4.16: 2010

Avi's and the like

Philip, I agree with you completely. I wasn't pushing for the 'LCD' theorum, only making that comment because some folks do find their problems stem from their herdware or a hardware/soft situation.

Now, in some web construction 'LCD' theory needs to be taken into account, but not in this case.

Besides, you should know by now I'm with you 200% in this deal... I'm your other half. :}

Rowan is Rowan is Rowan: Everywhere. Pretty much.

i did not like 2010 as much as i htought i would.... it just didn't seem 'stargateish'
and those 'ashen' they are worse then the tok'ra!

it was a different approach to an episode, i liked it. It has given us plenty to talk about :D

I wonder if there are any plans to have SG-1 bump into the ashen at some point in the future, but this time the Tollen or someone warn us not to be suckered by them...

Ashen ...

Markpud... I get the impression the Ashen have been slowly spreading across our galaxy, so it wouldn't be improbably to run across them somewhere in our travels. And since the incidents of '2010' never happened, the SGC will have no ideas about the Ashen's hidden agenda's.

Interesting idea... and a writer's dream set-up.

I have a feeling they would make another interesting enemy as the SGC has their homeworld coordinates and the code has been 'removed' from their dialing system and probably flagged!

Ashen

Just drooling over the potential dynamics as a writer gets my heart rate up. :D

Originally posted by jsc
I have a feeling they would make another interesting enemy as the SGC has their homeworld coordinates and the code has been 'removed' from their dialing system and probably flagged!

Just to nitpick, I don't think these co-ordinates are necessarily the Ashen homeworld, maybe a base or colony planet.. but thats just me being fussy..

We could have SG-1 giving those "banned" coordinates to the Asgard or Tok'ra and one of them warning us about the Ashen, then an episode or two later, we bump into them, and this time we could "use" them to defeat the Goa'uld and then boot em out :D

Ashen...

So many ideas. So little typing time.

<sigh>

what if????

what if they were to run across the aschen in a year or two...and they know someone from the future told them not to trust them...but the carrot they'd be dangling would look SOOOOOO good...would they listen to jack & his 'paranoia' or would sam & daniel and their 'let's all be friends' win out again...or would we use them and jsut not trust them...like you said rowan...the possibilities are endless.

Originally posted by skydiver
what if????

what if they were to run across the aschen in a year or two...and they know someone from the future told them not to trust them...but the carrot they'd be dangling would look SOOOOOO good...would they listen to jack & his 'paranoia' or would sam & daniel and their 'let's all be friends' win out again...or would we use them and jsut not trust them...like you said rowan...the possibilities are endless.

But they dont actually know that it was the Ashen they were warned from, the note just said "dont go to P3X..whatever", no reason why... So you would have to presume that events would play out the same unless an outside influence warns Earth of the Ashen...

lots of possibilities..someone start writing a fanfic pleeeeese....

Ashen

Already working on some plot ideas - like I need to add any more to my list. :D

what is thier duplicates from double jeopardy had come across the aschen by mistake.. oh the dilemmas

thinkin about it, this ep. was aired along time ago here, it must of been aired ages ago over there.

hey sky, you ever been to Cheyenne mountain (or driven past or or anything)

'The Mountain'

I did back in 1975 when I was stationed at Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center in Denver, CO for a bit. Can't see squat from the freeway and they won't let you close enough to really see much, certainly the gate. that's past about 3 checkpoints.

Got a friend who's stationed with 10th Special Forces Group at Ft. Carson and he's trying to see if he can get me as far as the last gate, but I'm not holdin' my breath.

yeah, i've driven by it. have a pic or two of it...rowan's right, you can't get close. all that top secret stuff and all...you can take tours but there's like a 6 mo waiting list and a security check out and all that jsut for a slide show in their version of the lobby before they send you packing...it's right in the southern end of colorado springs and literally right across the highway from the entrance to fort carson..at night you can actually see a bit more since there are lights but there are lots of trees...

all you can see from the pics are a 9500 ft tall mountain with tons of antennae on top...coincidentally right by the cheyenne mountain zoo...imagine that.

Originally posted by skydiver
you can take tours but there's like a 6 mo waiting list and a security check out and all that jsut for a slide show in their version of the lobby before they send you packing...

Where do I sign up??? I bet they're really glad that their secret facility has gotten all this publicity :D but then again I suppose it throws us off the track of whatever they're actually doing inside there.... ;)

Unless you are a moron you know their are Spoilers.

I have to say this was a great ep. here are the things i liked.

1.Use of continunity. the SG 1 still remenber the ep 1969.

2.their celeberty status. it just shows that it is something that would happen after all of the fighting with the gould.

3.The ending fight in order to get that message thru they all were willing to risk their lives.

4. the justification. Severial times in the ep. they wondered if they were doing the right thing. they were doing the right thing of course but, it was still a hard choice.

I gave it 5 stars.

Back