A strange man is

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
hpl2.jpg
Mr H P Lovecraft(1890-1937)

Browse through the links at http://www.creative.net/~alang/lit/horror/hpl.sht
some very fascinating reading there...:)

Hailed as the 20th century Poe, H. P. Lovecraft wrote fantasy reminiscent of Dunsany and horror in the best tradition of Poe, Blackwood, and Machen. He singled out the best elements in the work of his literary masters and blended them into a unique style of his own -- a style that has, in turn, had many imitators and many more admirers. It was in a gray area between horror and science fiction that Lovecraft excelled and made his contribution, an area he called "cosmic horror."

Lovecraft was definitely a strange bird, but one with a lot of talent in writing and bringing to life a very horrific mythos.

If you can get past the style of writing, the major drawback for modern readers, you won't be disappointed. He can send shivers up and down your spine, have you peering into the dark corners of your home, turning on all the lights, and listening to the silence until you go mad and turn on every electrical appliance in your home to drown out a sound that you might hear.

His Cthulhu Mythos has caused the creation of one book that some think is real, yet others believe is based just on his Mythos -- The Necronomicon. Read it at your own peril. ;)

If you really want to get into the Cthulu Mythos, pick up the game Call of Cthulu from Chaosium at your local gaming/book store or www.chaosium.com

Cheers,

As i stated in another thread. I read his story a Colour out of space. it kept me in suspense. I found was stye a bit to hard to follow at times. Then i am a bit confused with what the deal was with the well at the end.

ZachWZ

Back