What's your favourite monster?

If I was to pick a monster from folktales I would pick a Sphinx or any kind of troll were you have to answer a riddle to get past. I am really bad at riddles and they would end up killing me. :(

If i picked a character out of a book it would be Brother from the Bone Doll Twin by Lynn Flewelling. He's just creepy!

How about The Nothing from The Never Ending story. I don't know if it really counts as a monster but I always thought it was a pretty cool idea. I mean, how can you stop nothing??

Of course, while not my fave, Audry II from Little Shop of Horrors holds my all time "Kept me up all friggen night" award. Saw it when I was about 5 years old and it caused me to spend many a sleepless night thinking that the "big monster plant" was in my room and would eat me if I got out of bed. I had one overactive imagination as a kid.

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I have to go replace the bulb in my night light.

gEEk

Hmmm.... If we're talking movies, probably the Dobermans in Resident Evil, or the Hippogriff from the third Harry Potter movie. All in all I'm a huge fan of the animal-type monsters. The more teeth and claws it has, the more cuddly I find it *L*

Kinda messed up, huh?

'The ones we do not speak of' from the recently released Village- for being too tall and walking funny.:(

Yeah, I'd probably group Dracula in with the monsters. I was never a big fan of Dracula though. I usually like 'over the top' stuff but for some reason Dracula was too cheesy for me. No, it doesn't make good sense for a Godzilla fan to say Dracula is too cheesy; but then again, I rarely make good sense :D

This is traveling a different, less scifi vein, but has anyone seen the old B&W film, "The Little Foxes"???

It was first a Lillian Hellman play and then the movie was directed by William Wyler back in the 40's. It takes place in the old American south.

Anyway, Bette Davis's character is the closest thing to a human monster I have ever seen. If you've never seen it, it's worth a look. She'll freak you out.

i agree with GeEk's monster... the nothing really freaked me out when i was a kid..the never ending story was a favorite book/movie.

hmm..what other monsters..i'd say the monsters from "where the wild things are"
are pretty darn scary! well, to my son anyways!'

The scariestfor me has to be the Wolf (Chief of the Queens secret police) in the film of The Lion, Witch and the wardrobe.

My favourite monster would have to be an orc.

Joshua from GRR Martin's Favre Dream. Brilliant character (he's a vampire, by the way ;) )

I don’t know why but I like werewolves and vampires. I am not riley into horror but there is something about the taboos that are related to these two creature that I find both interesting and disturbing. :p