4.21: Double Jeopardy

I've just watched this episode and love it. Especially the interactions between Jack and his clone. Those scenes are unforgetable.

:)
I thought this was a great episode. Loved the fun between Jack and Jack. Glad Teal'c got to avenge his fathers death.
Congrats to MS on his great directing debut.
Bye

A little moan...

I don't mean to sound unappreciative, but what is the big deal about directing? In fact, what *is* directing?

Argh, I wish they'd stop killing everyone off. altho @ least, for like the first time this series, EYES FLASHED!

(SPOILERS FOR ALL EPS + POSSIBLY EXODUS)

It's like, S3, the killing begins - Sha're/Amaunet. Sokar, yeah, maybe. Apophis, but no-one even blinks now when that happens.
S4 - Martouf, Heru'Ur, Cronos, Martouf, countless SG personnel: in D+C - zatarc programming, First Ones - whole team, Prodigy - another team, and did I mention Martouf? No? Well, they killed him off! And in Exodus, they're probly gonna kill off most of the Tok'ra! :mad: AND DON'T 4GET MARTOUF!

Like I said 2day to one of my friends - I'm not sure I like S4, despite being completely addicted...

Maybe that shows how much I love the Goa'ulds... :rolleyes:

Can't be bothered editing my last post,so I'm gonna post again.

How did they do it so that Carter's hair seemed longer when she was a robot? I mean, I thought her hair was too short to do that with... Am I too obssessive?

This may just be too obvious an answer to the Sam hair thingy, but they must already have a wig which fits AT from Point 0f View so maybe they just cut and restyled that one.
Danny's hair should also have been longer but they hid that with his headscarf. I also noticed that the duplicate jack's hair was darker and they had made an attempt to mask the scar over RDA's left eye.

Sorry about lack of spoilers gategeek, I was on limited time and I don't do anywhere near as good a job as others here, - excellent summary from Markpud and the episode title you want is Tin Man. Now ep titles that I'm good at!

I also noticed that the duplicates were carrying MP5s instead of P90s. Although stupidly I didn't make the connection till some time after! Dohh!

really liked this ep but the ending was so sad. when jack was with the dying robot jack and jack said something about "the real teal'c and carter" and robot jack said "are we still so far from real to you?"- that line just killed me, i wanted to cry.

i haven't seen this ep. yet so this question may seem not totally with the plot, or answered in the ep. but how is the fake sg1 have weapons (mp-5)?

Originally posted by Jaxie
i haven't seen this ep. yet so this question may seem not totally with the plot, or answered in the ep. but how is the fake sg1 have weapons (mp-5)?

Hiya Jaxie
They made mention of RobotSam inventing the internal power cells that enable them to go off-world (which they couldn't do in Tin Man, without collapsing), so I guess we are to assume that RobotSam also knocked up a few guns while waiting for the kettle to boil. What a talented 'bot.
cheers
Mishkaz

Thought they would have at least referred to them as replicants (in honour of Bladerunner), sounds so much better than "robot" which makes me think of "Lost In Space".

I know this mey be rather hard on MS, but did anyone think it was over publisized? I mean, it didn't seem to be that big an ep. There weren't any SFX, other than the whole duplicate thing...

i was quite amused by the 6 million dollar man ref - "better, stronger, faster..." :)

re DJ

I really loved this ep. It has got to be one of the best from season 4. It was good to see the return of the SG1 robots from Tin Man (season 1). The interaction between the two Jack's was superb and the one liners were brilliant. Fly Boy , I so own you , etc. The sight of the two Jack's in Headlocks was great, I have no idea how they managed that. Exodus on Wednesday, looking forward to that but not the six months we have to wait for season 5 to air. Still lets hope for some repeats.

Originally posted by kelsi
I know this mey be rather hard on MS, but did anyone think it was over publisized? I mean, it didn't seem to be that big an ep. There weren't any SFX, other than the whole duplicate thing...

I agree Kelsi, kinda distracted me from just sitting back and watching (like usual) coz I was picturing MS doing his Speilberg thing and saying things like "CUT!, darlings that was MARvellous, but could you give me more ANGST?"

Also, thought the excessive footage of RobotSams grimacing when pulling green wires was a bit much. Kept looking for spinach on her dentures.(didn't spot any, I'm pleased to say)

'part from that, I liked this epi. Thought the two Jacks' catfight was really funny.

Originally posted by Mishkaz
I was picturing MS doing his Speilberg thing and saying things like "CUT!, darlings that was MARvellous, but could you give me more ANGST?"

:D

what i loved bout the whole jack fight was sam's remark 'as much as i'd love to see how this all plays out, don't we have a job to do?'

i thought it was a good eps. mix of sci-fi, run & angst.
teal'c gotta whump cronos good, jack & sam gotta do a death scene, though sam's was just a collapse and close her eyes bit...and it ain't every day one of htem gets their head blown off.

at the very beginning did anyone else notice that when danile i think ran by the dhd it wobbled...

i also wondered about sam's hair. if it was a wig it was a good one. better than the one in pov maybe they taped the scenes before she got her hair cut????
and teal'c gotta play it with a little more emotion than he normally does.

did anyone catch the name of the female goa'uld sam blew up?
man she was nasty but i wonder if she's at's stunt double? she sure had the right hair and body type.

what about harlan? he tells hammond & co he can't live without the robots...wanna bet there's a nice debate about him wanting to dupe them again when they get back (if this is covered in exodus, don't tell me please, i'll find out next friday) assuming of course once they run out of power they're dead. can they take the robots back and just recharge them or once they run out of juice are they toast?

one final note, hope someone zats cronos to oblivion...goa'uld have a nasty way of not staying dead.

Well, this was not my fav. epi...
for one thing, it's the second to last before the season finale.. *sad*..
there was only a few minutes of daniel...*my eyes are sad*.. but oh yes!.. did he look great!...
for his first time directing, i guess he did ok. but did anyone else notice that there wasn't a lot of continuity between the scenes?.. lots of skipping from one scene to the next, with no "explanation" of how they got there.. the teal'c/chronos scenes really got me.. teal'c shoulda had a whole lot more... and it was such an important scene in the whole season!.. and it only got a few minutes!??!?!..if that!!!...

the jack fight scene was great... there were a few great jackisms...
i was disappointed not to here this great debate going on between the two sam's... like in the AU ep... with her developing that power pack, there was a lot of science jargon that coulda been bounced back and forth.. but they spent too much time in the beginning setting the whole scene up...they coulda left out some of it.. (i know, i cant exactly say what, but...)
it just left me wanting more....
(yes, more daniel...*laugh*)

and if the whole point of SG1 going to the planet was to rescue the robots so that harlan won't be alone, then... killing them all kinda missed the point!!!...

oh well. maybe i'm just sad causa next week...

glad i'm not the only one who missed daniel, after him not being in the episode the week before, and then him only being in this episode for a few mins just wasn't good enough. even though in those few mins he was in it he looked really good (drool). and i agree with the teal'c bit, they could have made more of it, i mean cronus
was one of the system lords, and the killer of teal'c's father, but i feel he was killed off too easily...peachy