Season 5 - 12 episodes?!

what a bummer, lets hope they sort out this strike thing.
12 episode's is not nearly enough to see us through, thanks for the info kelsi...peachy

what strike thing?....
i dont read the "newspapers" much... (internetpapers?)

Well, I don't really know, me being English, and them being Canadian, but I think there's a massive strike in Canada, and therefore the filming of stargate might have to be postponed, or the rest of the series cancelled... Someone correct me if I'm off track, which I probably am...

there's talk of the screen actor's guild and possibly the writers going on strike later this year...and since most of tv shows are unionized...if they go on strike, everything pretty much grinds to a halt.

it is still a few months away

aacck! NO!!!
that so CANNOT happen!!!...

a few weeks late, i'll live.. a few months... it'll be tough.. but if they DONT resolve this....

OY!... feel my wrath!....

From what I read in Entertainment Weekly, the SAG strike is mostly supposed to be about payments on video releases. some actors don't think they are getting enough money from the sale and resale of their movies and shows on video. I think that's what it said anyway, was awhile ago that I read that.

joe who is a writer for sg1 came into tokra times, a yahoo group or club, well he came in and i think he said that no matter what we will get all 22 eps. even if there are strikes, but i think he also figured that if writers don't strike the actors might not, but that was what he was assuming!!

sue

Money, as always in a strike, is the main issue. For writer's it's also about respect, especially from films (more so than television). Reportedly there's a lot of dissention in the ranks of the WGA, a lot of the rank-and-file writers think the governing board is going too far and demanding too much from the studios. One of the big issues is that writer's take exception to the phrase "A film by {director's name}" which they feel denigrates the contribution from the writer, since the written word came first.

For lots more info check out the various web sites. What is interesting is that the WGA is the Writers' Guild of America (specifically Amercia vs. Canada); SAG is international. There seems to be some confusion about how much a strike would effect production in Canada. Different people are saying opposite things.

Anyway here are the sites:

www.sag.com
www.wga.org

i heard some of the show's staff say there will be 22 eps...just maybe not as timely as we'll want them...then again i think all of us will agree if season 5 premiered tomorrow we'd be happy little campers

Strike update. Last night 3/1/01 talks between the Writer's Guild of America and the studios and networks were suspended. If the writer's go on strike, the Writer's Guild of Canada has pledged to support them. The current contract ends on 5/1/01.

Another reason the studios / networks don't want to give the writer's more money is that if they do, they'll pretty much have to agree to give the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) more money too (their contract ends on 6/30/01). Naturally the two unions are supporting each other (strength in numbers).

Just the facts, ma'am.

mind you, if they only film 12 episodes...maybe we will be graced with another season, if they had decided to end it after this one.....

Just a thought

Carkedit :dead:
*who would prefer another 5 seasons at the very least*

Not possible I have the names for up to 14 eps

1: Enemies
2:Threshold
3:Ascencion
4:Fifth Man
5:Red Sky
6: Rite of Passage
7: Beast Of Burden
8: 2001
9: Summit - Part - 1
10: Summit - Part - 2
11: The tomb
12: Wormhole X-Treme
13: Desperate Measures
14: Fragile Balance

I worried in case 12, wormhole Xtreme is like really ... bad... Dunno why, the writers have a healthy sense of humour...

Wormhole X-treme

The title is in honor of the shows 100th episode, and Peter Deluise promises that it will deffinatly be one of a kind!:rolly2: