4.19: Prodigy

I think he was dialing slowly because of the injuries from the bugs....either shock or concussion from their 'hits'. Either one makes you have to think hard when doing simple things...I still remember having to think about what 5 plus 6 added up to when I was suffering from a concussion a few years ago. I wasn't stupid but it just seem to be harder to think about what I was doing. It was a weird feeling to say the least.

Minor Continuity Thingy

Anyone else notice how Sam and Cadet Hailey switched sides from the time they entered the gate, to the time they emerged on the other side?

Sam entered on our right and exited on our left.

Most curious.

Renee. . .

yeah i think that's an official 'oops' on the part of hte director or editor.
sorta like danile's shirt sleeves changing lengths in marternal instinct....or the candle changing.

Jack had so many great lines in this one: the whole Gen Ryan intro, "Cool"-"That's what i said", etc. and that part where the scientists are griping about Jack and his guns, very funny.
It was nice to see a 'newbie's' reaction to the 'gate thing.

I thought it was interesting because of the personalities that were the ones we know and love, but with a difference.

The Cadet had Sam's brains and Jack's attitude, which didn't seem to be a good combination.

The head scientist had Daniel's curiosity, but not Daniel's empathy - he didn't see anything wrong with trapping one of the Tinkerbells.

I wonder which traits are necessary for the SG1 team members' success, and which ones they could do without?

wow those are really good insights RP - thanks for giving us something to think about :cool:

:blush: Thanks, gategeek!

I'm not looking for profound answers - just love to hear what pops into other people's heads.

Originally posted by RuffledPuppy
I thought it was interesting because of the personalities that were the ones we know and love, but with a difference.

I wonder which traits are necessary for the SG1 team members' success, and which ones they could do without?

well if anyone's seen the finale, they know that teal'c's sheer determination...just could be his downfall. find out in a month 1/2

"ROCCO"

I dont know for sure, but I think the "thank you rocco" line was inspired by the bugs bunny show. if you remember the two gangsters there was muggsy the boss, and Rocco the big strong dumb guy. Rocco was always trying to impress mugsy by spouting lines for him. I can't be sure, but this is my opinion.

Also like the I am going to shoot you know out of Teal'c. Only he coul have4 delivered that line with that much dripping sarcasm, with out changig his facial expression

Ma'tec :smokin
:evil:

Anyone watched this ep w/ the commentary on?

Paul Mullie and Joe Mallozzi actually *sing* to the Stargate theme - no, they actually wrote *lyrics* to go w/ the music -- (if you watch a couple of the earlier ones w/ the commentary on Peter DeLuise sings along too - but w/ ad-libbed lyrics) -- it's rather funny --

I've been going through all the eps - started this one last night - not finished yet ----

Originally posted by Marie
I loved the first scene with the real 'real' General Ryan and O'Neills reaction to him. RDA must have used every fans reaction to him for it... especially the part where he practically runs out of Hammond's after speaking to Ryan. I know that feeling!!

Just wanted to comment on this - even tho it was posted a long while back --

no - RDA didn't know that Gen Ryan was gonna be there - that was a REAL reaction to Gen Ryan being on set - that whole "*The* General Ryan?" - that was real -- and very funny! (It's in the director commentary or special features or something somewhere on the S4 DVDs) --- I love that part -- ;)