Your favorite character (Terry Pratchett)

Susan Sto Helit

I can't help it. I love DEATH (and DEATH of Rats!) (And Quoth, The Raven) and Carrot and the City Watch (from Vimes to Nobby to Cheery) are all big favorites, too.

But for some reason, Susan Sto Helit is my favorite. I think I see a lot of myself in her. Too smart, invisible, common sense in a world of unbelievable stupidity :rolleyes: ...So when I see her take on the Bogeyman, and do the DEATH thing, I can live vicariously through her and feel as though I was the mousey one that finally prodded buttock and took names ;)

I even roleplay her in the discworld@yahoogroups.com email rpg. It's much fun, though a little slow right now :)

RQ

Well, we do have some storyline going so far...we got a bit bogged down when we suddenly realized we needed a plot!

The story so far (though I'm not done editing for continuity yet) is at htt://pages.scifi.com/OBeyon/DiscworldLite.html and believe it or not--feedback is appreciated :)

RQ

Originally posted by Skip
well..... it would have to be te-a-ti-me;)

I agree. The mad ones are good baddies. But then there's Wonse too......
The Vampyres appeared at times not so much evil as....miss-guided. Can't think of the rest.

Susan is definitly sensible, and she sees it as a character flaw. But ironically, she's also part of that stupidity that she detests so much. She's Death's Grandaughter of all things!

Oh yes,
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger!"
"And what does kill us leaves us dead!"

Vimes and Vetinari and Death and Igor and Albert and Nobby and CMOT Dibbler...
Oh they are all great and i love Crowley and Aziraphael.
Anyway oh i forgot what i was gonna say now. when i remember i'll post it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh and who could forget the heroes who had come to slay the dragon and wanted half of the kingdom and the kings daughter but all that was available was Vetinaris maiden aunt!

My favoured characters come in the shape of the witches, Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax.

They remind me so much of my own (departed) grandmothers.

Oooh, have so many favorites, Death being the main one... Just gotta love someone that manages to pop up in every book... *G* The only other thing that manages that is Ankh-Morpork. *G*

Love Carrot as well, the barbarian hoard always gets to me, like the magicians, the witches.... I must say, TP has a way of making interesting characters, with enough flaws that you just gotta love them....

Rincewind the wizard for me as even though he's a coward, hen ends up being the hero with out meaning too

Back