Traci Lords joins First Wave`s third season as Jordan Radcliffe.

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
Oh please Tracy Lords ..:(

Oh Lords, We’ve Got the Benz
Tracy talks First Wave, Julie talks role reincarnation, Author: Steve Ryfle
Date: 1/8/01

Who could have imagined, all those years past, when she was getting busted by the FBI for making dirty movies when she was just 15 to 17 years old (it seems like ages ago, doesn’t it?) that in the year 2001 we’d be talking about Traci Lords, actress. No one is going to attach a prefix like "great" or "serious" in front of the word "actress," of course—it’s not like Lords is going to blow you away with her on-screen presence.

But let’s face it: The woman has been paying her dues for many years now, occasionally getting a high-profile break like Blade (and don’t forget her awful, early-1990s stint on Melrose Place) but usually toiling in low-rent productions. That’s why it’s cool to see Lords finally reaping the fruits of her long labors on the Sci-Fi Channel’s First Wave, joining the show in its third season as Jordan Radcliffe, a newfound ally to the show’s man-on-the-run-from-aliens, Cade Foster (Sebastian Spence).

This is the perfect role for Lords, now 31, who claims to have a brown belt in some sort of martial arts. She gets to kick ass on the Gua aliens, and she handles the stunts and fighting scenes admirably. And, as with all Sci-Fi Channel productions, the acting in First Wave is, well, not the greatest in the world anyway, so there’s no reason to single her thespian skills out here. The show can only help cement her growing reputation as a B-movie action queen, something Lords has no problem with.

"I love it," she says in an interview with Gist.com. "Especially right now, [when] the strongest [female] characters seem to be in sci-fi…I saw Jordan [as] sort of a cross between Sigourney Weaver in Alien, Linda Hamilton [from Terminator 2] and maybe a little Lara Croft from Tomb Raider thrown in...and some Traci Lords in there somewhere."

WILL JULIE BENZ RISE AGAIN?

TV Guide Online has an interview with actress Julie Benz this week, in which they ask a rather interesting question. If her Darla character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer can be brought back to live on Angel, why not resurrect her other prime-time alter-ego, the high school guidance counselor and FBI alien hunter, Ms. Topolsky, from Roswell?

"I guess I could get that call, says Benz in the interview. "A WB exec recently told me they`re still working on a way to bring me back. I was like, `Okay.` I don`t see how they could do it." But, what about this: Even when Ms. Topolsky died, her body was never found. That’s always an out-clause for bringing a character back! ""They`re so far removed from that storyline that to get back to it now would be really hard," surmises Benz. "So I think at this point Topolsky`s really dead."

new season

does anyone know when the new season starts? i'm not
sure where i'm up to season wise, it's been so long
since anything but repeats of season 1 have been on.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
i've seen up to where josh's conscience has been removed
from the husk he was in, and now the josh we all knew and
loved is bad...i'm in the U.K. and it's normally on cable
thanks...peachy

I don't really like her

I'm not sure if it's tracey or the whole Jordan character. But I really don't think they needed to add her to the show. It was doing fine before.