Alien species reintroduced?

little star

expert member
The crew of TOS encountered a new alien species almost every week! With a few exceptions, we never saw these alien species again. Remember the Gorn? The Argelians? Metrons? Scalosians?

Can anyone think of any TOS alien species that could be successfully reintroduced into new ST movies or series?

BTW, I came across an interesting page:
Lost Races of Star trek Original Series
http://izan.simplenet.com/lostrace.htm

little star :)

spock.gif

What? No takers on this question?

LOL

Hey Little Star I love that pic of Spock ...:) boy it took me back ...:)

My favorite species from TOS would have to be the Tribbles and possibly the Horta they were an interesting lifeform
the possiblities for reintroduction into future shows could be very interesting.
Dont you think?

tribble's

I just adored the tribble's, the whole episode was so much
fun, it was even good when DS9 did it. That episode was really well done, it's still one of my fav's. i also liked
the salt eater in the "man trap" she was an old love of dr m'coy's, but then she was the last of her kind...peachy

Another Rumour (?) about Star Trek X is that it will feature some TOS Aliens that we haven't seen for some time.

Of course, by the nature of these rumours they could just be talking about the Romulans.

One species who used to appear frequently, and then never again were the Andorians. They were meant to be one of the founding races of the Federation, along with the Vulcans. So, I would assume their planet was near Earth, and it seems odd to me that we haven't seen them again. I also read somewhere (and this may not be Canonical truth, as per the 'Star Trek Chronology'), that they made up family groups composed of three adults, as opposed to our normal two. This is a bit risque for 1960's TV, so I would like to hear more on that. I also liked those little blue antenna on their heads, so kitsch.

One species we could do without would be the Tellerites. They win the award for the worst make-up on the whole of Trek. It's just a man with a pig mask on if you remember.

yeah i remember the ones with the pig faces, not good at all. the blue people were interesting though (andorians) ...peachy

Originally posted by david676
Another Rumour (?) about Star Trek X is that it will feature some TOS Aliens that we haven't seen for some time.

Of course, by the nature of these rumours they could just be talking about the Romulans.

The source for the following Rick Berman Q & A is TrekWeb (Steve Krutzler):

Q: It has been reported through the Internet that you did an interview on a local UPN station and mentioned that the Romulans would be the villains in the next feature film.
A: Well, what I said was that we would be seeing the Romulans in this movie, which we are, but I did not necessarily say that they were going to be our main villains. We are going to be seeing a new race of villains that I am tempted to talk about but I won't just yet. We also have a specific villain that we hope will be every bit as exciting and memorable as Khan. I am very excited with the direction this film s taking.

Q: Will you be designing a new look for the Romulans and their ships in this film?
A: We always like to tweak some of the alien races and I'm sure you can expect a fresh, updated look for the Romulans. We have done it before such as when Denise Crosby played a Romulan and we gave her a look that was somehow unique. I think there will be some surprises as to what the Romulans will look like.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

this is a spoiler alert about star trek X just in case any of you actually are interested as you mentioned it above
in the movie it is being sed that it is picards last he is rumored to have written the script for that scene HIS DEATH!!!!!!!!!! well hope anyone who did not want to know didn't read it and lets all wait for the movie to come out and hopefully prove my mate wrong as he told me that

Just to update this thread.

The TOS aliens that are to appear in 'Star Trek: Nemesis' are indeed the Romulans.

However, 'Enterprise' is to have a whole host of old, and some new, TOS aliens: Vulcans, Andorians, Axanars, Tellerites, and Klingons.

Go to the Enterprise Forum for more details;

Axanars and Andorians

And sixteen years later I jump in with a question on this thread.

The races of Star Trek - what species was the green skinned woman in a bikini seen during the credits?

BTW none of the old weblinks in this thread work anymore. This shows how technology moves on and things get "lost in cyberspace" - an issue I was bleating on about somewhere in Chronicles at some time :)

Last edited:
There were a number of Orion slave girls and Orion traders shown in Enterprise. The whole idea was turned on its head, because the women controlled their men with pheromones (something that The Orville has just revisited) and the male traders were actually slaved to their women.

Enterprise also showed most of the other TOS races. Discovery hasn't done so yet. It can't show the Romulans since no one has ever seen them until Kirk's 'Enterprise' shows up and finds they look like Vulcans. However, it has so far, only shown Klingons and some fairly weird new space animals.

Back