Discworld Quiz (Terry Pratchett)

Sci-Fi16

Bit of a take-off from the Stargate one, but I thought it might be a good idea (I emphasise the 'might') Right, don't know how many fans are here, but you can put down any question you want about it Discworld. My starter:

'What is the number of Bel-Shamhorath?'

Correct!

'How high is the Tower of Art?'

(Was it a bad idea to start a thread? I mean, I've seen junior members do it, but I hardly have the inspired ideas you people all have I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now.)

Nonono! Not bad! Good! I have no idea off the top of my head, but does it beginn with 8 or am I obsessed?

It does begin with an 8, but that's not all of the answer (well, duh: 8ft high, huh?).
Just read your signature line. Very true, in my opinion.

In case it shows, messed up on my writing just now, and so edited a bit, considering it's my thread.

[Edited by Sci-Fi16 on 01-20-2001 at 07:27 AM]

Great idea for a thread shows how sad we really are(again)
The tower of Art is 800ft high I believe.

Here's one for you who is the Royal Recogniser?

We bow before those who can remember numbers. I am a word person.
There are lots of 8s (speed of stuff) and my brain is fried. Wordy ones plis???

Sad, I am, and we all are, if you agree too.

Thanks, Cap'tCrash, and your answers right.
Skip, I understand your numbers thing. Frankly, I spend more time in Math lessons talking to the girl in front me about SF.
Hmm, Royal Recogniser's 'Mort', isn't it?
Oh, Igneous Cutwell.

'Name one of the inventions by Leonard Da Quirm'

That'll take some good research for the non-mathematical of us.

Oh dear,
The Thing For Going Underwater
or somesuch, or
The Making Really Hot Coffee Really Fast thingy?
Summat like that. Odd, my math sf fan sits behind me...

I'm trying to block my maths lessons out of my mind!

How about 'the Gonne' (? sp)

That'll do nicely, Cap'tCrash, you too Skip, 'cos of that thing in 'Jingo'. I'm out of ideas for questions right a way. Anyone else what to suggest one?

I'll apologise now for what I've just put on the Songbook. You are allowed to hate me/chuck me out if needed. I take things too seriously.

Drunken Twister? hee, hee!

Cutwell is right 10/10 Sci Fi16

Okay who's card reads

? ?
Worlds Second Greatest Lover
Finest swordsman Soldier of Fortune
Outrageous Liar Stepladders repaired

Just off to find out what Sci fi16 put on the song book!

Dunno if I should be pleased about that, Cap'tCrash, as I was seriously worrried about it, but I am about most things (if 'uptight', doesn't cover my attitude, then 'stressed', definitly does) Criticsm will be accepted, not that that makes my thing in question look any nicer.

You're refering to Cassanunda, anyhow, a dwarf minus beard and iron helmet, if I remember rightly.

Next up: What is the name of the Igor's 'Old Master', in 'Carpe Jugulum'?

Still stuck on 2nd alien name, BTW (assuming that does stand for what I think it does.)

fun, fun, fun!

Oh, which Igor?
Oh, Igor! Now I get ya!
BTW, By the way. That what u wanted?
Call it summat Discworldy or a private joke! (Like mine...)
Um, lesse. CJ was the vamps... the Magpyrs?
Are we sposed to look or do from memory as i haven't peeked.
I was just thinkin but Leonard. What was his version of the ENIGMA called?
(AND DON'T SWEAT THE POETRY! Bully hat ON. If no-one ever posted, it would be boring. In the rae- RARE case of a silly post (read all mine) it happens, but I love what you did, Spacemonkey!)

Thanks for that, Skip. I actually asked on behalf of my sister: she's on her own forum thing, and wanted to know what 'BTW' meant.

I wasn't sure about that question myself, and I've only got the tape (read book, not bought). Magpyr's the family's name, but I'll end that question there due to my uncertainty. Memorys fine, but so's a little research

Next: 'What do the letters C.W.J stand for in Nobby's name?'

Are you kidding me Skip? your songs are fantastic! (but then so are the rest, not to cause offence)

Well, I know it, but it not comin...
I know sumat to do with peers...
Um, no. Blocked. Must be the simultaneous equations. You are driving me mad! How will I cope w/ trying to remember???

Either:
Look it up. - FOC, Discworld Companion
I didn't say memory specifically
or
Don't! If you can't think of the answer, what does it matter? (Well, it doesn't matter to me, and the quiz is my thread-Am I pushing that point?)

Cap'tCrash, I wasn't annoyed at you.

For some reason this has always stuck in my mind. Its amazing I can't remember the eruption dates of adult teeth(no matter how long I study them)but I can remember Nobbys middle names are Cecil Wormsborough St John.Sad sooo very sad..

Sci Fi16?. No offence taken.

I've had a problem with 'St John' ever since I couldn't pronounce it when reading Jane Eyre for Literature. Poor guy!, I'd of thought 'Cecil' was bad enough.
What now?
'

Back