Stargate Sequel

I really can't imagine Stargate II not being based on the series; it simply wouldn't make any sense. I believe that syndication crews and the people in charge of such things are stupid, but I have difficulty believing that they are that stupid.

Considering that the movie will probably air in 2003 (ie, "not before 2002" == it will be later than we pretend), that puts Stargate SG-1 between its sixth and seventh seasons. Since we have seen some doubt over the continuation of the series into a sixth or seventh season, it would not be unreasonable to assume that the movie will provide a means by which to end the current series, or otherwise to alter it by removing characters or inserting other characters to gradually displace them. In this, I am obviously thinking primarily of Michael Shanks who, indications are, is becoming somewhat bored with his role of Daniel Jackson. I can't say that's awefully surprising, but it would be aweful to lose him.

Here we go with my "as a writer" line, but personally, I would be torn between several scenarios for the movie. In all of these scenarios I would want to be able to have at least a couple of the SG-1 characters die in the traditional cliched heroic manner -- I was thinking about it last night, and while a pointless death would be unexpected, it would also be very unsatisfying. IANAS (I am not a shipper), but there would probably have to be some kind of conclusion to the unspoken relationship between Jack and Sam, which of course could tie exceptionally well with character death. I would not, however, want Sam and Jack to die together.

<begin spoiler: S4>

That's the idea of deaths. In terms of new characters, I'd be looking in particular at the season four episode Prodigy (if I could remember that cadet's name I'd tell you, but since I can't this isn't really a spoiler) and perhaps trying to use Sam's "apprentice"...since Prodigy was the last episode I have seen, there may be an excellent reason that I could not do this, but that's just an idea. Any characters could do, but that one in particular was already established and so came to mind.

<end spoiler>

With regard to a scenario: I think that most people will agree that it should really involve the Goa'uld, although having the Asguard in the movie as well could be cool. Personally, I would be creating the movie with another series in mind, since SG-1 will either be finished already or finishing shortly afterwards. Assuming there would be another series, the first thing that comes to mind is that the old set is getting rather old. From a production standpoint, people want to see new stuff. That brings two ideas to mind:

1. build an off-world base and have the second series revolving around that. Pros: make a nice change from Earth, could explore the effect of non-local government on the discipline of the new SGC...cons: limited storylines (from my point of view, and taking into account the second idea):

2. the stargate is either discovered or deliberately unveiled. Me, I'm thinking that a Goa'uld invasion of Earth would probably prompt some interesting questions, and the stargate would stop being a secret quite quickly. This could provide an opportunity for a new, United Nations-funded stargate project, with a brand-spanking-new SGC facility and lots of nice new "experimental" technology. Who could be put in charge of this facility? Jack, of course, assuming that he didn't die in the movie (actually I was thinking the best person to die from an emotional standpoint would be Sam, but that's coz I'm a guy -- Daniel should probably also cop it to keep the girls happy), with special guest appearances from Don S Davis as Jack's "advisor", so to speak. Guest appearances from Christopher Judge would also be cool, but there should be some kind of subplot in the movie resolving the rather unresolved issues that Teal'c has in the series. Assuming that we kick Goa'uld arse in the long run, Teal'c could be instrumental in forming a force of rebel Jaffa (perhaps Earth's saving grace), which would tend to make him look a lot better in the eyes of many who see him as disgraced. He should probably go and live on Chulak, as we saw he did in

<begin spoiler: S4>

the season four episode which took place in 2010.

<end spoiler>

Well, that's my $2...having said all that, I'm having an unnatural urge to write a Stargate II script...

I agree with some. I do like the off world base idea! That is grand. I wish they would let Jack have that one! That is how to separate Jack and Sam (I am no shipper but I don't want to see either die!) And love the idea of Teal'c and the rebellion!

oooh yeah...

jsc...cool...I agree....

an off world base, and Teal'c banding together a rebal jaffar force...that would be soooooo cool.....

also, like the idea of the goau'ld invading....lol...

a bit like...um independence day...lol....

got to it...write...write write....

interseting!!

:alienooh:
my idea 4 a sequel is that o'neill,teal'c,daniel and carter having 2 rescue the tok'ra from a new "god". it should have a twisted storyline like say teal'c gets brainwashed (or any member of SG1 get brainwashed)into following the baddie guys!
wot u think?
also i feel thye shouldnt get the original stargate actors thye should use the series actors.thye're much better!!!

Sounds like fun... now all we have to do is to interest the producers and let them tell ther writers... Actually It is a good idea..... I wish you could do it as a fan fic!;)

Big movie = lots of money to blow up things that they normally wouldn't do on the show (think - THE X FILES MOVIE)

so...........

man i wish i could do my idea!!!!i would totally blow u guys away!!
i think u can write a synopsis of an episode that u've thought of and send it in!
iffat

I agree with you guys I think that the actors from the TV show sould be in the new movie , cuz we know them very well , but i dont think some of them should die, or better jet they die but are misteriousley brought back to life , just to create some excitment.

here is my idea for the sequel, I even wrote a short script, not much details just the main plot.

I think it would be great if sg-1 were to go back in time , lets say 10,000 years , when the goa'uld were still on Earth and they meet all of their arch enemies ( Ra, Sokar, Seth, Hathor etc.) as well as some friends like the tok'ra queen ( Egeria) who with the help of sg-1 creates the TOK'RA but is then killed by Ra. And then sg-1 starts a rebelion against the goa'uld and the local people burry the Stargate just like it did happen.
We have see sg-1 go back in time, why not once more.
I think it would be a blast to see sg-1 fighting the deceased goa'uld like Ra and maybe even see some unas