He's so cool. I've read nearly every book of his ranging from the famouse Xanth series to Isle of woman and shame of Man, and all the other books too.

Have you read his bio? I love his authors notes in the back of the novels :)
He is quite a quirky character....LOL

What I really like is....

the Incarnations Series! It's just so cool to see how everything is so interrelated. I always wondered if he did that on purpose, or if it just sorta developed that way.

:rolly2:

This is my favorite author. I have read everything he has put out. I think he is the best. Easy to read and funny, also.:eek:

OMG, this is sad when I am the last person to post for this INCREDIBLE author in like 4 months!

Come on ppl, we all know we are talking about a great old dude! I'm sure he'd love the name :p

Before you ask, I have read all of the Xanth's todate, all 7 Incarnations of Immortality (every one several times... I love that series!), the Shame Of Man series (I forgot the actual series name), Firefly, and whatever other books I can find by him. Haven't read the Phase books, tho. Only so many hours in a dat :p

Have you read "Bio of an Ogre", which is the author's bio....
One of the great things about Piers is that he is in touch with his readers, I love the author's notes at the end of his books.

Bio of an Ogre

Nah, haven't read it (yet)...but I refuse to consider the notion that such a light-hearted author could be an Ogre!!!

I totally love his new names for things...like AwGhost and Oct-Ogre. They make the calendars I print out so much fun! :)

LOL actually Piers himself termed himself an Ogre :D
Yes, I love the puns and wordplays.....one reason he never runs out of ideas for these things is because his fans keep sending him more to use in his books.
According to him he has so many that he is not sure he will ever get to use them all LOL

Maybe it's time for a new "anthology"... all the cool puns and things that he'll never get to use...like a series of extremely short stories...

Xanth

How can`t u love the Xanth novels ... they are the greatest
if anybody has them and doen`t like them he better sell them to me

okay, let me ask a question... those of you who liked the Apprentice Adept series (Phaze), what do you think of the Mode series? (Virtual Mode, Fractal Mode, Chaos Mode, etc.)

I didn't get the Adept books, unfortunately, because the book store I frequented never carried them (except for one... Out Of Phaze). However, I sure liked the Mode series... and I was sad when it never finished... or maybe I need to hit the library! :)

Lisaine, I'm a bit out of touch, but there was one in the bookstore I hadn't seen before... now if I could just remember the name of it...

I really went off Piers Anthony after about the sixth Xanth book, when I was heartily sick of the same old crap again adn again. Apart from the Xanth series, though, I really enjoyed some of his stuff, particularly Prostho Plus. It's the only book of his I consistently recommend to people.

I loved the Incarnation series, but had to drop Xanth as well... we started to run out of money and I had other, deeper books to read then. Just had no money for more fluff.

Don't get me wrong, if Xanth is where you are, then it is really great! Loads of fun, tons of puns and trying to figure out Piers' logic is a real brain-bender, sometimes.

However, for me, Xanth (and most of Piers' work) is *light* reading...not intended to tax my brain or abilities.
:rolly2:

I've read two Piers Anthony novels: If I Pay Thee Not In Gold and Firefly. I enjoyed both books, although I view them purely as entertainment, although I will admit that on occassion he throws out a gem of a thought. He has a great imagination.

Of the two books that I read, If I Pay Thee Not In Gold was my favourite, and Weyr...well....rawr. :D

I'm interested in reading the Incarnations series. I've heard a lot of good things about those. Also, the synopsis for the Geodyssey series is very intriguing to me.

Ive read the first 5 Xanth Novels by him , thought them to be wonderfully entertaining but had no desire to read any more. Ive read his Novels Cthon and Pthor both great reads but vry leak reads. Ghost is an excellent and very underrated novel.(y)

He is terrific.(y)

Back