Micheal & Vatiare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RHG
no the writer was not lying at all, they have been dating but not seriously, they meet, go out for dinner, and are very good friends and get on well.
Both Michael and Lexa are free agents, so they date as and whom they please.

I don't find that compatible with the quote "they are now an offscreen couple".

It depends on how you define 'off screen couple'..
When they go out, yes they are a couple, but they are not living together, seeing each other every spare moment, nor constantly talking to each other on the phone..As in the case of..'togetherness' [Hey I an't very good with words ok, before you start to er thingy....heee I know what I mean..lol
But to get back.Like I said, when they see each other they are a couple in that sense of the word, but not as in 'off screen very romantically involved couple'..er If you get my drift..D'oh I know what I mean..

And I think that we should let the man, date who he wants and not worry about it..He is an adult after all..albeit a crazy one at times but there you go..
Hugs RHG

Originally posted by RHG
And I think that we should let the man, date who he wants and not worry about it..He is an adult after all..albeit a crazy one at times but there you go..
Hugs RHG

Hey, I only worry when it's Lexa Doig ;-)

RHG,

With all due respect, I have to ask: how do you know this information?

It would appear that you have access to the intimate details of the day to day lives of both Michael Shanks and Lexa Doig. Are you a close personal friend of theirs? Do you know them well? Have you been out on one of these "dinners" of theirs? If so, I'm amazed that so close a friend would betray their private moments like this on the internet for all (including them you know) to read. I find it interesting that in one post you say that Michael would like to keep his daughter and romantic life out of the public eye, and yet in a follow up post you go into detail about those exact things. If he didn't want his daughter mentioned, I doubt that he'd care to have her nickname posted for all and sundry to know.

I may be wrong, but I think you are just like the rest of us: a fan, a stranger, most definitely not privvy to either of their personal lives. This means you can only do what the rest of us do: speculate. It's a shame that you feel the need to speculate with such authority on a subject which you obviously are not an authority, and an even further shame that you do it under an Official title. This is misleading and unkind.

Forgive the length of this post. I have been lurking a long time and am a fan of both Stargate and now Andromeda (I will admit I prefer Stargate). I have seen some awful speculation specifically in regards to Michael Shanks, and this is the final straw. I had to post.

RHG, I think the MSOOF site is an outstanding one, and I don't mean to sound harsh as we can all get carried away from time to time, but we must remember that the people we are so cavalier about speculating about, are people too. If Michael, Lexa or Vaitiare for that matter read these boards, how do you think they would feel? Wouldn't it be awful to know that some "harmless gossip" caused some serious grief in one or all of their lives?

If Michael gave you this information himself RHG, and asked you to post on his behalf, then you have my sincerest apologies. If not, maybe some food for thought?

Sparky

Dear Sparky.
First off, I do know the man, and secondly, I am not access to their or his intimate details. And if I was, I wouldn't tell you or anybody. I don't think I gave any intimate details away..Unless you think that going out in a public place for dinner, is intimate.., In fact I just looked back at my post..No nothing intimate there.
This is just to stop all rumours, about Michael, which i know he would not want posted, also, this is stating facts, so people can stop, asking who, what, why and how.
I personally have said nothing, that anybody who has seen them out and about, would not say any different.
I have NOT betrayed any trust etc of Micahel, I personally cannot speak for Lexa Doig, as I do not know her.
I am a fan, yes but not a total stranger to Michael.
Regarding Michael's daughter, any fan of Michael's knows his daughers name..It has been mentioned in several interviews, and even on tv interviews. also where she was on set with him, was in a recent interview in a magazine.
But obviously as she gets older he wants her to have a normal life as possible..This I was reiterating.
As I said I was not going into detail about Michael', romantic life..
I was just stating facts, and hoping that the people who are nosey enough to want to know the in and outs of what he does or doesn't do on his days off, will be satisfied..
And I do not speculate, other wise my reply would have been totally different, I find out facts first, but it seems that this is wrong also.

Official title, I suppose you mean the MSOOF fan club, well yes I AM the president, and owner of that site now.
With Michael's approval.
I never post things that are misleading, why would I, it will only hurt and uposet people, if people didn't want to know about the break up of him and his daughters mother, and who he was linked with, then they should not have posted and asked..
I was only trying, albeit wrong now, to set the record straight.

I do not adhere to harmless gossip as well, if I see something that people have got wrong, through their own speculation, then I wish to correct it, to scotch all rumours.
I am also very protective of Michael, the rumours that have been circulating about the past few months or so, are bad enough, and yes, I guess I am over protective of someone who, when he speaks his own mind gets slated for it..
But obviously by your reply, I will not bother to scotch rumours, or tell people the truth, I'll just let people speculate, and we see what happens then.

And just for the record...
I am in constant touch with Michael, and if there is anything that he wants me to say, or not, then I respect that.
But what I said about Michael and Lexa, is really no big secret, It was just to clarify, that they both want to get on with their careers, and to stop people, reading far to much into the relationship..
I remember once, a couple years back, Michael was seen driving to Amanda Tappings house, er does that mean he's dating her..So you can see how, things get blown all out of proportion.

I have NOT betrayed any trust of Michael's.
I also believe that Lexa Doig has mentioned in an interview, about Michael Shanks, and how well they get on..So lets wait for the rumours to start on that..And well make what you will of it.

Most people were gratefull that I actually took the time to reply, but in future forget it.

RHG [President and owner of MSOOF]

Any further conversation you wish to talk to me about please feel free to e mail me privately.

hi everyone, can i just ask that we keep it civil in here please there is no need to get angry and accuse people of x, y and z.

Thanks everyone.

I agree, and I am sorry if I offended everyone or anyone.
But like I said I wanted to stop all rumours, speculations etc, but I am sorry that I tried to, and will not in future.

Many thanks

RHG [siging out]

wooo ppl ppl ppl calm down i never expected any thing like this to happen!

ok since we have this great "new" feature called personal mesaging i sugest you use it to find out about that and talk rationaly

yesh i just leave to go to school and choir practice and this thing all goes to hell!

Originally posted by RHG
But what I said about Michael and Lexa, is really no big secret, It was just to clarify, that they both want to get on with their careers, and to stop people, reading far to much into the relationship..

I was puzzled the first time you wrote that, and since you repeat it, and since I'm still puzzled, I have to ask: What has a relationship to do with 'getting on' with ones career?

I remember once, a couple years back, Michael was seen driving to Amanda Tappings house, er does that mean he's dating her..So you can see how, things get blown all out of proportion.

Well, if a writer on the show had said that first they play a couple on a romantic episode and now they are a couple off screen ... people would tend to believe that I guess, and i'd say there is a difference.

And finally let me just express my surprise that some people seem to think this thread has degraded into something unplesant. Seems to me its just a couple of people expressing opinions.

(I'm not suprised the moderators get heartattacks by certain letter combinations ;-)

Moderators and Administratators tend to be overly concerned. Like parenting, it comes with the territory!

I can c both Points of View (seen that as well!), and I feel really guilty about starting the thread! sorry, I was just curious, but thanx to all for comments!

jsc, btw, congrats, on being, or u were on the old system, moder8or of the week!

Kelsi,

Don't worry! Your were curious. Don't feel quilty! You asked a question. Aparently outside of Canada we don't get news on the actors except through rumors.
the data base still has them listed as living together and parents of a baby girl Tatiana, you just wanted to follow up on something you had heard.

Originally posted by jsc
Kelsi,

Don't worry! Your were curious. Don't feel quilty! You asked a question. Aparently outside of Canada we don't get news on the actors except through rumors.
the data base still has them listed as living together and parents of a baby girl Tatiana, you just wanted to follow up on something you had heard.

excatly i mean you know more than i do before you did this i never konew about that!

so don't go kicking yourslef about this

hi kelsi, i agree with jsc, and carter, it's in our nature to be curious, and want to find things out about our fav people...peachy

But the whole of the rest of the forum is really firendly, and this thread is kinda... agressive.

Originally posted by jsc
Aparently outside of Canada we don't get news on the actors except through rumors.

How do you get to hear of stuff if it's not thru rumors?

Hey carter, how come you're a moderator, but you have less than 500 posts?

Is it just me, or is the backgound (to the reply box) a kinda strange, kewl mosaic purpl?

Fans are always curious about their fav actors' private lives ,and the more secretive the celebrity is, the more curious the fans become, therefore the rumours get circulated. Pehaps MS should let his fans in on certain aspects of his private life, like RDA does.

Well, didn't know that RDA did, but... Yeah! I agree! JR Bourne seems to b doing OK in that respect....

What I posted I have read in interviews with the principles or at their official sites. Other wise I have to consider it rumor and not print. But specualtion on characters is OK but not the rumors about the real people. What happened to Michael Shanks and his interview distortion over at Msoof was so sad. MGM has not yet said that Stargate is coming back for a fifth season (but they haven't realeased this information about any show except the ones they have cancelled!) and MS said someting about not knowing if a fifth season was in the works from MGM and He as we didn't know and said so and it was interpreted variously as HE didn't want to be back for a fifth season rather that we are optioned but we don't know yet! People wrote so mauch about him not returning or wanting to return it was STUPID! I read this from various e-groups and rumor mills and felt so sorry for MS, I wondered if he would continue to use the internet and be internet friendly!

That's true. I felt bad for MS too. The fans really blew that one out of proportion. I'd be surprised if MS ever posts again. Too bad.

Maybe we could start a petition to get MS back on the 'net... :D Am I getting a littl 2 petition-happy (god that's a mouthful!) here?!

Status
Not open for further replies.