Texane

Frelling Wicked
-------------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.
-------------------------------

Because her peripheral nerve was damaged by the Peacekeeper who came on board with the virus and stabbed her, unless Aeryn gets a graft from a suitable donor, she will die. The only place to get the graft is at the nearby Gammak Peacekeeper Base, and Crighton insists on breaking in. A Gammak Base is guarded like the preverbial Fort Knox.

Posing as a peacekeeper and with Chiana along to help (playing his "companion" and keeping the other male Peacekeepers busy at the bar), Crighton successfully gets into the base and finds peacekeeper tech Gelina is there, who helps him obtain the graft for Aeryn . . .

and then he meets Scorpius, who puts him in the Aurora Chair, a machine that rips memories out of your brain. Scorpy is accompanied by Niem, a beautiful, incredibly thin female with long red hair, who runs the controls as he questions the victim.

Here Scorpius finds out that Crighton has certain knowledge that he wants about wormholes. We only begin to see just how bad it would be if Scorpy got his hands on this information.
:alienooh:

Aeryn and Crighton fans get a good episode here (except for the vomiting blood part). I like the way the writers always have the crew at disagreement technically, but when it comes down to the bottom line, they all agree on what is important. Without much dissention.

Attacking a Peacekeeper base (well, sneaking on board one) -Chiana turns out to be a great crewmate after all! She had stolen an ident chip from the Peacekeeper who stabbed Aeryn; full security clearance.

Nice job, girl! :cool:

Wow! Another great eppy without discussion! What a shocker :eek:

Anyway, Tex is right. On a shipper level, this eppy rocked. I loved the beginning and I can't wait to get this one on DVD. Next week, TTLG and ABL will be out on DVD and I hope to pre-order this eppy's DVD then. :D John has always been willing to help Aeryn, but he really puts it on the line here.

I love the Pk leathers on John, too, and all his interactions with Chiana. He's still not sure he can trust her, but she really comes through for all of them. :aliengray She had some great moves against Commander Javio, and man is she ruthless! :alienooh: This eppy kind of convinced me that she did indeed kill Salis. She is capable of murder. :eek:

I felt really sorry for Gillina, though. She's obviously still carrying a torch for John, and he's risking his life for another woman. I didn't like Chi lying to our Pk Tech Girl, and I don't think she believed the Nebari. I love Gillina and her willingness to put her PK life at risk to save John, almost to the point of wishing things could have been different for her and John. I love John and Aeryn as a couple, but Gillina was so sweet and courageous, I just really miss her. Maybe she's with Velorek in the Pk afterlife :D (A shipper can hope!)

I also really liked D'Argo's attitude towards Aeryn here. He obviously thinks of her as a valued friend and respects her greatly, in spite of the fact that he disregards her request and helps to save her life. Moya's status as a living ship came in really handy here, too. The crew has really come full circle, having saved Moya early on and being saved by her in this most direct way (ie Aeryn's toxins being filtered through her systems).

Anyway, I obviously loved this eppy, but remember, "Beware the chair." :disturbed:

And, although he probably would have said he did it one warrior to another, I think he sat there and held Aeryn's hand because he had come to like her as a good soldier and as a crewmate.

Yeah. I loved that bit of action. D'Argo's compassion for Aeryn by this point is obvious (and makes seeing events in later eps when they clash even harder). So in less than a cycle, D'Argo's gone from seeing Aeryn as a savage, murdering Peacekeeper to a valued friend. :smile:

I've watched seasons 1 and 2(just started season 3) and this is my favourite episode so far(and the one after it). :D

A superlative episode, perhaps because it is now moving to a darker side compared the relative fluff of previous episodes.

Of course the arrival of Scorpius has a huge part to play in this shift from light to dark; in a way he reminds me of the arrival of the Borg in S3 of STNG, and all of a sudden things become a little more serious and a little more focused with a decent story arc that developed over the remaining seasons.

Full credit to Chiana becoming a little more rounded now that she is with friends, and that the trust barrier between the crew-mates is slowly thawing.

However it is Gillina that I have a soft spot for. So helpful, a little naive perhaps, but easy on the eyes and ears. And such a great, great shame she never became a recurring character

8/10

Are you doing a re-watch? I did one a little while ago but am now doing another with my partner who's never seen it before (the horror!!). We've just finished the ep before this (the one where Aeryn gets stabbed), so can't wait for it all to kick off and get Scorpius in on the action. Farscape is excellent from the get go, but really picks up once he's involved. (Plus Stark. I love Stark).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brian G Turner Science & Nature 0