confused

Prankster

Unknown Asgard Agent
what i find dipast ficult to understand is when paker back step into the,when he gets there shouldn"t there be another version of parker at the base already there which is 7 days younger than him.

I don't know, I think its something to do with matter not being able to occupy the same space and time.

But, I could be completely wrong.

If you think about it, the sphere is never there either when he backsteps soooo...

Which begs the question, if the sphere and Parker are not there when he backsteps then everyone would know that one is taking place when they suddenly disappear. Right?

Since I haven't watched from the beginning I don't know if this has ever been explained.

Was going to watch last night, but it was pre-empted for a basketball game. I have 20+ channels devoted to sports. Why do they have to show sports on regular TV? ;)

Cheers,

it does bear the question but it has never been explained, unless of course, I've missed episodes because of channel ten.

Who knows??

Here's what I think.

I think this is the answer. Parker is kept on the base in basic lockdown. Everyone there knows that he is a chrononaut so if he disappears when he's on the base, they know he's left or backstepped. If he were in public 7 days before he backstepped there is the danger of him vanishing basically in front of others. The instant he materializes into 7 days in the past, the other Parker disappears from wherever he's at. That's what makes backstepping unique. Since he's walking backward or re-tracing his steps back in time, he can't encounter himself because there is always going to be one Parker. With other kinds of time travel theories, one can travel back in time and then go back to the future, but with this theory a person can only exist in the present, not the future. Hence, there can never exist two Frank Parkers at any given point in time.

Anyway, that's just my opinion for an explanation.

There was one episode where Parker didn't call and they started looking for him because the sphere had disappeared. Parker however is alway trying to escape and go out (to the bar or vegas or just outside) at least in the earlier episodes
lora :)

i'm like to ressurect this thread, cos its an interesting point. I've only seen the 1st two eps, so if something later on contradicts my view then theres not much i can do about that, but I think when he goes back, he must go to an alternate reality, I can't imagine his past self just disappearing from wherever he is beacuse his future self has arrived back...

Maybe I'll find out more as the show progresses over here in lil ol England ;)

I was pondering all these questions and I came to a rather abrupt conclusion. I'm going to accept it all at face falue before I make my head explode.

But now you've all got me thinking again, so the sphere and Parker disappear? That's a really good therory because It's not ever been explained in the one's I've seen. But I've come up with another one, he wouldn't have to disappear if time was turned back, because the future wouldn't exist yet so Parker, nor anyone else would be there, because it wouldn't have happened. It is confusing isn't it?!

Hi, I don't mean to be posting a question within a question-if that makes any sense at all-but I've only just started watching 7 days and I was wondering....
When some-1 goes back in time, do they just stay there or come back to the future.
Also, where did the sphere come from???
~Ice~

The Backstep team created the sphere, nifty isn't it!

No, Parker just stays in the past everytime he backsteps. Which brings up another question... if Frank had his birthday and say he was 24. Would he be 24 when he went back in time or would he go back to being 23?

Yeah, it's a little confusing, alright.

Maybe they'll explain the sphere and Parker's disappearance or reappearance in a different location in another episode. Regardless, I like everybody else's theories, too. They all sound reasonable.

The spheres from Roswell isn't it?

Also if he and the Sphere disappear how come he has to phone up with a code word? Also he went back in time to prevent the military takeover of the US, he did it twice, the spere had to be there for him to go back a second time.

No, I'm still confused.

"No, I'm still confused."
don't worry slimpickens, your not the only one who is still confused... :twirl:
~Ice~

weeell,

I reckon that when he goes back in time, he jumps realities, sorta like how on sliders they go to all the different version of earth, kinda the same thing. IMO anyway :):)

it is rather confusing...i bet the writes dont have a clue either ;)

hopefully they do, and they'll explain it at some point....:D

Originally posted by slimpickens
The spheres from Roswell isn't it?

Also if he and the Sphere disappear how come he has to phone up with a code word? Also he went back in time to prevent the military takeover of the US, he did it twice, the spere had to be there for him to go back a second time.

No, I'm still confused.

Okay, slimpickens. This is what I understand from the show. The FUEL used to power the sphere is alien technology from the Roswell crashdown, but the sphere itself was created by the backstep team. And it takes 7 days for the fuel to regenerate itself for another backstep and there's just enough fuel to send someone back 7 days only.

As long as Parker pilots the sphere, he and the sphere will always land in the same time frame unless some freak accident occurs.

Originally posted by FeedMeTV
The Backstep team created the sphere, nifty isn't it!

No, Parker just stays in the past everytime he backsteps. Which brings up another question... if Frank had his birthday and say he was 24. Would he be 24 when he went back in time or would he go back to being 23?

I GUESS he would be 23. I remember in one episode he took a bouquet of dead flowers in the sphere with him when he backstepped. They aged backward and came back to life. Then, he gave them to Olga. So I'm guessing that even though he retains his memory of the future his body ages backward like the flowers did.

Originally posted by Royal One

Okay, slimpickens. This is what I understand from the show. The FUEL used to power the sphere is alien technology from the Roswell crashdown, but the sphere itself was created by the backstep team. And it takes 7 days for the fuel to regenerate itself for another backstep and there's just enough fuel to send someone back 7 days only.

As long as Parker pilots the sphere, he and the sphere will always land in the same time frame unless some freak accident occurs.

i thought the going back 7 days thing was to do with the rotation fo the earth, it will orbit too far away if they went further than 7 days back...