4.22: Exodus

i didn't say i didn't like it, just that it looked really cgi.

alright i finished watching it, my tape is totally screwed up tho and it keeped losing sound every five seconds, but hey...:eek:

omigod, it's Apophis - hey didn't Jacob say that line in.. um the one where they try to sabotage the alliance between Apop and Heru'ur - The serpents venom? :D

Anywho, six months to season five (four until i start hearing about it from you guys - maybe i'll just move)

Obviously teal'c ain't dead - or apop will revive him.

jack seemed a bit shocked the teal'c was <cough> dead, but not heart broken (if ya get wot i mean)

;) carter wearing a green top? like i said my tape was screwed.

All for now
Jaxie

SIX MONTHS, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

now i have to go back and rewatch the tape! anything else i should look for while im there???

Another Take on Teal'c

So Showtime in the US reran Exodus tonight.

I know we've done this, but here are some of my thoughts on why Jack retreated and took cover, leaving our injured Teal'c lying in the sand.

Jack's actions were completely in keeping with his previous behavior when one of his team was endangered. He tends to draw attention to himself, thus removing the immediate threat to his team member.

Teal'c was already down. By leaving Teal'c where he was, Jack drew the evil jaffas' fire to himself, sparing Teal'c from further danger of being shot. And as it's already been pointed out in this thread, it gave Jack the ability to return fire from cover and neutralize the threat to the both of them.

And it would have worked completely too, if not for that weasel, Tanith sneaking off with Teal'c in the transport rings.

I don't think Jack showed any signs of cowardice in this scene. As Rowan (and she would know :D ) and others have mentioned, snap decisions made in battle are never easy. It would also seem that most of them would have some amount of later regret attached to them.

So that's what I think, for what it's worth.

Renee. . .

as for what to look for...well some folks on the lists have pointed out a little danny drool...seems when jacob goes with sam to fix the hyperdrive he tells danny he has the peltak...then danny does this little butt wiggle(yep, that's what they call it) anyway he does this little thing...it is sorta cute.

then of course i love it when jacob comes back, he says oh we have tactical back, danny goes yeah and i don't thing that's good...he points to the display...makes these little hand gestures...especially since it's flashing warning, warning...

anyway i can't do it justice but it is funny.

and can you imagine at trying to keep a straight face when jacob tells her replace the last 2 crystals and it should light up and start to hum...she does and says it's huming...and hyperdrive is back on line...i dunno just strikes me as funny.

I completely agree with you, arcane. Well said.

And skydiver, when I get off this forum, I'm going to go watch Exodus again (after watching it this morning for like the 3rd time, gee the things I do for this show ;) and watch for that little ---uh ---- action scene.

YES! Loved that little ... "I didn't think this looked good, especially since it said 'warning warning' in go'a'uld .. that hand-gesture was wonderful!

i'll be honest i'm more of a shipper than a danny fan but yeah, he was very cute in the eppie.

So, was Carter wearing a green top or not?

One day the Tok'ra will find a home world that is not a desert. By the way, hust wanted to note that the tok'ra have beent there since the eppie The Tok'ra 2 - which means about two years.

yeah to the set designers (and builders for the matter) there seemed to be alot of new sets in this ep.

PW has grown his - i oticed this as soon as he said his first line.

jack could've shot tanith a little quicker, but hey he was probably in shock.

<sigh.
quess i'll take a break
jaxie

ah damn, i can't be stuffed editing that post so here's the ah....update.

PWhas grown his HAIR - that wot that sentence was

and where it says hust, i mean JUST

:aliengray :rolly2: :p :eek:

yeah yeah sure ya did--mean that.....but i won't go there-this is a g rated thread.:blush:

so now if i ever get any free time i need to watch for green shirts and butt wiggles right????:clown:

butt wiggles - how is that g rated? any way yeah look for that green, i swear to god that its green :blush:

i watched the end of it sat morning, mainly to see this butt wiggle everyone was talking about...didn't notice if sam's shirt was green...guess i'll HAVE to watch it again :rolleyes:

i do like sam's 'i've never blown up a sun before' and jack goes 'well the first one's the hardest'

wonder if the galactic police are ever gonna chase her down, let's see, she's trashed a planet in chain reaction and now nova'd a star and destroyed a whole solar system...not bad. heck i think she has one up on darth vader, he just destroyed alderran if i remember correctly.

and i wonder about the tokra planets. my theory is they use desert planets cause when the crystal tunnels grow they have to displace a lot of soil...and in sand it will jsut look like dunes...on a dirt planet wouldn't you have a lot of nice black displaced dirt that could likely be seen from orbit as a 'new tokra tunnels here' sign?

wow sky--i never thought of that--that really makes sense when you say that-about the sand i mean.. don't mind me just rambling---still have to go watch for g rated butt wiggles:eek:

ramble away tatter....i for one adore jack jumping on the throne yelling shotgun!

had me loling...:laugh2:

okay sky-here goes the green shirt thing. rewatched it with a friend yesterday and the consensus was that they were all jack, sam, danny and tealc wearing the same dirt brown shirt but depending on the lighting of the scene changed the color slightly making it appear at times more olive or lighter etc...
still missed the butt wiggle though:p

it's right after jacob tells daniel you have the peltac...jake then walks off and daniel stands in front of the console and does this little wiggle thing

Re-watched Exodus last night to catch that wiggle ----- YEAH BABY! GRRRR!

wiggle

how could i have missed a daniel wiggle, well i'll need to get that tape out to watch tomorrow, wiggle here i come haha...peachy :D