X-Files Vs. Farscape?

I never watched the x-files from the beginning so never got into it in the same way as i have farscape and stargate where i watch every episode.. in order. I have got the series 1 dvd box set so going to watch them in turn and i tihnk i will like it that way.

but yeah... farscape easily..

Oh I think you'll grow to really like them. I remember when they first came on the air. I was entranced. It was so new and exciting to watch each episode and see how the characters were developing.

In a way, it reminded me of Twin Peaks (which I loved) because it seemed so bizarre and unusual. Not your average TV fair. ;)

And to see David Duchovny in a role not wearing a dress was fun. ;)

Cheers,

x-files wins easily, i dont really like farscape but x-files compared with stargate sg-1...thats a different matter:rolly2:

I can't choose because I like both programs, I see the two from the beginning and love it. :D

Krystal ;)

It has to be X-files. This show has it all, Suspense, thrills, humor,likable and believable charaters and great storylines what else can a man ( or woman ) ask for.

:coolyello :smokin: Fox

thats a really hard one, cause i like watching both, but
if it really came down to it, i would have to say
farscape...peachy

I have to say I like Farscape and X-Files. Can't make a decision. Like them both.

annette :)

well being as how I have never seen Farscape I have to say X-Files wins pretty handily with me :D

I love them both but two shows couldnt more different, Farscape easily falls into the category of SciFi Fantasy while X-Files is more Supernatural Drama. Plus y'know, X-Files is a classic show, Farscape is kinda like a baby, or a toddler :D

They both win then for me :D

I don't think you can compare these shows all that well. Farscape takes place in space has the aliens plainy visible and an emphasis on action. X-files is on earth, with mysterious aliens if their around at all, with an emphansis the pursuit of truth. The only they have in common is that their canceled.

The acting in both is suberd and i can't make a distintion.

it all comes down to writing. the X-files Conspiricy by TPTB own admission was made up as they went along. Then they got themselves inside a huge corner. Farscape plans a season at a timeso the conspirices and plots in their are more consistant and sense making.

ZachWZ

Yeah I agree you can't really compare the two. One was designed for Network tv the other one was for SCI FI Channel. Even thoughin both series their main lead characters were portrayed as mentally unstable.

Heya!

Newbie here:D

On the issue of farscape vs x-files i think that they cannot be compared, they r so different. NEway i dnt rly watch farscape but i am a huge fan of the X-files and u just cant compare it 2 a show like farscape...the X-files is a classic show that we'll probably still be enjoying watching in decades from now! The X-files is simply awesome:D NEway i think farscape vs stargate is more reasonable, and in my opinion stargate wud win that hands up:D
(sorry 2 any farscape fans)

BiBi:D