McCaffrey, Anne: Interview?

The gals don't shorten the names. Didn't they say a mark of respect... as Queens and the lads are comming so fast they shorten?
Mnemoth is a cutey!

He didn't have bow legs. But a sense of humor and honor.So did F'lor's big Brown Canith. Loved thoes two best. Wasn't too happy with the queens tho... nasty attitudes. Wanted a big bronze not a queen... must have been nuts even then!

yeah the bronzes r cute. w/out the bow legs, v. nice (accurate) hehe.
Disinterested, anyone?

Just started reading Moreta last night. It seems good so far. The main triology plus The one called Dragon Singer are the stories I've read so far.
fpuppy.gif

read.gif
I also found interest in another book by Anne called Acorna's Quest It's about a "unicorn girl" plan on reading it soon.
unicorn.gif

She has written a lot of Pern based books. I wish I could remember all of them. Some not as good as other. Some only had dragons in it as minor characters. She also wrote some about when the ship first arrived in orbit and about the beginings of human dragon association.

I don't remeber off hand will have to hunt up my books tomorrow! Any book seller could tell you though but...I should know!

Asmiley, in the thread Robinton they have the Anne McCaffrey web site! I am sure that book will be listed there!

Love the Dragon in Motion!

These are not the latest but the last I have. I know there have been more published.

Masterharper of Pern

All the Weyrs of Pern

The Girl who heard Dragons

the name of the first book, where the people first land on pern, is dragonsdawn...i have all the books, except i dont have the books with the short stories... though i did read the one where they were only exploring pern, but hadnt yet decided to colonize...

my fav' characters are T'gellan and his dragon Monarth.. i totally loved his cavalier attitude... F'lar and F'nor are just too serious for me..

Thanks!

Thanks for the title I definitely have to read that one! It's a must!!!

------ If you're into dragons you should read: The Flight of Dragons. It's a book on the processes and biology of Dragons. With answers to such questions such as "how did Dragons fly?" and stuff like that. The animated film is better cause it has a plotline but the book is definitely a must if you're really into Dragons on the (maybe) obsessed level.
cwm27.gif

dragon.gif

ponyperson, I do like the more serious ones, Canth and F'lar are favorites! As is Memnoth. But I also like Mirrim and Path!

Moreta's Ride is a sad story! But very enjoyable!

favorite characters....

Female: Killashandra Ree (Crystal Singer)
Male: Lars Dahl (Crystal Singer)

Runners up:

Female: Lessa, Brekke, Menolly
Male: Robinton, F'lar, F'nor

Next in line:

Female: Silvina
Male: Carrick, Lanzecki

I think I have Crystal on the brain!!!

Ok, I know I came to this thread REALLY late, but please bear with me... I should have the rest of the thread browsed through tonight! ;)