Siddig in upcoming sci-fi movie with Matthew McConaughey

little star

expert member
http://www.sidcity.com, the official website for Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir on DS9) reports:

"Sid's next project is the film REIGN OF FIRE. According to Upcoming Movies, the plot is set in a post-apocalyptic future England, when an American militia leader and a British "Fire Chief" must team up to fight off a brood of fire-breathing dragons that have emerged, seeking to return to dominance over man after a centuries-long rest...The film co-stars Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, and Izabella Scorupco (who also starred in Vertical Limit). Filming is set to begin in Ireland in February. No word yet on Sid's character, but stay tuned for details!"

little star :)

Wow

Thanks for the info Little Star sounds like a good movie ...:
I just adore dragons
dragon14.gif
they are so cute

anyone an ideaa when the film is to be released?? sounds like a good film..

hello

Reign of Fire is currently being filmed. The film is expected to be released sometime in 2002--sorry, nothing more specific than that so far.

Siddig offered the following bit of info from the set of Reign of Fire:

"I wear a goatee (of sorts) in this picture--very unkempt looking as we are all urchins after the proverbial 'armageddon' of Dragon wrath--the entire word has been devastated by them and only ashes remain and a few struggling survivors holding out in a castle (old medieval style). I use an approximation of a cockney accent--more north London really."

He also commented that he is enjoying working with director Rob Bowman (The X-Files: Fight the Future).

(source=sidcity)

little star :star:

Cheers for that.. look forward to it

Wow that sounds great i hope it comes out on cinema and doesn't end up some straight to video thing!!!

This isn't about the movie, which does sound good. I just wanted to say that Sid has a real nice letter on his site about the tragedy on Sept. 11. I thought it was cool for him to say something. There's also a letter from George Takei.

Check it out.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: