4.16: 2010

Marie

How many people are counting down to seeing this episode? I've been lucky enough to read a copy of the script and cannot wait to actually see it

Hi, Marie.
You can add me to your list. ;)
I hope that this ep. will be soon at Gamma Quadrant.

Hi, Marie!

Add ME, also. Philip might put up screen caps of it after it plays as he has for Chain Reaction. Tried also to put up in same form as gammaquad but is having trouble with peoples' reactions to the software to download with.

Looking forward to see it.

Oh ... deffinately looking forward to see it. The script is great to give you a rough outline, but it won't be 'real' until the actors breathe life into it.

Part of the problem with the rar downloads from Philpi's site seems to be in the web browser people are using. A lot of folks on 'AOL' are having corrupt file messages. The next largest groups seems to be the folks using 'Netsacpe'. I used IE 5.5 with no problem.

Also... these are hardware/software intensive files. I'm running a Pent II 333MHZ, 128 MB RAM graphics card enhanced system. I'm not sure how well it might run on, let's say, a 486... if at all. Windows Media Player really doesn't like the slower machines.

The *asf from GammaQuadrant seems to run better, but I have to say that Philip's avi is just like being there. Great sound and clarity of image.

Philip's sites are always quality sites! He is a genuine fan and seems to wish the same things for others as he would have for himself.

episode downloads

Hi,

Thanks for all your kind comments about my site.

Also I'm sorry for any problems people may be having with the download of "Chain Reaction" from the Simplenet site.

However I make no apologies for the fact that it isn't in the 18mb compressed format of the eps on Gammaquad.

I work on the assumption that if you like a show and are desparate to see it - you'll do anything to watch it - and if that means downloading a bigger file than normal - you'll do that.

I'm hoping to have "2010" on the Simplenet site and some other locations by 9am on Thursday 4th January (GMT).

It will be in a similar format - so get practicing with your rar and avi codecs!!

Philip

Of RAR's and such...

You're right, Philip... not everyone is gonna be able to make use of some of the files on your site. There are programs out there I'd dearly love to run, but they're to intensive for my Pent II. We all live in an electronic world today that would be totally unbleavable to the Appolo 11 astronauts. I've got more computing power in a throw away calculator that they had on their main computer system.

The fact that you have be able to maintain your screen capture site is an increadable gift to fandom. All these added tings you've decided to try, and do, are wonderful extras.

Thank you all your work.

I agree with your comments Rowan.

However - I think the issues concerning the processor requirements are not overwhelming.

My system is only a Celeron 300mhz with 128mb ram - which manages to handle these files perfectly well - enough to encode them which requires far more processing power than to view them.

I agree that there will be a wide variety of different users out there - but I don't hold to the view that we should target everything at the lowest common denominator. We'd still be working on 16 colours and 640*480 resolutions at that rate.

It's a fairly blunt message I'm afraid - but if your system isn't good enough then hard luck. Gammaquad has a 18mb version for those with computer problems (which I didn't supply).

I've deleted my version from the Simplenet site - and closed down that account now - as a result of the Yahoo takeover.

Happy Christmas!

Philip

WELCOME PHILIP !

Hi! I am so very glad that you are posting! Please keep up the good work! We in the fan community are greatful for all the hard work you have put in! We are glad that you are on a new site and we can see your wonderful screen captures and listen to your sound bites...To say nothing of being able to see 2010 almost as soon as our friends across the water!
I have loved your site since I stumbled across it when I as a fan found out SG-1 was on the internet. The pictures WOWED me! Then you added sound bites! Thanks again! Hope you have less trouble in you new site with the powers that be!

i cant wait either
im counting down the hours ,that dosent make me a mad person? just a mad fan
unlike some of you i have not been able to get any insites on this episode
as said in 1969 the old cassandra new they were coming like a self foretelling profersey so the furture selfs should be expecting them right?

flygal
p.s only 70 hours and 45 mins left i think
p.p.s im from uk and sky shows nearly every wednesday
p.p.s i have not visited that website so may i have its address

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Nope they don't have a clue. It's one of those episodes where the clock resets itself after the end of the ep - then again, this is sci-fi! But it ends where none of the present SGC members have any real knowledge of what is to happen!

Re: episode downloads

Originally posted by p3x595
Hi,

Thanks for all your kind comments about my site.

Also I'm sorry for any problems people may be having with the download of "Chain Reaction" from the Simplenet site.

I have no problem at all downloading it... I just have problem making it extracting it, making it play, figuring out what the avi codecs are and figuring out what I'm doing wrong ( I'm not even sure whether or not I did manage to extract them correctly and it's the codec I'm missing or if the extracting is wrong...)

I'm hoping to have "2010" on the Simplenet site and some other locations by 9am on Thursday 4th January (GMT).

I'll be sure to download it. But won't do anything else until I figure out how it really works ( don't want to make a mistake for the 3rd time in a row)

It will be in a similar format - so get practicing with your rar and avi codecs!!

I'll do just that... but maybe I'll wait until February after the exams...

Thanks Philip for making such a great site!

i can't wait for "2010" either.
i'm from the UK to so i will be able
to see it on wed 3rd at 8.00pm on sky
not long to go now...peachy

I'm getting really excited now. S'posed to be doing revision for end of semester exams but I keep getting a little bit distracted!!! I want to see the episode and get it over with - not, I'll be watching it on the video again and again.....

I also am curious and excited. I want to see how everything is handled.

SPOILER SPACE

With Kinsey as President! And the world will find out Davis' first name and I want to see the team's interaction and Teal'c without a symboite! AND....

all this talk about 2010
i can't wait till tomorrow
i hope i can sleep tonight,
am i sad or what...peachy

Phil`s Site

Phil, have you started a new site with downloadable eps too?

You really are a fan. Love the screen cap library (you are that phil aren`t you, I`m assuming you are by the p3x595 name) hope you`ll have screen caps up. You may just save me as both my parents are at home on Wednesday and may nik sky (although if they know what`s good for them they won`t even touch that remote until 9:00)

could I have that url please Phil? Are they better quality than the GammaQuad dlable eps?

Hi Thor of Othalla,

It has been a while,so Hi, again! Yes it is the same philip and his name (p3x595) is part of the addy for his screen captures. Try that first, thentry an email at his site!

site add & 2010

Hi,

My site can now be found at http://www.p3x595.com/

It's a little slow - but it is there! (no thanks to Yahoo/Simplenet and their "lets take over the world" ideas!!)

As you all know - in the UK we get "2010" this evening and I hope to have the preliminary screen captures up on the site by about 10pm GMT.

Not sure about an avi/mpeg of the ep - as Adam is going to get the asf up early. Also I no longer have access to a fast reliable server that could handle the traffic this might result in! Don't want to harm the screen caps site :)

So - 12 hours to go!

Philip
http://www.p3x595.com/

Back