Prodigy

Jaxie

New Zealander - hullo!!!
Right i decided you people should start talking about it on a prodigy thread as apposed to my exodus thread.

i'd just like to say that the actors did a great job of acting against nothing. the fire fly things were obviously cg. i especially liked the way the doctor thompson actor diedm (by that i mean the actor has nothing to go on so he just started convulsing and screaming in pain. that must of looked funny when they were filming)

well i don't know about other folks but i don't see exodus for another 24 hours and i've been trying to avoid spoilers so i've been avoiding those threads.

but it is bery difficult for the actors to react to imaginary stuff. like when they go through the gate...they're walking up to an obviously empty gate, the shimmering water is added later though i've seen the 'light' being held by an extra and shined into their face.
or hathor's goa'uld in out of mind/into the fire...it was all cg the actress was holding up an empty hand.
same when goa'uld's eyes glow.
thor is a puppet and on various 'planets' they're on they have to pretend the sky is yellow or the grass blue or three moons ets...i think there have been times when the actors almost have to watch the show to really 'see' what they did months ago.

10 hours to Exodus now. Sure has been a long time coming! ( I too have been avoiding all Exodus threads......it's been difficult)

Some actors find it hard to act against a greenscreen, others (better actors) seem to do it realy well. I was reading that TV Zone Stargate Special Ed last night. Amanda Tapping was talking about acting opposite "Thor", and how the articulation of the puppet is so good that it makes it easier for her - especially when the puppet gave her a swat on her behind!

They did do a very good job on the fx of the pixies, I thought. Great line-of-sight work.

i saw on one of those behind the scenes shows that the computers in the control rooom are all dummies, that there is some guy in a back room that makes the graphics come up...the actors can pound on the keys all day long...won't accomplish a thing

prodigy is one of my favourite episodes of all!!!! i can't believe how much i liked it!!!!
it was a differen't 'style' of episodes, i can't tell you why i liked it.... but i did!

Hey, tell me more about that behind the scenes stuff - the docu's aren't broadcast in England!

wow, you guys keep to topic doncha.

anywho, i'm hoping most if you have seen 'the light', can you imagine being transfixed (is that the right word?) by something that isn't there?

how about walking on a 'beach' that looked more like the shore of a lake, and pretty cold to boot, with an imaginary castle in the background and having to 'find' the bones at just the right time...probably took them several hours to get it right...i mean they were shooting outside so if a jet happened to fly over while they were taping they'd have to start over...

I alway wonder when they are doing a hospital scene(where the main actor is unconscious and the rest of the main actors stands around looking worried), how do they keep from laughing and making strange faces in some of those scenes?..............ok, I know its not clear what I am trying to say................. HELP ME EXPLAIN MYSELF jsc

guess that's why they call it acting...imagine how hard it had to be for at to not talk for most of entity...or not to smart ass back at jack, cause the actress is a lot more bubbly than sam...those times she looks to be biting her tongue...i think she really is...ooh to see the out takes...

I have a friend (currently working on Lone Gunmen) who's 'one of those guys making the words appear on the computer screens'. He's done lots of other shows too. You have to be a really good typist, too!

The outtakes from this show have to be hilarious. Did they show any at gatecon anyone?

i remember seeing toy story 2. i saw it twice because the outtakes at the end were sooo funny.

i love bloopers

i'm with you sky i would love to see a show of all outtakes it would be soooo kewl!!!

was reading an article about prodigy where at said the reason daniel was in it was because it was the epi that ms was supposed to direction but the schedule got switched last sec and he directed dj instead.

wouldn't something like that put alot of pressure on a person about to film their directorial debut. i know from my two acting bouts that directors get really stressed and do a lot of yelling and get really pissed when the actors screw up their scenes (that NZ programmes any way - probably not the same as American stuff)

you kidding?? i live near ny and the directors are nuts when they are filming. my husband almost got punched out by tom hanks for stepping in the wrong area when they were filming in nyc

Jaxie, as far as I remember your two acting bouts consisted of what? One morning as an extra on HIgh Tlantis? Something like that anyway. And One of the leads in the Locky house play :p

wow, shouldn't that have been bleeped out...please don't report it.

ladies and gents my good friend Hell has just (finally) logged on as the Lady. bout time girl.

Pfff, what'd you expect?? So I didn't start posting straight away. Big deal.

And don't swear at me,...... or else I'll give you a detension!! :p hehehe