4.16: 2010

HI! p3x595

Thanks for posting Philip. There is a lot of interest here in 2010. I will look forward to you wonderful screen captures until I can view on Showtime. (Of course we are counting on spoilers... but you have done your share with you beautiful screen captures!)

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

well what can I say, just caught this epi and I'm suitably impressed. Not one of my fave's but then they can't all be. I love the fact that the relationships between all the characters have altered slightly over time. Very cleverley done. Not impressed with Sam's choice of hubby though, but then having seen the ending, I know why they did that. And I'm dying to know who stole Teal'c's emblem. Is it like in the 80's when people went around stealing VW badges off the front of cars d'ya think? Is that what the future holds for us heh heh

sososososososososossosososososososososososososososossososososooso!!!!!!!!

so, how was it?
i mean it was fine wasn't it???
i waiting for it to be posted at guammaquad, but i'd like to know the adress of the site where philip posts the eps, i've heard they were good quality!!
philip if you hear me gimme your adress (emailed u in case you don't remember!!!)

arghhh can't be sleeping now!!!

"what mistake? 'cause we
made a few..."
that's in the ep, right?

dufric dufric du fric!!!!!

Ok so while Philip's busy producing the screen captures I'll do my duty and produce the spoilers...... you do want spoilers don't you?!?

SP
P
O
I
L
E
R

The whole episode apart from the last few mins takes place in 2010. We have an alliance with a race called the Ashen who have helped us beat the Goa'uld and have shared their technology with us.

Sam is married - not to Jack - and wants kids but can't have them. Sam and Janet find out that she and 90% of the earth's population are now sterile due to the Ashen drugs.

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c get Jack to help to send a message back in time to themselves to stop them ever contacting the Ashen in the first place. They are aware that by doing so they will destroy their own timeline.

The other influence the Ashen appear to have had is that everyone dresses super smart (except Jack of course!) I have never seen Daniel wear a tie for a whole episode before!

Enjoyed more than I thought I would from the hints dropped previously as the use of the 'reset button' is justified in terms of the plot.

One question for you all to ponder - The Stargate is moved from the SGC to DC, (the SGC becomes a museum with Sgt Davis as one of the staff) but SG1 know from 1969 that in the future the Stargate is still in the SGC as they met Cassie there, Sam refers to this mission - shouldn't that have made her think about the reality she was in? I'm not sure I've expressed that at all clearly but please comment if you have a view.

Roll on next Wednesday!

Hi folks!!

This was a good episode, but not brilliant.. I find it a little hard to believe that the rest of SG1 and the SGC would have ignored O'Neil's doubts about the Ashen to such an extent that the whole planet was duped by them..
The relationship of the characters was a good point, but the method of getting the message through was a bit messy, and an obvious rehash of the 1969 episode. Also for all their advanced Go'auld beating technology, the Ashen's defence of the Gate was a bit weak, it took about 20+ hits to stop each of the guys, and not an iris in sight!!!

Well that's my 2p, I'm sure you'll hear from me again before long!!

Well some has been said.. thoughts..

1) I like that question about the whole cassandra thing... The sg-1 team in 2010 should have thought about that. They KNOW that the sg-1 is going to be there in the future so should be very dubious about any attempt that is likely to stop it being there. Interesting "knowing" the future and can you actually change the future, it is weird in the sg-1 world it is almost as if you can change the past but not the future... um...

2) Would Jack really go like that? He comes round i guess but... him v Sam that much.. i don't know...

3) Defense of gate. Yeah appaling. My guess is that the race is non-violent (hence the hands over ears with the guns) and their method of killing of the humans.

4) Would doctors not have realised earlier a 90% drop in birth rate.. is every doctor now not a human ie no human doctors at all to check on ovaries.

5) Note .. pathetic.. more information would have been helpfull...

6) Also, the race still exists. They are still more powerful than the Goa'uld, all the 2010 sg-1 team did was increase the time before they would meet. Was that the best solution do you think? i would think a bigger note with some technology etc would have certainly been a good plan and an explanation why. You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't even know what they are!

I did like the ep though but worry that this whole time travel thing is going to become a "bit easy" but i guess that the solar flare calculation bit is the prevasio so they can't just use it whenever they want. Clever...

Well, 2010, was okay. Like the rest of you, in the UK anyway, have been waiting for 2 weeks for this, Stargate finished up before xmas. Although we were getting it 2 times a day all last week, yeah. Anyway, now that Sam may not meet that guy, "the good guy", do you think she'll get it together with Jack?

out of interest did us brits get it before those people from across the pond ?

No spoiler space, i guess people who read this entire thread don't mind being spoiled (not that i've seen the episode myself yet :)

Originally posted by bel

Sam, Daniel and Teal'c get Jack to help to send a message back in time to themselves to stop them ever contacting the Ashen in the first place. They are aware that by doing so they will destroy their own timeline.

What?! ARrrgh -1969 was bad enough but I had hoped the fool writers would understand their errors: Alternate realities=multiple timelines. Multiple timelines=No paradoxes=anything that can happen probably happens. And anything that has happened somewhence CAN NOT BE DESTROYED.

sigh...its only a tv show

Yes, Padders,
You people across the water (pond) get to see it 10 days before we do! We haven'teven got Chain Reacton yet! So gload. But the did have talk of the script on SG-1 Spoilergate (and we were sent parts of the script to read as it was not to be posted in its entirity on line.

Yeah a better note would have been helpful, as the 2010 folks would know the date of the next Go'auld attack, and since they're preventing the Ashen from 'saving' Earth, they could give their past selves a helping hand, couldn't they :rolleyes:

And wow we're actually ahead of the US in SG-1, that does surprise me, we're usually 1 or more seasons behind with everything...

yup but i guess it has to be good news, we know that in the near future the goa'uld are not going to come close to destroying the world or wipe out 99% of the population because if they did and there are survivors then they would send a message back. As we know there are survivors (casandra) then there can't be any big disaster.

Now we have infinite parellel universes and infinite parellel timelines (any difference???) it is getting a little confusing really. But yeah i agree, the universe with Jack, Sam etc in it would not suddenly end because of the message.

not my fav of epi's but didn't
daniel look good,i mean really good
didn't like the glasses he was wearing
though...peachy

few spoliers none not already mentioned
hi it was a good ep but i do have to say joe ,i did not like one bit
and why so much angst between jack/sam and jack/joe
i also think 4 us brits that channel 4 is showin eps of the rest of season 2 startin this sunday .
three questions i would like ask if thats ok
1 who in the universe would actually vote for kinsey to president?
2 who else found that sgc tour guide very very annoying?
3 who else missed teal'cs emblion (sorry cant spell good ,im ill )
flygal

yes i missed teal'c's emblem too
i wonder if he know's it's missins
haha...peachy

yes the president thing scared me, also when he said how he encouraged it there was not even a snicker or some look from the sg-1 team.. strange... especially when he was all "we are the best.. we don't trust aliens.. we just hate them all.. we should be insular" and he is the one who loves them.. um..

Jack obviously not happy with SG-1. Even teal'c did not seem particularly worried about not having Jack there, "a shame" or something he called it.

I would like to see another episode from this time line i have to say.

Well if they go with the mulitple timelines/realities thing then there should be a continuation of the 2010 timeline, as mentioned by a previous post, so they could continue it, saying that the gate defences were incapacitating only, not fatal, or else there'd be no cast!!

Don't get me wrong I love timeline episodes - they always promote a great deal of discussion but I'd like to pick up on a point or two made earlier ;

padders said :
3) Defense of gate. Yeah appaling. My guess is that the race is non-violent (hence the hands over ears with the guns) and their method of killing of the humans.

This doesn't really work - if the Ashen took out the Goa'uld so easiliy why not just wipe out the earth as well. I can't really see what benefit we had for them - it's not as if they were using our bodies or anything (like the Goa'uld would), they were just phasing us out. It seems they were waiting when they didn't really need too. You're not telling me they phased out the Goa'uld so slowly.

I suppose the 1969 idea with Solar Flares was the only option but I agree a more informative note could have been sent back in time.

It might have been an idea to have used the second gate (as opposed to breaking through the defenses at the primary gate (which was a tad unrealistic - Terrorist Attack !) - afterall we don't know if it got destroyed or not.

I'm not too sure they'll revisit a timeline episode - too much cross-checking with previous and future episodes is required. (such as the references to ep 1969)

If you think about it we already knew it would work out (not just because it was bound too) but because we had already seen the future in the ep 1969 with Casandra in the old gate room.

Time - it's wierd !

Back