showtime's nov. schedule

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
well, i hate to be the bearer of bad news but...if showtime's web site is correct the november schedule is as follows:
11/3 divide and conquer
11/10 window of opportunity
11/17 watergate
11/24 first ones

so that annoying promo voice is correct, looks like we won't be getting any new eps until the next millennium.

boo hoo!!!!

at least it means we get to catch up with uk (uk that is) and can talk about the episodes at the same time. Not helping .. oh well :) you got Andromeda to watch as well.

Thanks for the November info. What happened to the episode for tonight, 10/27, or do I have the wrong day?

I just managed to get Showtime last week, saw my first episode of season 4, & now Friday at 10:00 & no SG1.

Bad news????
If that schedule was my local TV station that would be 'top' news mate!

i'm understanding the BRILLIANT (no sarcasm here) network executives decided viewers of showtime would much rather watch boxing than stargate.
yeah, two men beating the stuffings out of each other or the best sci fi show on tv...definitely sorry i missed the carnage.

yeah padders i get andromeda late saturday nights, it's buried like at midnight on a local station. still reserving judgement on it though...guess it can only get better

Cpt Dennis, Welcome to our friendly forum!

Friday they had some boxing on. I guess it is their right to not notify the viewers when they change their minds. Really made me angry!

It is good that you have begun to post. That is what we would like members to do. That and come back and visit!
There are many things to view here. We have a convention section where the organizers of Gatecon 2000 will answer your questions!

Over to the left of your screen we have the new sections of Talkforums and Books with favorite authors and one for Films.

Our pull down section on the bottom of the options section gives you a menu of where you can go to next.

We even have a chit chat and fan fic section to peruse at you leisure. Sit back, ask questions answer them and enjoy!

I was rushing home to watch Friday's show and I was so angry to find out NO STARGATE,NO INFORMATION ABOUT NEXT WEEK SHOW,HOW THE HECK DO I SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHATS ON NEXT WEEK???

um . . . we get Stargate Friday and twice on Saturday nights . . . but no new Stargates. Only reruns of Series 4 (hehehehe) (sorry :).

They showed two idiots beating each other up. AND no Stargate, no TEAL'C!

Powers that be!

Obviously, the Showtime powers that be decided all the viewers of SG-1 did not deserve the consideration of informing us of the change. "Why, Bless their pea-picking little hearts!" Yes-sir-ree! I'd much rather watch a 'Fight" that happened a week ago! "NOT!"

YA THINK!

Sorry, padders, dear couldn't resist ...it is late and granny is tired and her coffee is cold and the computer is cranky and the kid is sick and the dog goes to training next week and... I MISSED MY TEAL'C FIX! AND SG-1 FIX!..and you left the perfect opening..

Yep, 2 people beating each other up. Just as exciting as NBC's Olympic coverage on three channels. If they had shown us the actual sports as coverage, versus their commentators running their mouths, it might have been interesting.

It wasn't even Teal'c and Jack sparing. Now that really s___s . . . ahhh stinks.

Well Showtime just showed "Divide and Conquer" in the US.
And Wow for next week if they don't have more idiots hitting each other!

Someone intelligent at Showtime must be reading our threads!

Do you really want to give tham THAT much credit! I know I shouldn't be nasty but with them it is soooo verrry easy!

You have a point. Anyone who would show 2 guys pummeling each other to death (who aren't Teal'c and Jack) . . . idiots.

As usual, I missed the title last Friday, but I assume that the "Divide and Conquer" episode is the one with the 1) "Manchurian" sleeper asassins (sp?) and 2) the Jack/Sam emotional problem?

I am actually relieved that they're doing re-runs, as I just got Showtime available here, and I hadn't been able to get any of the new season episodes. The production quality seems waaay up since they're producing for Showtime, and we now also get reruns on the cable WB channel (with commercials), so maybe MGM will make enough $$$ on the Showtime + first-year syndication to keep going!

Lord, I hope so! I was having withdrawl for over a month since the local broadcast boobs stopped showing the syndicated prior seasons' episodes (at 2:00 AM Sunday night/Monday morning).

Hi, Cpt Dennis,

Yes, last weeks episode was "Divide and Conquer" and next week will be "Window of Opportunity" a less controversal episode than last week's DandC. Glad to hear that Showtime is showing Stargate SG-1 in New York. It is one of "their" top rated shows and on the West Coast (where I am) even gets occasional adds on other cable systems on breaks between shows. They have always been with Showtime and that is where their premier show "Children of the Gods" was shown first. Often when in syndication the channels showing syndication episodes put on the show at different times. I am lucky as LA is a big market and We get syndication on at SAT at 6 p.m. (And we are in the thrid year of syndication here!)
As with any show, as syndiation is successful the people feel more confident about putting in more money for more things. The same producers have been with the show since its inception and have always wanted quality stuff. They are just putting in more quality stuff as the syndication market gets bigger. The problem is that we are comparing TV to Movie production and the small screen always suffers in comparison because of the different production values and way the money has to be spent.
But then there are shows such as Dr. Who (an English sci-fi show) that seemed to skimp on some production things and always have wonderful actors until it became sort of a trade mark of the show and became expected. I always loved their super cheesy aliens and their thinly disguised English Countryside shots! That was the show that used a common English Telephone Booth as the space-time ship (TARDIS) for the heroes!
Have you been to Showtime's web site? Often one can find listings and times for the shows! and sometimes they are accurate! (Unless Showtime decides it wants another boxing match!)
Glad you can now see the Season 4 episodes! (even in re-run!)

Thanks for the info on the syndication issue!

I have made a further discovery re: what I thought were re-runs from season 4 (the syndicated ones) now appear to be from season 3! It appears that the crappy local broadcast station got season one a year late(probably at a discount), and was running those episodes while the rest of the world was seeing season two. They then ran season two in 1999-2000, never ran season three, and then dropped SG entirely. Now that I have access to a decent cable hookup (and Showtime)I'm getting my first looks at Seasons 3 and 4 more or less at the same time. (I'm assuming that in Season 3 they still had the "action" opening, as opposed to the slow scan of the sarcophagus they now use)

Anyway, it's now the "cup runnenth over" problem, and I'm getting all kinds of flak from my SO; she is not an addict (hopefully just not yet!).

Should I be posting elsewhere, or am I still OK here?