4.20: Entity

Marie

Wow, I loved this episode. Okay it was a bit of a shipper fest - but I loved it anyway.

Loved the memo gags, what's the odds thats an in joke about RDA?

AT was brilliant in speaking without saying a word!

And Jack killed Sam......how could he!!!!! Shot her twice with a Zat gun............does this mean there's hope for Martouf?

Yeah, great ep, it had me on the edge of my seat! But I thought it was really mean that they killed the entity! It was like Artificial Intelligence or something, and it only wanted to survive! I was with Sam and Daniel - they should have tried to resolve the situation peacefully, and I'm sure Daniel would have if O'Neill hadn't started threatening...! :mad:

I don't know about that. Yes the alien only wanted to "preserve", but that doesn't mean that is was not going to kill them if it did not get a chance - that was it's main prupose in coming through the gate. It didn't want to leave Carter's body, it only went when its home world was threatened.

If they had listened to Jack in the first place, destroyed it when they had the chance, Sam would not have been put at risk.

I think this was more of an episode that Jack was right to take the military stance instead of the diplomatic one. Saying that, I thought it was a nice scene when Daniel told Jack that Sam wasn't wrong to have attempted to communincate with the entity.

And the way so much was said in this episode from all of them without the words actually being said.

The Memos bits were Great! Loved Jack's humor as he was assessing the threat capability of the entity! "Hey, I think it likes me!" Loved it that he was right. Not all aliens are friendlies. They really should be careful!

jacks humour was great as usual, especially the playing
up to the camera that was watching him bit. A.T's acting
was great as well, she played her part so well without
saying a word. i didn't like the entity, it didn't give
them a chance to help it...peachy

Just watched it. Great episode! An excellent RDA's and AT's acting.
As usual, love Jack's humour and, I'm not a shipper, but love all the scenes in the infirmary between Jack and Sam.

He has the same pained looks for Daniel. But he hasn't zatted Daniel twice yet just tried to blow him up! I loved theliving will parts and the looks between him and Hammond!

man i knew i shouldn't have read this cause i have to wait a week & a half....hmmmm wonder how much a ticket is to the uk. someone will let me sleep over and show it to me right????

Originally posted by Marie
I don't know about that. Yes the alien only wanted to "preserve", but that doesn't mean that is was not going to kill them if it did not get a chance - that was it's main prupose in coming through the gate. It didn't want to leave Carter's body, it only went when its home world was threatened.

I think this was more of an episode that Jack was right to take the military stance instead of the diplomatic one. Saying that, I thought it was a nice scene when Daniel told Jack that Sam wasn't wrong to have attempted to communincate with the entity.

I dunno... (sorry Marie, just completely cut up your post there!) Firstly, it only when in2 Sam when it's world was threatened (attack or be attacked), it probly didn't even want to - the SGC (be it accidently) started the attack, and in that way is similar 2 One False Step, and yet they had a completely diffrent attitude 'cos they weren't completely in control of the sit.

2nd point/question - Why is Daniel sudddenly the expert on what's right and wrong?

don't get me wrong tho - I loved the ep! ;)

Oh yeah, and why did jack shoot Sam? Didn't he think that the Entity was transferring itself back into the 'probe'?

He zatted the Entity because it was going back into the main frame of the computer that had just been rebooted. And from there it could have gone anywhere and done anything. Remember they are tied into the pentagon's system as well as all our (US) defense systems as well as http://www.archaeology.com.

Ooohhhh. Well, I still have one more question!

Originally posted by kelsi
Why is Daniel sudddenly the expert on what's right and wrong?
[/B]

ohhh a shipper ep. i'm there.

so anyone car to fill me in on the details (as i am really impatient..six weeks for goddsakes)

Ooohhhh. Well, I still have one more question!

Why is Daniel sudddenly the expert on what's right and wrong?
[/B]

1. Remember Jack called Daniel the conscience of SG1.
2. Daniel certainly was the expert on what's right and wrong in The Other Side. After all, Jack was so ready to get Alar's technology he didnt' mind how he got it. It was Daniel who asked the right questions, for that matter, the only questions. Jack only saw the light when he realized that Alar was a racist (with his comments on Teal'c). SG1 and the whole of SGC would have made a BIG mistake if they had allied Earth with Euronda's master race.
3. In Scorched Earth Daniel found a way to save both people, even though he risked his life.
4. In Demons he couldn't let that young girl be trepanned (or whatever is called) and he was prepared to do something about it.
5. In fact, it seems that most of the time Daniel is the only one with a conscience. Sam has abdicated her's so much, she wasn't like that before. Now Jack has only to ask her to build a naquada weapong and she does. And she didn't ask any questions. And Teal'c never questions O'Neil's actions as far as I remember.

Daniel always tries to do the correct thing. That does not mean he is always right but he consistently acts with integrity.
This is just what I remember at this moment. Give me examples if I am wrong.

Hi! Norita, you are correct that Daniel is the conscience of the SGC and SG-1.

Sam really knuckled under (to us outside the military) about the feed back loop on the naquadah reactor butwe have to remember that she is military and trained to follow orders (unfortunately Jack did not in that case) and she did it and her conscience was not clear! But the military is a hierarchy and she followes instructions of her superiors with less questioning that we can do. Remember she did the bomb in Chain Reaction also and was not happy about it!

But even Hammond allowed Daniel to try contact before and after Sam was taken over.

Hello people. i need spoilers....and lots of em.

All i know is it's a shippy episode with an entitiy and (totally ruining the surprise when its aired here) i need to know a plot.

thats if noone minds spilling it all to me.

Thanx Norita and jsc. But if Jack shot Sam 'cos he thought the entity was gonna go back into the mainframe (and stopped it), then how did Sam get in, if Jack stopped the transferral? :D

The entity put her in there before it (she/he) died.

jaxie- a very short version of the plot : An 'entity' invades the SGC computers and seeks refuge in Carter's
body to survive. It had been sent to destroy the SGC because the MALP we sent to their planet was "poisonous" to them. Once Carter is taken over, the team faces the possibility
of having to kill their friend to destroy the entity, and O'Neill
finally has to zat Carter once. Then twice. Effectively putting her in
an irreversible coma. after some angsty moments re living wills etc it's discovered that sam is in the SGC computers and so they hook up some kind of jumper cable thingy and get sam back in her body.

Back