confused

there are a few eppys where he goes back to the same point over and over til he gets it right, and he never bumps into himself from the previous backstep....

Yeah that's a good point...

Brings us back to the 'would you see yourself in the past if you went back in time?' question, which Parker doesn't seem to do

isn't it sposed to mean death to one or the other if you meet yourself??

or something like that neway??

I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but...

Isn't it to do with the same matter not being able to exist in different places/ or the same place at the same time?

If there are millions of parallel universes all co-existing in the same time, and you just hop between them i.e. Sliders then it doesn't matter, you can meet yourself, they do it all the time.

I remember another show or a film (it may have been 'Timecop') where the character had to avoid meeting himself, otherwise they would mutually disintegrate.

Dr Who was always meeting different versions of himself, without any serious problems.

yep it was timecop where he couldn't meet himself

and I remeber now tghat sliders and Dr. Who they ARE always meeting each other, too many conflicting opinions I reckon :D:D

the 7 days eppy that aired today in the UK seemed to clear some of this up, at least for me...

At one point they say "oh, the spheres gone, there must have been a backstep" and parker is also gone from the base, so when a backstep occurs, parker and the sphere disappear from the original timeline, which is clearly why he has to be confined to base most of the time!!
Also they said that with a stronger power source they would be able to travel further back, and clearly go forward again, as the Russian fella did with his time - travel craft.

I saw this one too. I didn't realise that Parker disappeared though. That explains a lot.

Olga's husband (the Russian fella) -- he would have expected them to Backstep, but he didn't seem ready for it -- did he think that as he was going to steal their power source, they wouldn't be able to Backstep?

I musta missed this ep, cause I don't remeber that happening

stupid commercial TV (I'm not really knocking it cause I can't afford to pay for TV otherwise :D:D)

*sigh*

yeah we have to pay £100 a year for the BBC, and then we have to pay more to get cable/sky etc :( :(

I did think it was very handy that they still had enough juice for one last jump after he nicked the power source though :rolleyes:
I guess mr Russian fella assumed they wouldnt be able to...

There is something not right about what we have just been discussing. I am still 'confused', to bring us back to the thread theme.

I only saw about 40 minutes of that episode, but I don't think I missed anything vital. When Olga's Husband arrives from the future, they are all discussing whether he can be trusted or not etc. Parker and the Sphere are definitely there then.

Parker does a 2 day Backstep in the Sphere and drives to the base. Then both Parker and the Sphere have disappeared from the base at that time?

So even if Parker stays away from the base, both his other self and the Sphere are gone? So the timeline is irrevocably changed just by the Backstep process itself, even if he does nothing but sit still for a couple of days?

yeah the best i can figure it, when parker backsteps, all his actions of the last 7 days (or 2 days in this instance) are removed and the timeline is changed so ecents occur as though he was not there, until the "backstepped" parker comes back into play... hence the eppys where he goes back repeatedly to re-do the same time-period until the desired outcome is achieved...

"confused" was a great thread title!! :D

I still think, the original timeline he was in exists, but that every time he backsteps he creates a new timeline, from where he backsteps to.

then again I could be wrong :D:D

I'm glad i saw that last epy, it's certainly cleared up a few problems.

*groan* all this thinking... I'm supposed to be on holiday!!!!

Originally posted by Fahrbot
I still think, the original timeline he was in exists, but that every time he backsteps he creates a new timeline, from where he backsteps to.

then again I could be wrong :D:D

If you're right, can you imagine the number of dead earths that exist? :eek4:

*sigh* I love Seven Days but it gives me such a headeak every time I start thinking about all the weird time traval stuff........

yeah it can be a bit confuzzing at times :D:D

but only when you think about ti too much :D:D