Sticky: 4.18 : The Light

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
spoilage ahead........

just my thoughts on the eps. not bad, not the best but not the worst.
i loved the very beginning, jack betting on sam with daniel. that little display of camraderie is what i love and what has been sorely lacking lately.
i also loved the little bit at the beach. 'oh please. if we're stuck her do you really think i'm keeping THAT up?'
also jack & teal'c in danny's lab.
now if there'd have been 30 more minutes like that i'd be rewatching it instead of surfing here.
to me the rest was predictable. danny gets hurt, again, another team buys it in a fate sg-1 avoids, again, sg-1 try to find a cure, again, they do and will emerge relatively unscathed, again...
what i think could have been interesting is if the light showed them something, did a little thing like the gamekeeper but put them in a nice blissful place, and they had to turn their backs on it to come back...now that would have been great.

one thing i see really coming out of this eps is a slew of shipper or slash fic about just what they did in the palace for 2-3 weeks...betcha they had a hot tub ;)

also, teal'c has a birthday now. if we assume the date the show airs is the 'date' it happens then t-man's b-day is march 14th.
which makes him a pisces.

just a note:
torment of tantalus- someone is marooned for years in a palace by the sea which has a captivating light show

the light- someone is marooned for years in a palace by the sea which has a captivating light show...

coincidence?

and one final thing:
anyone notice the oops?
in the eps LT. barber kills himself, in the credits it lists SGT. barber. so unless there are as many barbers as there are davis' on the base, someone messed up.

Hay, of course there are gonna be some repeats as far as plot lines go.. after "how many eps?", you gotta expect some.. what really makes this show so great is the way they do it, and the camaraderie they make between the teams.. i thought that this was a great ep. with lots of great repartee amongst the members.. that is something that has been lacking lately..
yes, we had poor daniel getting beat up again, and another team bearing the punishment and getting the fate that SHOULD be sg1's, but of course, cant be.. (cause then where would the show be?).. and of course, we had daniel escaping in just the nick of time (though why in the world, when you only have a few minutes to save someone's life, would you bother to change his clothes?.. i mean really, what's important??... (ok, so i wanted a peek at more of daniel in hosp. gowns.. *grin*)..
but jack's reaction to daniel in the infirmary was very special.. and when he "lost it" cause of the withdrawal, he lost it very appropriately - in concern for his friend..

i agree, there are certianly gonna be a lot of fanfics for this ep!.. (hmmm.. am thinking of a few myself?..)

(btw.. i'm new here.. just joined this morning!glad to be here!)

hi ponyperson and welcome.
i'd give you the whole spiel, but jsc's much better at it than i am.
i'm glad you noticed daniel getting dressed too...as i saw jack toss him over his shoulder i thought, gee, not only did they dress him, they put his shoes on too...wasn't that mightily thoughtful of them...:D

Welcome, ponyperson!

Hi, ponyperson,

I am glad that you have posted! I also enjoyed the scenes that skydiver listed and was glad to see Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam off on such good fellowship. Yes, I noticed that Teal'c will be 102 in 47 days... but I am not sure where to count from! AND NO BIRTHDAY PARTY!

I also noticed that they changed Daniels clothes, but I thought it was so I wouldn't get a thrill when Jack picked him up and carried him through the gate...did they really want to take the time in between Janet calling that he was arresting and Jack carrying him through! We all seem to be in agreementabout the fan fics coming out with the 2 two 3 weeks on that planet!

Are you finding you way around here O.K.? The pull down menu at the bottom of the page is the easiest to use for the Stargate section.

We do like fan fics here but we keep them pretty tame but imaginative! So please join in our round robbins or post your own!

Noticed that you keep your reply 'g' which is in keeping with the site, also to keep it friendly we don't flame other members and outside of season 4 we are using SPOILER SPACE to talk with others in different foras. If you have any problems please post us or email and we will respond.
oour e-mail is at the bottom of our posts. The bigest requirement here though is that you enjoy yourself here. This is now your site also! So browse, post (the more you post the sooner you will get a little follower), and enjoy!

what exactly was the bet about?
can anyone send me a script of the very beginning??
am a little deaf ahah

"we have caught nothing, we are fishing"

how do i get to be moderator???
i want the absolute power!!!!!!!!!!! yahaaaaaaaa!!!
martouf power

hey stillzen, the bet between daniel and jack was whether or not sam would come. jack said no, danny said yes so jack owed danny money...which i think he never collected by the way, it got vaporized with barber.
as to moderating, that's up to padders but i think he's not going to do anything until he installs some new software in a few weeks.

maybe 80% accurate

it starts out with jack walking down the stairs from the briefing room as they're getting ready to start dialing the planet, he hands money to barber and tells him to give it to daniel, that he lost a bet. sam walks over and asks what the bet's about, jack says sports as barber starts to walk away in a daze. "Daniel bet on sports?" sam asks incredulously, jack makes remarks about curling, that he and danny bet on the bit bonspieling. sam goes somehting like 'fine, don't tell me what you bet on.' then they too go down to the gateroom, and they're on like chevron 5 or something.
there's some remark made about downtime, jack says something about how he'd been sure sam wouldn't want to go. she turns, 'you bet on whether or not i'd go?"
right about then chevron 7 locks and barber makes a mad dash into the kawhoosh and vaporizes. jack stares in shock, sam mutters 'oh my god' then fade to credits.

Stilzen,

Contact padders and let him know what you would like to moderate!

Don't you have to have like 500 posts? And what does a moderator do anyway?!

you do have to have 500 posts now.
and in general a moderator just makes sure everyone is playing by the rules. you read posts to make sure no one is posting anything naughty or rude...and try to get people to post stuff...

For a short descriptions, go to the announcements section at the beginning of every category. Scroll down through until you get to New Moderators and you can see some of what we're looking for.

If you need more clarification, email either padders or myself and we'll be happy to answer questions.

Cheers,

As syndication in the US is now in the re-run re-run syndrome so enjoyed all winter on Showtime *smirk*snarl* This aired again and I have a strange thing I've noticed.

"The Light" was the last WOW episode for me in what I've seen of seaon four, and it had this weird undercurrent of O'Neill being so angry. At the end he makes up, but O'Neill is being a bit curlish even for the irrassiable colonel we know and love. And at a boy?

Why? Every other ep with kids is sweetness. Were the writers giving the nitpicking Internet goons (us board posters) something to think about, or was there production issues that sort of "bled" into the filming?

Is it some kind of anti-drug message? That comes to mind too. But I'm still baffled.

Skydiver...Those scenes you mentioned were really cool! I also like when Hammond radios to them and asks how everything is going and someone says "we just got here". Then Hammond tells them they've been gone for a couple of hours. And they're all like DUH!

I liked this episode. The plot line wasn't too impressive, but there were some really good points.

1) Jack and Danny betting on Sam, and Jack pretending it was about curling - very funny
2) The kid (lauren?) was really sweet, i hope we get to see some more of him.
3) Lauren giving Teal'c a toy gun as a birthday present - how cute was that?
4) Sam and Jack yelling at each other on the beach - "Oh please. If we're stuck here, do you really think i'm keeping THAT up?!"

I'm just glad that Sam finally got some leave, even if it was forced. That girl spends way too much of her free time at work!