Friday (Robert A Heinlein)

MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
"Friday is a superbeing. Engineered from the finest genes, and trained to be a secret courier in a future world of chaotic ferocity and intrigue, she can think better, fight better, and make love better than any of the normal people around her." -The New York Times Book Review

"Friday is all woman. She is as strong and resourceful and decisive as any Heinlein hero; in addition she is loving (oh, yes) and tender and very, very female. This, like so many Heinlein's works, is as joyous to read as it is provocative." Theodore Sturgeon, Los Angeles Times

Cheers,

I just joined this board and I'm still having a look around. I truly wonder why the thread about this RAH story is unanswered and at the bottom of the list?

For me it was one of the most emotionally touching stories Heinlein wrote - when Friday was kicked out of her Family for being a Living Artifact I could feel with her.

Cheers
Val

I just joined this board and I'm still having a look around. I truly wonder why the thread about this RAH story is unanswered and at the bottom of the list?

For me it was one of the most emotionally touching stories Heinlein wrote - when Friday was kicked out of her Family for being a Living Artifact I could feel with her.

Cheers
Val

Are you one of them weird superbeings, too?

Great read, btw.

Best wishes,
Dirk

I would agree! One of Heinlein's very best. Why it went unanswered a decade ago is unclear to me. But I would think that there were not many people part of the chrons (if it even existed back then). This might come from the other forum that was merged into crons some years back. [It's all before my time and so I could be very mistaken]

I started reading this, but really lost my way about half way through and didn't bother finishing.

This book is a great read if you love heinlein. One of his better pieces. Friday has soul.

Ginny loved Whelan's cover illustration of Friday.
At her house in Fleet Landing, it hung on the south (right hand) wall of the foyer.

This one?
iu

I loved that one as well.

I found Friday to be one of the more memorable of Heinlein's books. But that maybe because I was much older when I read this one than all (most?) of the other Heinlein books I read.