Depressing or what?

Cat

Look! I'm posting again!
I don't want to be critical or nothin' but we Australians are starting to look a bit like whingers. I don't want to offend anyone 'cause I do it too. And I know we have reason. But the tenor of the recent posts in the Australian section is a bit depressing. We all know that the attitude of Channel 7 (or their affiliates) sucks but hey! Channel 7 has ALWAYS been like that and not just with Stargate.

It's Christmas! Almost. And I know it's a particularly good time of the year for the odd bit of whinging but how about we start with an early New Year's resolution and snap out of it for awhile.

Now you can all throw bricks at me......

no, we won't throw bricks at you!
but you are right, we have been a little depressing, but when tv channels stuff your favourite show around so damn much it makes you wanna ......, woops getting a bit to much violent thoughts. but new years resalution (presuming channel 7 treats sg-1 100%) look on the brighter side.

it must be the sun... :)

nah, i agree with JAD if they don't 'give' then we get angry, it's just the way it is!

anyway.... who wants to join me 'eggin' channel 7? :)

Martouf is right we get angry when they ( channel seven) dont deliver the goods.

I'll help with the 'eggin.'

I think that the even Network is trying to do the right thing by stopping part of the country so that the rest can catch up. It is almost expected anyway because of the christmas programming.

But the whole Prime / Seven cockup actually stemmed back to about 2 years ago, when there was a big problem with MGM. This wasn't Seven's fault, but in fact MGM's. The whole furore ended in a number of MGM executives being sacked, and replaced by people whop knew what they were doing.

The problem then was playing catch up.

Christopher Judge kindly provided the information above. And it is for the same reason above that SG-1 merchandise has been slow in the process, but that will all change in the near future, as there are a few companies currently applying for merchandising rights throgh MGM.

we can't egg either of channel 7 or MGM or they might deprive us of our sacred sg-1 forever, and i would just die without it! :)

hmm.... i have trusty 'contacts' overseas, but still we would die!

yes, as much as i would love to egg both of them, we just have to restrain ourselves for the greater good!
3 sleeps till nemesis! :)

3 to go till URGO!
i can't wait, i'm counting down by hours! (76)
I just hope the VCR doesn't screw up!

i know how you feel, i fell asleep before taping divide and conquer at my friends house, and woke up and it was half finished. but if anything goes wrong, let me know - i now have every episode up to the first ones, and i can make a copy for you :)

You are the second Aussie to offer help! thanks!

so you have every ep upto the first ones? does that include series one and two?

yes i do have every episode up to the first ones, and soon i will be getting up to the serpents venom. i roiginally got foothold - nemesis sent to me from qld, then i have gotten s4 from a friend in WA who gets them from the us, so if you need any, just let me know!

i am missing four from series one but padders is sending them down, and i'm missing the last 6 eps from series 2 but should buy them when the next releases come out! And as for series 3 i have 'em all that have been on tape (first 16)
so i am fine at the moment except that my 'movie' copy has adds in it... :(

Gatecon, Martouf, Corzafa,

Have you tried writing to the Station and MgM or e-mailing them. Instead of eggs, COMPLAIN! Write! Let them see that you are hurting. Post the e-mail addys and granny will send one... at least!

TV stations don't really take much notice of what we have to say, unless it is of benifet to them.

yeah, if they cared about what people (their viewers) think, we wouldn't be in thiss mess with stargate!

At least Stargate is on tonight (it'll be nice to see Kawalsky again at any rate).

Last year they took it off for two or three months over summer. I only started recording Stargate from "Deadman Switch" although I had watched it on and off before that.

So, not long after I was well and truly hooked in a sort of obsessive/compulsive way, they took it off!!! Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

At least this year we're going with re-runs and I'm missing eleven season 1 shows so if they have any sort of decency (as if!) and show season 1 in any kind of reasonable order, I'll be happy.

but think about how we South Aussies must feel, we still gotta have 3 months before we catch up to you 'rerun' guys, if we didn't we too could have Series one (there's no chance in hell that we will ever get to watch them)